Forum » FFXI » General » RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
RECENT BANNINGS, TRYING TO PROTEST MAR.1
First Page 2
 Ifrit.Linksamus
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-01-30 01:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people of FFXI. Recently I lost 4 friends to a banning spree SE went on. First was Bowenman. We suspect he was banned for getting angry with the rmt using the 30 day trial (I'm sure you all get the spam from them). Well, Bowen got angry with them on many occasions, spamming /tell back at them. Next, a couple of weeks later, some mutual friends of ours were all banned, Keeria and Atessa. They talked to Bowen much more than I did, so I suspect they were banned for this. I propose that we gather as many people as possible in whitegate on march first to protest this. SE isn't doing their job and allowing REAL players to play undisturbed. The rmt are controlling them, and making them do unjust things to players without SE realizing this. They make no attempt to discuss with players, they simply ban them from playing. If you can help, it would be appreciated. Thank you if you took the time to read this.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
user: Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 01:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bowen seems to have been banned for having sent several /tells to RMT spammers (despite those tells generally being flames against said RMTs), and it seems they're banning most of the people who he frequently interacted with. This is unjust and franky ludicrous. I'll be making a new character using some spare Content IDs to participate in this event.
[+]
 Fairy.Phatdade
Server: Fairy
user: phatdade
By Fairy.Phatdade 2010-01-30 02:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, enlighten us on the exact comments made that would cause such a thing to take place.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-30 02:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

POIDH
[+]
 Ifrit.Linksamus
By Ifrit.Linksamus 2010-01-30 02:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

well, on irfit, RMT use the 30 day trial to spam everyone with tells directing them to fake GM sites, gil buying etc. Bowenman just told them to leave him alone, may have sworn etc. The swearing can be banning material, that's a given, he doesn't care actually.But the others had no reason to be banned. SE is just doing w/e they want.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-01-30 03:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1st rule of windower is don't talk about windower.

The one think I try to stress to my linkshell is don't talk about stuff in the game, ever. Even if it's friends. It's in you log. So, say you and I are talking about spellcast. Then you get a tell from rmt and cuss them out. They gm you. GM checks your log and sees us talking about spellcast. Now we all get banned. Not saying this is what happened but i've been telling RMT to f*ck off since they started sending tells without repercussions. It's also the policy of SE to give you a warning 1st or to jail you unless it's a huge offense. Even then it starts out as a 72 hour suspension.
[+]
By Izey 2010-01-30 03:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think regardless of "Swearing" which in my opinion is Bull $hit to get banned over, if people dont wanna see, leave your PHUCKING FILTER ON #1.

#2 RMTs are allready doing something they're not supposed to by spammng /tells to players to go to fake sites and try to sell gil, so retaliating by spammin them back regardless of much he swore is no excuse for a GM to banned the said player. With that.... exactly what is it your trying to do with this March 1st business?
 Pandemonium.Busterblade
Server: Pandemonium
user: Buster
By Pandemonium.Busterblade 2010-01-30 03:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guess what, no matter how much you post here, nothings ever going to change! worthless posts go
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-01-30 04:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Busterblade said:
Hey guess what, no matter how much you post here, nothings ever going to change! worthless posts go

Quoted for great irony!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-30 04:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
I think regardless of "Swearing" which in my opinion is Bull $hit to get banned over, if people dont wanna see, leave your PHUCKING FILTER ON #1.

since when does the filter actually filter out RMT tells and not friendly tells by actual players?
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-30 04:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Izey said:

since when does the filter actually filter out RMT tells and not friendly tells by actual players?

Never once had a "friendly tell" blocked by it. By I do get about 20-30 less RMT tells per day using the filters.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-30 04:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had strategies on how to kill something blocked before. Like I think I was talking about how cors could soloing using quick draw. Hell I used auto translate everywhere I could. I changed every word 1 at a time and that didn't work. But if I typed the sentence out 3-4 words at a time it was fine. I need to SS some of the more rediculous blocks I've gotten.
 Ifrit.Myori
user: Myori
By Ifrit.Myori 2010-01-30 04:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been blocked talking about blue magic and a few times when talking about the auction house. I can still use the word Bro though without getting blocked and let me tell you i'm TOTALLY STOKED about it ;p
 Carbuncle.Bombard
Server: Carbuncle
user: bombard
By Carbuncle.Bombard 2010-01-30 05:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Izey said:

you're doing it wrong zanno :P

He's talking about the actual swear word filter for some reason, /shrug.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-30 06:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh...the age old "SE banned me for no reason!" thread.

These are always good.

EDIT: Seriously, as Davsa said, pics or it didn't happen. Also, prove that the people who got banned DIDN'T have previous marks on their account.
[+]
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 07:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@POIDH:
Take pics of what, exactly? The error screen when I log into POL? You ask the impossible, which seems to me to be trolling. You know I can't prove they banned me or anyone else wrongly; your post is simply for the sake of causing trouble.

@Izey:
I have no idea what he was saying to them, but having dated him for two years I can safely assume it was nothing but a few swear words at worst. As for myself, I had no marks against my account (at least that I've been informed of), and I find the whole situation laughable. As far as the March 1st thing goes, I believe Link wants to organize a public protest, as many of our friends had been banned just before I was, and none of them would engage in anything worth such severe action.
[+]
Server: Remora
user: Chakrila
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2010-01-30 07:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

really? youre gonna try to protest a ban without even knowing why the people got banned in the first place? can't wait to see how this thread unfolds
 Ifrit.Keeria
By Ifrit.Keeria 2010-01-30 07:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point is that we don't know what we were banned for. SE refuses to tell us, other than that we "violated the terms of service," which, for all we know, means absolutely nothing. The point is that we're protesting the banning of players who haven't broken the terms of service, which is becoming increasingly prevalent these days. This wasn't even my idea, it was Link's, and he's not even banned. He's upset that just about every one of his friends has been banned when none of them have broken the ToS. I'm just on board because I happen to be pissed about it, which given the circumstances I'd say I have the right to be.
 Odin.Bigeasy
Server: Odin
user: Bigeasy
By Odin.Bigeasy 2010-01-30 07:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

there accounts got wrecked like ***, and SE don't give a damn about your protesting, they won't get there account back. that's just how it is....
short and sweet
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-30 08:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not buying it lol Your friends who got banned was probably buying/selling gold or something on the low and got caught,they're just too embarrassed to tell you the real reason they got banned. The rest of yall was banned due to guilt by association. 1 or 2 of yall really know what happened lol. Protesting is pointless they might band every one who joins in so keep that in mind too. Technically SE can ban you for nothing if they wanted and there nothing you can do its in the agreement you sign up to every time you logg on. So basically wait for 14 to drop or get a new CC or debit and start over like so many b4 you lol ;0
 Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-01-30 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This actually reminded me of an old [GM] Dave blog..

http://bannable-offenses.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

its the third one down titles "I can Has Ban?"
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-01-30 08:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fairy.Mayeh
Server: Fairy
user: Mayeh
By Fairy.Mayeh 2010-01-30 08:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I'm not buying it lol Your friends who got banned was probably buying/selling gold or something on the low and got caught
Would that be gold nuggets, gold ore or gold ingots? Maybe Gold Earrings have been marked as RMT items?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-01-30 08:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Myori said:
Ive been blocked talking about blue magic and a few times when talking about the auction house. I can still use the word Bro though without getting blocked and let me tell you i'm TOTALLY STOKED about it ;p

Don't ignroe the dangers of being stoked.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-30 08:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Mayeh said:
Odin.Kalico said:
I'm not buying it lol Your friends who got banned was probably buying/selling gold or something on the low and got caught
Would that be gold nuggets, gold ore or gold ingots? Maybe Gold Earrings have been marked as RMT items?

No dumb *** buying/selling Gil lol you know what the fuk i ment you turd they going to ban you at the march protest watch o.o lmao
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-30 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
Ifrit.Myori said:

Don't ignroe the dangers of being stoked.

HOLY ***LMFAO :0
 Seraph.Rinkai
Server: Seraph
user: Rin
By Seraph.Rinkai 2010-01-30 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Keeria said:
Bowen seems to have been banned for having sent several /tells to RMT spammers (despite those tells generally being flames against said RMTs), and it seems they're banning most of the people who he frequently interacted with. This is unjust and franky ludicrous. I'll be making a new character using some spare Content IDs to participate in this event.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of a protest by giving SE more of your money?
[+]
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-01-30 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note.. don't ever send tells back because you confirm to them that the message they sent you got through to you. You'll get on the preferred spam list that way.

I wish SE would rewrite that filter, I was excited then they created it but they made the mistake of making it list based. List based spam filters always fail. They need to make it more creative for instance make it so the more people you send tells to the lower your trust rating goes. For instance one charter would be able to send all the tells they want to the same people but be unable to send tells to say.. 10-20 *different* people back to back for a certain period of time. Could make it based on the area you are in too, if your in a starter city you can only send to 5 different people in an hour, but if your in Whitegate you can send to 20.. or something like that.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-01-30 10:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Myori said:

Yo bro

@OP

Also, don't believe for a second you got banned for nothing. Especially since it's you and a group of friends, obviously did/use something illegal. They don't ban someone then ban his friendlist for funsies :x
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-30 10:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Call SE up and figure out why you got banned...?
First Page 2