Does TH Work On Ra/ex Drops??

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does TH work on ra/ex drops??
Does TH work on ra/ex drops??
First Page 2 3
 Hades.Alexxe
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: kimj24
By Hades.Alexxe 2010-01-06 06:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Please help.

Someone in my linkshell just asked for help with coffer key hunting from a lvl 70+ thf.

A 75 THF then said that TH does not affect coffer key drops, as it does not affect ra/ex drops.

I have searched wiki, and cannot see anywhere where it says this.

When i told this to said THF, he replied with "are you a THF. all GOOD THF's know this"

Please help.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-06 06:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard that TH1 never worked on R/E drops, but I heard TH2 did help.

I can't say anything for sure while I haven't tested it/read testing/blah blah.

But honestly, the only people that would know for sure are SE and we all know that TH is there little baby and they're not going to give out it's secrets anytime soon >_>
[+]
 Asura.Envious
Server: Asura
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-06 06:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes your friend is a retard.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-01-06 06:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well..everybody and their mom brings T4 along to dynamis in hopes AF drop and those are rare/ex and ofcourse everybody goes /thf or thf when camping NMs like LL and VE and those are rare/ex.

If it dont work then its a fail placebo.

you sure the guy wasnt joking "harhar th doesnt work"?
[+]
 Hades.Alexxe
Server: Hades
user: kimj24
By Hades.Alexxe 2010-01-06 06:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys, i thought TH worked on ra/ex, just some people wont be told.

And no, i think from the debate that happened he was deadly serious lol
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-01-06 06:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is one of those hard things to understand, and there's not enough solid testing and proof to support many theories.

I believe that TH1 will only effect normal item drops, where as TH2, 3 and 4 will effect R/E items. Again, there's no real way to actually prove TH is indeed helping the item's drop rate by 'rolling' it the corresponding times of the tier of the TH, or if you're just getting lucky.

Either way, why else would SE have come out with it if it didn't help anything? ... oh wait...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Knightofdragons
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Knightofdragons 2010-01-06 06:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As stated above there is no solid proof on TH, and how it works, Personily i don't think TH effect coffer keys, but i'm certian h/e it work it does effect Rare/Ex Items
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 06:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is a myth
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-06 06:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have this unshakable feeling that TH doesn't work on any of the new NMs added last update. People with TH3-4 going 0/X on stuff they really shouldn't be.

I don't think it works on Nyzul bosses, either. Sorry, but I've seen no better results on boss floors with a THF, nothing drops just as often.

But other than that, it definitely works on Rare/Ex items. You can easily tell the difference between TH3 Dynamis and TH4 Dynamis.
[+]
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-06 06:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This question tends to start a ***storm when ever it's asked.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 06:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually the New Nms just have really really really really really really really really really really really shitty droprates. I went 1/33 and 1/12 on the 8agi earring sets. Th3 the whole time. And of course the 1/33 was the lotto spawn one and the 1/12 was teh straight time one lol. Litterally 5 days camping 1 NM killing PHs around the clock with only small naps between kills
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 06:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would it be different for r/ex anyway? lol

The way i see it, the only items TH doesn't affect are the 100% to drop items like ochimusha'kote and sarutobi kyahan. Otherwise each th gives a boost on item dropped. th1 +50%, th2 +50%, th3 +1%, th4 +1%. An item with 1% of chance to drop would have 4% with a th4 thf.

Yeah, there is no way to prove one or another. But i think it's not reasonable at all to say th (1,2,3 or 4) won't affect r/ex.

Now coffers are a complete different thing and it has nothing to do with r/ex item drop. TH works like a debuff and activates when the thf act in any way on a monster ( and SE said so in an interview). Think like this: a rdm wont be able to plant paralyze in a chest, so a thf wont be able to plant th in it either. But since th is a debuff who is to say that there aren't monsters, notorious or not, that are immune to it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 07:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They said nothing about it being like a debuff...
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-06 07:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually the New Nms just have really really really really really really really really really really really shitty droprates. I went 1/33 and 1/12 on the 8agi earring sets. Th3 the whole time. And of course the 1/33 was the lotto spawn one and the 1/12 was teh straight time one lol. Litterally 5 days camping 1 NM killing PHs around the clock with only small naps between kills

Sure they're bad drop rates, but they're no worse than stuff that's already in the game. Leaping Boots and Lava's Ring are both recorded to have approximately a 7.5% drop rate, yet Lava's Ring seems much more challenging for a THF to get (I have a THF friend who was 1/54)
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-01-06 07:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Azulmagia said:
I have this unshakable feeling that TH doesn't work on any of the new NMs added last update. People with TH3-4 going 0/X on stuff they really shouldn't be. I don't think it works on Nyzul bosses, either. Sorry, but I've seen no better results on boss floors with a THF, nothing drops just as often. But other than that, it definitely works on Rare/Ex items. You can easily tell the difference between TH3 Dynamis and TH4 Dynamis.

Agree about Nyzul. I had a team for a long time and never noticed a huge difference when be did have a thief fill in. Usually we did not have one.

The thing about the new NMs seems to be true. I'm sure it isn't, but god almighty it does seem to be. The only NM I've gotten a drop off with TH4 is the Virtuouso belt NM (2 tries TH4 for friend, 2 tries TH3 for self). I think the drops rates are just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE low. All combined the new NMs with TH4 I am probably 3/50. Then I'm like 2/5 without TH. Go figure.

As for keys I can't say. I've always heard Th1 doesn't effect r/ex things. I can't say. Whenever I need keys I usually go on a job that can kill the mobs faster to kill more. Sometimes I get it first mob and sometimes it can take 90mins.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-06 07:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaping boots can be bought though and don't need a set to be complete. Lava's falls under new.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 07:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
ok you got me, SE never said on those words.

In 2007 interview, they did say :
Quote:
Q: Do multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a single party increase the chances of a drop? When exactly does the effect of Treasure Hunter take place?
A: When more than one member has Treasure Hunter, the player with the strongest version will have theirs take effect for the party. The effect comes into play as soon as the Thief generates enmity from the target enemy. Even if the Thief dies, the effect remains.

The thf community on allakhazam pretty much think of it as a debuff. It's been so long that i actually thought SE said it. But anyway, it works like a debuff cause the effect remains even if the thf dies (like a debuff would). But a chest is not a monster, and since you can't battle it, you can't plant th on it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-01-06 08:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
ok you got me, SE never said on those words. In 2007 interview, they did say :
Quote:
Q: Do multiple instances of Treasure Hunter in a single party increase the chances of a drop? When exactly does the effect of Treasure Hunter take place? A: When more than one member has Treasure Hunter, the player with the strongest version will have theirs take effect for the party. The effect comes into play as soon as the Thief generates enmity from the target enemy. Even if the Thief dies, the effect remains.
The thf community on allakhazam pretty much think of it as a debuff. It's been so long that i actually thought SE said it. But anyway, it works like a debuff cause the effect remains even if the thf dies (like a debuff would). But a chest is not a monster, and since you can't battle it, you can't plant th on it.
but who the hell's talking about a coffer?? the OP said that someone asked for a thf's help to farm KEYS that drop from monsters.

i've also always heard TH didnt affect key drops but not sure if its true or not.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 08:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i can think of a couple drops it doesn't work for
By Antonaki 2010-01-06 08:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

i went 1/40+ with TH4 on Goblintrap, 1/2 with TH4 on Goaftrap, helping a friend nd they are currently 0/90+, 60 ish of which is with TH4. the new NMs dont seem to be affected at all by TH, keys however i get a damn sight more keys drop as THF than i do as anything else.
 Fairy.Usua
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-06 08:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao I'd be willing to bet that SE would gimp TH for keys since thf can pick coffers, just to mess with players.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2010-01-06 09:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
but who the hell's talking about a coffer?? the OP said that someone asked for a thf's help to farm KEYS that drop from monsters.

i've also always heard TH didnt affect key drops but not sure if its true or not.

i missed the key part. Ty for pointing that out so mindfully.

But yeah thf is win for key hunt. At the very least you can pick a coffer which pops a mimic, defeat it and that's a 100% key drop right there, vanishing all need to stay on that dungeon for 3h.
 Midgardsormr.Raistlin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Wildman33
By Midgardsormr.Raistlin 2010-01-07 23:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Luck or not I've used my TH4 on Argus for me and a friend and in 3 days I got 2 Peacock Amulets so I'm 2/3 on him. It can't hurt to bring TH where ever you go.
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-01-08 00:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing TH doesn't work on are the this-or-that drops. Thinks like impact knuckles vs. o.kotes. In those instances TH does nothing (according to the community at large) for everything else I imagine it does exactly what it says: "Increases the chance for treasure."
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-01-08 00:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Only thing TH doesn't work on are the this-or-that drops. Thinks like impact knuckles vs. o.kotes. In those instances TH does nothing (according to the community at large) for everything else I imagine it does exactly what it says: "Increases the chance for treasure."

this
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 01:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lazuras said:
Doesn't work on 100% drops, either.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2010-01-08 01:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The only place where i think it was confirmed to don't work is on items that come from treasure chest, on bcnms or stuff like that.
On the rest of things in my opinion it does work in they way that its suposed to work (give your more hidden chances of drop, like if you kill the mob more than once), for example, you kill a enemy, and it has a % chance of drop, with TH this % woud be calculated 2 times before decide if it drops or not, with TH2 would be calculated 3 times.
For me it works on nyzul isle and other stuff too, but of course, isn't the same if you have TH4 on a 30% drop like some sky gods for example, than if you have TH4 in nyzul isle with a 1%(unconfirmed, just as example) drop, the TH4 is in both paces working, but of course isn't the same effect, so you would notice it to be better on higher %, and you won't notice it much on lower %. I'm not a math's expert but someone could tell you how much improves your chances on a 30% drop and how much it does in a 1%, the difference is a lot.
And said that, on items that drop one or other, i can say that it doesnt work either, since on the first round of calculations your drop will be decided, so makes sense to say that TH doesnt work here either.

But well, thats one of the theories, there is a lot of legends about TH, all of em are unconfirmed, i believe that one, believe the one you like more, at the end all is based on your own luck ;p
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-08 01:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Doesn't work on 100% drops, either.

there's no 100% drops GM said so!!!!

99.9% onry
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-08 01:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That GM was full of ***. Most of them are idiots. 90% of them have never played ffxi before becoming a GM and know ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-08 01:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
That GM was full of ***. Most of them are idiots. 90% of them have never played ffxi before becoming a GM and know ***.

Pretty much. There are some cool ones you get here and there that seem to actually care/know a thing or two, but the majority are just... ugh. I wouldn't mind getting paid to be ignorant/do nothing.
First Page 2 3