CoP Missions

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » CoP missions
CoP missions
Offline
Posts: 14
By cheyrn 2010-01-28 10:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I want to do the CoP missions.

Can you state your interest in doing them. When we get enough people who say they are interested, we can then make a plan do do them.

My applicable jobs are rdm60, bst41, whm38, blm31.

Meanwhile I am farming recollections, and will probably have enough for a a party to convert to animas before a party is formed (if one ever is). I've read guides. I will do the adventuring fellow tactics pearl quest, which should give me some more experience with the area.

So far, I've found that you no longer have your armor removed if it's above level 30, as it used to be when I tried it before.
Offline
Posts: 14
By cheyrn 2010-01-28 11:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't see a way to edit the post. Here are some guides:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Promyvion_Guide
http://promathia.runtimerepairs.com/
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: nepharite
Posts: 605
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-28 19:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I can help on cop runs, btw lv30 gear is better than sync gear most of the time.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 14
By cheyrn 2010-01-29 10:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks, that's 2. Last night, with adventuring fellow, it was pretty easy to take out the memory receptacle on the first level, in Mea. The next level has tough fiends though, and even fighting the wanderers there I had to rest after the fight. And, there are 2 more levels. So, 2 is probably not enough.

Things must have gotten much easier than it used to be. Before, a full party got killed on the first level.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: nepharite
Posts: 605
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-29 10:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The only thing that I can tell they did was remove a lot of the mobs. Its my opinion that the first 3 promyvions are fairly simple if your prepared.
[+]
 Alexander.Lechnage
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: lechnage
Posts: 1
By Alexander.Lechnage 2010-01-30 12:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm interested. I got DRG, COR and a bunch of others but they need gear(which i don't mind investing into) give me a /tell Lechnage
[+]
 Alexander.Beouvle
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Beouvle
Posts: 7
By Alexander.Beouvle 2010-02-03 17:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So i guess you're starting from the beginning? I too want to do COP, I had a shell that was doing it but they seem to be inactive. I'll need to check with them to see what their plans are first.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1
By oliviasabrina 2010-02-13 19:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
me and my hubby want to do them is everone still doing then we stuck on below the arks please reply here thanks
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: nepharite
Posts: 605
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-02-14 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
oliviasabrina said:
me and my hubby want to do them is everone still doing then we stuck on below the arks please reply here thanks

The OP cheryn has already beat the starting prommies, but if you need help with them, feel free to send me a /tell
[+]
Offline
Posts: 14
By cheyrn 2010-02-16 23:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes, thanks to nepharite for helping.

I actually love that place, and would enjoy helping others with holla-mea-dem. I want the map. And, I'd like to do tactics pearl quest with others higher up that I can go by myself.

And, now I need to do CoP 2-2.
Offline
Posts: 49
By Calmdoggy 2010-03-10 21:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm still stuck on CoP 5-2, if anyone is on that one too give me a shout, seeing as how blu is my only job 70+ it be real nice to get sea access, hehe. Yeah nepharite you can give me a /tell when you want to help me >.>
[+]
 Odin.Gorby
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: gorby
Posts: 39
By Odin.Gorby 2010-03-11 03:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Heck, I'll move to Alexander If it means I can get these done. Zilart too. A 75 BLU without Sea/Sky is just ho-hum.
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Calmdoggy
Posts: 41
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-03-11 13:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Zilart from what I've heard can be low manned so yeah, we can get CoP done, or at least to 8-2 then switch to Zilart for a bit to get sky access. Like I said I'm only on 5-2 so that would be awesome.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
Posts: 1303
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-11 13:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
FFXI Prioritys

1+ 75 Job > Sky > CoP

Get a 75 so youll actually be able to finish CoP, get Sky access then get Sea.

And yeah Sky is easily duo'd.
 Valefor.Eirinne
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Eirinne
Posts: 434
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-03-11 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Sindri said:
FFXI Prioritys

1 75 Job > Sky > CoP

Get a 75 so youll actually be able to finish CoP, get Sky access then get Sea.

And yeah Sky is easily duo'd.
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Calmdoggy
Posts: 41
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-03-11 14:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Sindri said:
FFXI Prioritys

1 75 Job > Sky > CoP

Get a 75 so youll actually be able to finish CoP, get Sky access then get Sea.

And yeah Sky is easily duo'd.

For me seeing as how blu is my only job, i'm gonna easily get to 75 in about a week, so I'd say CoP is my biggest priority cause that's where alot of my endgame spells come from.
 Pandemonium.Tygon
Offline
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
Posts: 70
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-03-11 14:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The guide I used for CoP which was really helpful is http://promathia.runtimerepairs.com/. Pretty decent imo and well written.


Edit: Sorry didnt see it already linked above
 Odin.Gorby
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: gorby
Posts: 39
By Odin.Gorby 2010-03-11 23:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I just tried that site (promathia.runtimerepairs.com) and it's a blank page :-(
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Offline
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: aerokii
Posts: 110
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2010-03-11 23:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
According to information obtained from vanafest 2010, the june update includes a note about abolishing level caps in Promathia areas. I figured this information was pertinent.
 Sylph.Sindri
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
Posts: 1303
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-11 23:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Gilgamesh.Aerokii said:
According to information obtained from vanafest 2010, the june update includes a note about abolishing level caps in Promathia areas. I figured this information was pertinent.

Not really, all but Professor M fight are capped BCNMs in technically uncapped areas (Monarch Linn is uncapped for Ouryu even though the mission and area outside are both capped) so most of the fights will remain adamant in difficulty.

Also, @Calmdoggy No job except SMN is easy to get to 75, and no EG spells come from sea, just all the important ones for non EG. And I doubt your participating in endgame if your not 75. In EG youll almost always use SA Cannonball.

Priority is in every single scenario, no exceptions

1st 75 > Sky > Sea
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Offline
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: aerokii
Posts: 110
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2010-03-11 23:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Sindri said:
Gilgamesh.Aerokii said:
According to information obtained from vanafest 2010, the june update includes a note about abolishing level caps in Promathia areas. I figured this information was pertinent.

Not really, all but Professor M fight are capped BCNMs in technically uncapped areas (Monarch Linn is uncapped for Ouryu even though the mission and area outside are both capped) so most of the fights will remain adamant in difficulty.

Also, @Calmdoggy No job except SMN is easy to get to 75, and no EG spells come from sea, just all the important ones for non EG. And I doubt your participating in endgame if your not 75. In EG youll almost always use SA Cannonball.

Priority is in every single scenario, no exceptions

1st 75 > Sky > Sea

Very true, on all counts there. I was just being hopeful it would make things easier, but then again like everything else at vanafest, it was so nonspecific that I still don't know what exactly it means.

Aside from the fact I'll finally get the first promyvions done in reasonable time from now on, heh.
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Calmdoggy
Posts: 41
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-03-12 00:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Sindri said:

Also, @Calmdoggy No job except SMN is easy to get to 75, and no EG spells come from sea, just all the important ones for non EG. And I doubt your participating in endgame if your not 75. In EG youll almost always use SA Cannonball.

Priority is in every single scenario, no exceptions

1st 75 > Sky > Sea

Guys i'm 73 now, in a week or less doing campaign/beseiged i'll be 75, I know what I'm doing, it's very easy to get to 75 considering i'm pretty much 74 now. Also sky I can get no problem cause it can be lowmanned, so I'm not worried about sky, sea on the other hand no one wants to do the missions and I want the spells/armor/etc. So that will be my priority, I appreciate your input on my blu but this was a forum topic to get CoP's done in alexander.
[+]
 Sylph.Sindri
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
Posts: 1303
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-12 00:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Alexander.Calmdoggy said:
Sylph.Sindri said:
Also, @Calmdoggy No job except SMN is easy to get to 75, and no EG spells come from sea, just all the important ones for non EG. And I doubt your participating in endgame if your not 75. In EG youll almost always use SA Cannonball. Priority is in every single scenario, no exceptions 1st 75 > Sky > Sea
Guys i'm 73 now, in a week or less doing campaign/beseiged i'll be 75, I know what I'm doing, it's very easy to get to 75 considering i'm pretty much 74 now. Also sky I can get no problem cause it can be lowmanned, so I'm not worried about sky, sea on the other hand no one wants to do the missions and I want the spells/armor/etc. So that will be my priority, I appreciate your input on my blu but this was a forum topic to get CoP's done in alexander.

@ Aerokii Yeah, it's worth it to level SMN for that by the way but if you don't want to it should be cake, the walk there is the hard part.

@the Quote:

I wasn't making a statement about your BLU I was referring to the top person, and I believe your first post was after I posted that, so Im not sure why you made it about you.

Im not interested in giving input on a BLU first 75, it was the worst mistake I made because you need sea as soon as your in the 70's, but it doesn't change the fact that priority for everything is

1st 75 > Sky > Sea

There are no exceptions. It doesnt matter that sky is easy to get, if you dont put in the time to get it then you still don't have it. Sea takes a lot of time, work, pain, stress and idiots that think they know better than what's actually happening. People don't want to do it because they are done and there is no reason to. If your not 75 yet focus on that. Most of the missions to get Sea are capped but Tenzen you'll need excellent merits depending on your setup (Which given the caliber of people that still need sea probably won't be foolproof) which means you should start working on that ASAP. Also if you plan to get the undisputably best ring for physical Blue Magic you'll need to be 75 with decent gear, experience and of course merits.

Don't argue that I'm seeking you out because I wasn't even speaking to you originally, I'm not saying your not a good BLU (I dont know) but you shouldnt be wasting time on things you can't finish when things you need + can finish are waiting.
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Calmdoggy
Posts: 41
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-03-12 01:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph I can see where your comming from, but I have 2 friends that are 75, very good players and they said they would take me through all of zilart to get sky whenever I want, so that's why it's not a priority for me, cause once I hit 75 I'll have sky whenever I say I want it. Sea on the other hand I'm not putting everything on the back burner just to try to get it, I'm going to do nyzul, find a sky ls that has a time I can work with, and I'm already doing dyna, but I'd really just like to get sea access. So I can appreciate where your comming from but don't worry I'll get sky once I hit 75, I just wanna find people needing to do CoP missions to get them done.
 Sylph.Sindri
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
Posts: 1303
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-12 01:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Alexander.Calmdoggy said:
Sylph I can see where your comming from, but I have 2 friends that are 75, very good players and they said they would take me through all of zilart to get sky whenever I want, so that's why it's not a priority for me, cause once I hit 75 I'll have sky whenever I say I want it. Sea on the other hand I'm not putting everything on the back burner just to try to get it, I'm going to do nyzul, find a sky ls that has a time I can work with, and I'm already doing dyna, but I'd really just like to get sea access. So I can appreciate where your comming from but don't worry I'll get sky once I hit 75, I just wanna find people needing to do CoP missions to get them done.

My name is Sindri, KK GL Im going to bed
 Alexander.Calmdoggy
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Calmdoggy
Posts: 41
By Alexander.Calmdoggy 2010-03-12 01:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
lol sorry, half asleep myself.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Offline
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: nepharite
Posts: 605
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-03-12 21:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
Im not interested in giving input on a BLU first 75, it was the worst mistake I made because you need sea as soon as your in the 70's, but it doesn't change the fact that priority for everything is

1st 75 > Sky > Sea

There are no exceptions. It doesnt matter that sky is easy to get, if you dont put in the time to get it then you still don't have it. Sea takes a lot of time, work, pain, stress and idiots that think they know better than what's actually happening. People don't want to do it because they are done and there is no reason to. If your not 75 yet focus on that. Most of the missions to get Sea are capped but Tenzen you'll need excellent merits depending on your setup (Which given the caliber of people that still need sea probably won't be foolproof) which means you should start working on that ASAP. Also if you plan to get the undisputably best ring for physical Blue Magic you'll need to be 75 with decent gear, experience and of course merits.

Don't argue that I'm seeking you out because I wasn't even speaking to you originally, I'm not saying your not a good BLU (I dont know) but you shouldnt be wasting time on things you can't finish when things you need can finish are waiting.


75 > sky > sea?

Yeah maybe for most jobs, but BLU doesn't really get much from sky.

Sea? its probably a BLUs best place to get stuff. You don't really need to beat CoP, you just need to get sea access, which a lv60 can get easily.

I'd say unlock what areas you can benefit most from first.
Log in to post.