HELP i think i got hacked D:
First Page 2
 Shiva.Sirex
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this is a last minute resort kinda thing, SE has that BS "we dont work weekends" crap and i got hacked this morning i think so...

can anyone contact anyone from kurokajisyndicate ls and tell em sirex got hacked? see if they call gm or anything?!

this is like my last ditch effort here >< please please please help me out, anyone. again, just want someone to see if they can call a gm, i cant contact SE till monday morning ;_;
 Hades.Ethereal
Server: Hades
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-02-06 09:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Its bs. they need to start working weekends or a way to recover your password.... Hackers work on friday nights. That way they have the whole weekend. idk what else to say : \
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on shiva!!!!!! look at the forums ;_;
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 09:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs in game don't have the power to do anything directly in these situations. Even if someone you know was able to call one, I highly doubt they'd be able to do anything to help unfortunately. They'd most likely refer you to call SE directly, which as we all know, are closed until Monday.
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
Server: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-06 09:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
GMs in game don't have the power to do anything directly in these situations. Even if someone you know was able to call one, I highly doubt they'd be able to do anything to help unfortunately. They'd most likely refer you to call SE directly, which as we all know, are closed until Monday.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but they do have the power to "jail" the person until at least the legit player can place a call to SE, I think they can effectively "Turn off" your account as well.

Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SE can go get mouth cancer then >< they have the shitiest support for this i swear
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 09:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Forgive me if I am wrong, but they do have the power to "jail" the person until at least the legit player can place a call to SE, I think they can effectively "Turn off" your account as well.

Won't be that easy. Has to be proof the account was hacked, which means actually going to SE w/ credit card number, key codes ect, otherwise, anytime you wanted to piss someone off, you could call a GM and claim their character was hacked and request it to be locked.

A GM won't Jail someone based off of "This character was hacked!"
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
Server: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-02-06 09:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

Won't be that easy. Has to be proof the account was hacked, which means actually going to SE w/ credit card number, key codes ect, otherwise, anytime you wanted to piss someone off, you could call a GM and claim their character was hacked and request it to be locked.

Ah, I forgot about that, seems like your *** then.

Would have thought SE would at least have a "emergency" contact for this type of thing.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-02-06 09:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they have the power to do that, they just have to have permission of the owner of the account. If you can contact your in game friends outside of the game (instant messenger or vent or something, idk) try getting one of them to call in on their character and claim to be you. Just pass along whatever information they're told to verify. Never had any experience with it personally but I've heard of people doing this.
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh. well ***. and i hear SE are *** about replacing everything ><
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

your in luck i got a free 14days account making a char on that world right now i let you know.
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

omg <3 let me know if sirex is currently logged on
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

loging on right now i call a GM for you if you got hack no problem man :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-02-06 09:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

GMs can freeze your account. But you would have to give the person talking to the gm all your informations.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the gay CS o.o it be done soon.
 Titan.Marzbarz
Server: Titan
user: MarzBarz
By Titan.Marzbarz 2010-02-06 09:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Sirex said:
they have the shitiest support for this i swear
Its true. Took me like a week just to reset my pw because I couldn't remember my old phone number. I'm sorry to hear that, there seems to be a lot of hacking going on right now.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 09:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you can contact your in game friends outside of the game (instant messenger or vent or something, idk) try getting one of them to call in on their character

If he could call SE in the first place, he wouldn't need to use a GM. They're closed.
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

exactly ><
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-02-06 09:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Quote:

My friend got hacked and when I called GM they had some simple questions, what level 75s did the char have, type, how many mules what were their names etc, can try that.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

your account is not log on. I can call a GM for you they can stop your account too monday but you have to talk to me by msn so i can help you out.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-06 09:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

My friend got hacked and when I called GM they had some simple questions, what level 75s did the char have, type, how many mules what were their names etc, can try that.

If the guy hacked it to actually play the account sure, that's viable. If the person hacked the account to liquidate all the items asap and transfer items/gil, and wouldn't be on the account long to begin with. The guy actually has to be on in order to be jailed.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

they make your char go back to yestherday and you have all your item and stuff from last night.
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, thats a relief. i tried changing my password this morning cuz i kept getting that "account is logged from another terminal" message, and this is the second time i get hacked. the first time i was able to save it by changing PW.. someone spent my ISP that time lol ><. tried it again this time but i rushed the PW so i dont exactly remember it, hopefully that good enough for it x.x
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 09:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

gah, it was probably liquidation then ;_; hope i still have my rare/ex ***.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 09:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood :0 np just trying to help hope you can get your account.
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The account have been lock i called a GM :) he can get his account back on monday when it open again :0
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-02-06 10:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It was pretty easy to lock the account they just ask information about the CHar the mules and such. If you ever get hack just do that :) they have the power to lock your account. but only the real person can unlock it.
 Cerberus.Angish
Server: Cerberus
user: Angish
By Cerberus.Angish 2010-02-06 10:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing the account got locked until the damn SE goes back to work and great job Zenshiro! =D
 Shiva.Sirex
By Shiva.Sirex 2010-02-06 10:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

THANK YOU ZENSHIRO!!!!!!!!!!!!

you rock dude! <3 :D
First Page 2