Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis and Payouts
Dynamis and Payouts
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-09 14:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's helped me out in setting up my Dynamis LS, giving me advice through PM's, in game and on the forums!

I have another question though, some members of my LS are asking what I intend on doing with the money and are saying I should really hand it out in payouts, which I agree with 100%. I would love to give my members some money each month.

My problem is, I'm aiming for our LS to be able to provide 99.9% of the meds needed when we have a suitable LS bank. I'm running some numbers with 24 members. (To cover a 2~3 tanks/assists, a healer for each PT and 2 for the tank PT, a BLM PT, 2 DD PT's and a couple of support jobs like BRD/COR). This, as I'm sure you know, will leave quite a big hole in the LS bank after 2~3 runs assuming I try to keep 4M in at all times.

Most LS's I hear of seem to lot the 100's that drop as well as the singles, and use them to pay the members. Which, while fine with me, would probably cause even more cries of "The LS is getting everything and all I get is this stupid AF". I understand that I have to find the right balance between keeping people pleased and keeping the LS running, so I have to ask..

How do other LS Leaders handle payouts?
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2010-01-09 14:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree you can sell currency to start a "LS Bank" which can be used for buying a glass, meds for people and payouts.

As for how to handle the payouts just explain to your members that you will give them a certain % and the rest will goto funding the linkshells runs and providing items.

You can have payouts like every 2 weeks or so(I haven't had payouts myself but I'm just going from what I've heard friends say they get.)

Which I think is a fair amount of time that allows you to sell currency and wootz ore etc.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents, I hope it helped. :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tennkai
Server: Cerberus
user: Tennkai
By Cerberus.Tennkai 2010-01-09 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in the ls I'm in we do several events amounting in points.

With the currency from dynamis and the "money items" from other events,
depending on how much you show up to events depends on how much money u
get at the end of the month, our leader has the rule that you have to
show up for at least 50% of the events to get money.

The more you show up, the more money you get at the end of the month.
Hope this helps you out some.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-09 14:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody crying foul just because you gather up all the currency and split later is wasted on you provided you're maintaining open records of profits from each run. Have the system clearly outlined (one of the biggest reasons to have a website for your shell), don't deviate from that system, and there should be no problems aside from the occasional troublemaker that should be easy enough to handle.

Gather all the currency on your own person, a sack, or a currency mule. Sell it after the run, split it among members every so often (2 weeks or monthly is common) once all costs have been accounted for.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-09 15:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We do have a website, though it isn't anything special at the moment (The home page only has a list of Officers at the minute).

And in terms of having Profit records, I've just finished adding the Income/Expenditure/Statement to our Dynamis records.
 Hades.Dierdren
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2010-01-09 15:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As a Dynamis Leader my Linkshell does payouts, what Happens is this: once your Bank reaches 5M it should stay there.

We as sacks lot all currency and wootz ores and sell them for the linkshell. Once you sell all your currency and wootz ores you should start by month and basically collect all the gil you have for the month and get a grand total.

Say all January you collect 15M for your linkshell, all you have to do is take that 15M and minus 5M from that for hourglass costs which would put you at 10M to be distributed throught your linkshell.

The most fair way to do this is to take attendance every run and make a spreadsheet by name and how many runs a member does do this for every member then add up all the runs that your members have went to for a total point number for the month.

Once you figured that out you would divide that number by 10M to figure out the point worth. Then its all about multiplying that number by the members points to figure how much they get for the month.

If your linkshell fights a decent amount of mobs and clears runs you should be able to distribute the minimum of 10M every month but in good currency months you should be able to distribute alot more. A few months back I was almost able to give out 1M to each member who had perfect attendance. Its really a good insentive to keep people comming to dynamis and have fun getting gear at the same time.

I hope that I've helped you with your Linkshell and have a wonderful day.
[+]
 Hades.Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2010-01-09 15:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also sorry about the double post but also if you pay your members each month that should give them enough gil to purchace their own meds and consumables they would need during the runs. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-09 15:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dierdren said:
Also sorry about the double post but also if you pay your members each month that should give them enough gil to purchace their own meds and consumables they would need during the runs. :)
This. Less hassle this way, give them the money and require them to buy the meds themselves. I also agree with splitting according to attendance.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-09 16:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dierdren said:
As a Dynamis Leader my Linkshell does payouts, what Happens is this: once your Bank reaches 5M it should stay there. We as sacks lot all currency and wootz ores and sell them for the linkshell. Once you sell all your currency and wootz ores you should start by month and basically collect all the gil you have for the month and get a grand total. Say all January you collect 15M for your linkshell, all you have to do is take that 15M and minus 5M from that for hourglass costs which would put you at 10M to be distributed throught your linkshell. The most fair way to do this is to take attendance every run and make a spreadsheet by name and how many runs a member does do this for every member then add up all the runs that your members have went to for a total point number for the month. Once you figured that out you would divide that number by 10M to figure out the point worth. Then its all about multiplying that number by the members points to figure how much they get for the month. If your linkshell fights a decent amount of mobs and clears runs you should be able to distribute the minimum of 10M every month but in good currency months you should be able to distribute alot more. A few months back I was almost able to give out 1M to each member who had perfect attendance. Its really a good insentive to keep people comming to dynamis and have fun getting gear at the same time. I hope that I've helped you with your Linkshell and have a wonderful day.

I really do like this..Only 1 drawback, ( and You're thinking, what could it be?).. All ppl don't always follow this method, well most do, but then some sly folks get greedy and split with the gil.

I remember Liquid Gotti in our Caitsith Shell, we made lots for them, never to be heard. That why I have frown'd from going to dyna for a while..was starting to enjoy it, then it sour'd me. That's too bad Dierdren, a shell like yours or your Dyna SHell wasn't on Caitsith. Id be going once a week.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-09 16:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In my shell, we split the singles coins at the end of every run, evenly amongst everyone who wasn't late and stayed until the end. The odd spares from these splits are sold along with 100s to make a mini-bank of sorts, that funds future runs. This cuts out the mess of having a fully fledged bank, fiddling with large amounts of currency and people walking away from a run empty handed and feeling downcast. Not only does it make runs free, it actually results in people being paid every run for coming.

We have been doing it this way for about 18 months and nobody's paid for a run since we began. The 100s and leftovers more or less have covered our base, with the occasional windfall (dreamland bosses) giving us a little breathing space. This would benefit your shell even more so as I'm assuming, being new, you won't be trying dreamlands for a bit. Currency drop rates in city are superior and there's the chance of 100s on every pull; quite different to dreamlands (which is all we do now.)

Either way, from my experiences, banks ask for trouble. Trouble that I can't be bothered with. Even with clear, precise, concrete records for my shell's transactions, people from another shell we sort of merged with still accused me and my leadership of corruption. You might not have that problem since the majority of them were jerks, but it's always a possibility providing you have a bank.

The best advice I can give you is to avoid a bank altogether if you can. They're just more hassle than they're worth.
[+]
 Hades.Peitha
user: Peitha
By Hades.Peitha 2010-01-09 16:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Hades.Dierdren said:
As a Dynamis Leader my Linkshell does payouts, what Happens is this: once your Bank reaches 5M it should stay there. We as sacks lot all currency and wootz ores and sell them for the linkshell. Once you sell all your currency and wootz ores you should start by month and basically collect all the gil you have for the month and get a grand total. Say all January you collect 15M for your linkshell, all you have to do is take that 15M and minus 5M from that for hourglass costs which would put you at 10M to be distributed throught your linkshell. The most fair way to do this is to take attendance every run and make a spreadsheet by name and how many runs a member does do this for every member then add up all the runs that your members have went to for a total point number for the month. Once you figured that out you would divide that number by 10M to figure out the point worth. Then its all about multiplying that number by the members points to figure how much they get for the month. If your linkshell fights a decent amount of mobs and clears runs you should be able to distribute the minimum of 10M every month but in good currency months you should be able to distribute alot more. A few months back I was almost able to give out 1M to each member who had perfect attendance. Its really a good insentive to keep people comming to dynamis and have fun getting gear at the same time. I hope that I've helped you with your Linkshell and have a wonderful day.

I really do like this..Only 1 drawback, ( and You're thinking, what could it be?).. All ppl don't always follow this method, well most do, but then some sly folks get greedy and split with the gil.

I remember Liquid Gotti in our Caitsith Shell, we made lots for them, never to be heard. That why I have frown'd from going to dyna for a while..was starting to enjoy it, then it sour'd me. That's too bad Dierdren, a shell like yours or your Dyna SHell wasn't on Caitsith. Id be going once a week.

LMAO "Liquid Gotti" hey what was your name on this server, I was in that shell wen it was 1st made till the last day it ended ; ;
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-01-09 18:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was nvr on Hades, wow Liquid Gotti really makes the rounds.

Did the owners screw you guys over too?
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-09 23:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the ideas guys!

I looked over your Dyna LS's system Woo, I just wasn't sure how you handled 100s that dropped. What would you do in the event that a 100 didn't drop? Our Sandy run (Friday) dropped 1 100, but that was lotted by others alongside AF. We sold all the singles that dropped to a LS member that's going for Amano also for cheaper.

With your system, who supplies RR/Poison Pots (Or those Elshimo Fruit thingies)/Echo's/etc for runs?
 Hades.Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2010-01-10 05:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We the Leadership lots ALL the currency period. In the event of a 100 not dropping it wouldn't matter cause all the currency is lotted and sold FOR the Linkshell Bank.

Also if you have members goign for relic you could also sell the currency to your members at a discounted price. Just don't let them buy all the currency and sell it for higher price. If your member decideds not to upgrade he/she should sell it back to the LS and the LS sells to the general public at the regular price.

Another thing to make sure that you are covering your bases with your LS you could start a LS Bank Ledger so that your linkshell members can see exactly how much gil the LS bank has in it and where the money goes to, to buy glasses. I'll post mine for example for tonights run:

Bank Start: 11,839,725
Sandy Total: 5,106,000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bank End: 16,945,725
Glass() -500,000 (insert your glass buyer in the ())
Total Bank: 16,445,725
Payout's Paid: 0
Bank Total: 16,445,725
AH Fees:(wootz): 0
Before Wootz Total:16,445,725
Wootz: 0
Bank Total: 16,445,725

Run History:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday ~ January 9, 2010 Dynamis - Jeuno
39 Bynes sold to (name) for 6k Each.Total: 234,000
149 shells Sold to (name) for 12k Each.Total:1,788,000
257 O's Sold to (name) for 12k Each.Total: 3,084,000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Total: 5,106,000

This also saves your butt from any LS member or former LS members from saying anything about the bank also its nice to see how much you have in black and white :)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-10 10:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished making an initial LS ledger on Friday, but thanks for the suggestion^^

I'm hoping that using the ledger, people will be happy to see what the LS does with the money.
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-30 08:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

My shell pays out, we sat down and thought long and hard on how to do it and what we came up with is this:

1) Currency is collected
2) the cost of the run is deducted from the total earned
3) the profit is split 50/50 (50% goes to the bank to build it, 50% is paid out)
4) members who maintain a 75% attendance rate are paid out a sum that is in accordance with their rank in the shell.

I'll give you an example.

21 people attend dynamis-bastok. We bring in 139 bynes and 6 wootz. At a going rate of 6000 per bill thats 834,000 + 600k from the wootz. So 1,434,00 gil. take out the event cost (500k) and youre left with 934k. The bank takes half, 467,000. the remaining 467,000 is divided up amongst the people with 75%+ attendance.

Now that doesnt seem like much, but you put 2 dynamis runs per week, with some 100's dropping and people start getting dome pretty hefty payouts. Looking at January's numbers, we're looking to payout just over 5M, with 1 more dynamis run coming up before the end of the month. It would be even more, but we did 2 Xarcs and didnt get squat for money drops (as usual). I think in the last 3 months we've paid out to members, roughly 21M.

I also suggest trying to capture some people in the shell that are capable of crafting alot of those meds / reraisers / foods etc to help save on the costs.

I built a pretty hefty database for my LS to maintain all this information. I'm a database developer so it was only fitting lol. All i have to do is make a new event, plug in the people that attended, and what dropped, it calculates the rest for me.