New Scam Warning!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Scam Warning!
New Scam Warning!
 Garuda.Mameshiba
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-08 20:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

*edit*
NVM! Too much derail~
Time for nintendo DS.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-01-08 21:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
I'm still waiting for my Ferrari.

Dude it's en route as we speak. But we still need a few more grand up front for the tolls. Western Union only! Don't worry the cash will be in the glove compartment.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-01-08 23:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-01-08 23:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

GM's honor in game agreements between players. This issue came up a while ago. If you CLEARLY state the "contract" between players before hand a GM will honor it if another player reneges on a deal. Such as BCNM's where you can say "Your orb, your drop" or "free lot." If it's clearly spoken in game chat the GM's will back you up.
~Tora
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-01-09 00:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Because in my opinion, gear SHOULD reflect the fact that you worked hard for it. It SHOULD reflect some sort of knowledge of the mob that was slain to get it. It SHOULD reflect that you know how to be a team player. It SHOULD reflect the effort put into your character and your linkshell in order to obtain said item.

In my opinion, people who have never stepped foot in Limbus shouldn't have Homam gear.

In my opinion, people who have never built a car shouldn't own one.
In my opinion, people who have never built a house shouldn't own one.
In my opinion, people who have never worked at McDonald's cooking burgers and fries shouldn't be able to order from there.

Anyways, point is, just because you don't do the direct work to make these things it doesn't mean you don't deserve to have them. If you have a job and use the money you earn at that job to purchase these things then yes, you deserve them. Same thing in the game. If someone spends all their time every day farming 5MIL then that person DESERVES whatever items they choose to buy with said gil.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2010-01-09 00:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Because in my opinion, gear SHOULD reflect the fact that you worked hard for it. It SHOULD reflect some sort of knowledge of the mob that was slain to get it. It SHOULD reflect that you know how to be a team player. It SHOULD reflect the effort put into your character and your linkshell in order to obtain said item.

In my opinion, people who have never stepped foot in Limbus shouldn't have Homam gear.

And what if you have the knowledge of the monster but just never received the corresponding drop because your LS broke or w/e other reason ? I bought Oracle's Hands cause I didn't want to join a ZNMls and farm zeni again just for a single *** drop since I do not need anything else from there. Yet I have killed AG tons of time helping friends with their pop or just when I was doing some ZNM with my former LS.

So what ? I paid something like 300K if I recall, while I had over 10 millions on me. Why should I care ? I can almost get my 300K back by doing a single Apollyon run.

Buying an item doesn't mean that you never done the event. I had salvage customers who were themselves doing salvage with their own group, but were just too impatient to get items, so they bought drops from my group. I don't see any issue with that.

Bojack statement is completely right.
[+]
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-09 01:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Antipika said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

And what if you have the knowledge of the monster but just never received the corresponding drop because your LS broke or w/e other reason ? I bought Oracle's Hand cause I didn't want to join a ZNMls and farm zeni again just for a single *** drop since I do not need anything else from there. Yet I have killed AA tons of time helping friends with their pop or just when I was doing some ZNM with my former LS.

So what ?

Buying an item doesn't mean that you never done the event. I had salvage customers who were themselves doing salvage with their own group, but were just too impatient to get items, so they bought drops from my group. I don't see any issue with that.

Bojack statement is completely right.

I think my issue with Homam reflects exactly how I relate to Bojack and Antipika.
I'm in a Limbus group now, but was thinking on buying homam couple months ago. I've been to various limbus ls's and worked on my drop but couldn't receive out of luck (apparently I'm still not eligible enough according to someone here, even if I was there for all the events ... I must fail as a player and as a ls member or something).

Things changed now, I have more time to play thus I'll once again work on my homam.
But back then, I would honestly like to believe that under the circumstances mentioned above... if I had the necessary gil but never had enough playtime to join (once again) another Limbus ls, I should've bought homam.

I'm really trying to view the other side of the coin, really. But I can't seem to picture why it's such a bad thing to(as said above) under those circumstances to go ahead and buy the gear.

I'd like to say this once more... I don't think ppl should put their noses in other people concerns. Being concerned for your group or ls is something completely understandable. Being concerned because a guy you've never ever seen before shouted "Buying Byakko's Haidate 4mil" sounds so very childish...
Before you criticize the player, at least take a look at his background. Not everyone is buying gears because they are lazy or because they aren't willing to put effort on said gear. Unless... you guys are trying to say that me, Antipika and Bojack are lazy and weak players who lack devotion and team work... which I'd honestly need to deny.

Is that statement so completely wrong that I need to play a offline RPG or stick to my Nintendo DS?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2010-01-09 02:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:

i saw this same person spamming all the zones in jeuno a few hours ago myself. i thought they were back to just farming and selling sky stuff cause i haven't been up there in over a year. good to know. i have a few friends who do sky so i'm glad these people aren't up there making life miserable again.
 Hades.Ica
Server: Hades
user: Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-01-09 09:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

In my opinion, people who have never built a car shouldn't own one.
In my opinion, people who have never built a house shouldn't own one.
In my opinion, people who have never worked at McDonald's cooking burgers and fries shouldn't be able to order from there.

People shouldn't buy that Peacock charm off the AH, they should do the BCNM until it drops on their orb.

People shouldn't buy that Sha'ir manteel off the AH, they should get 17 of their friends to do Bahamut fight until cashmere drops, then level Goldsmithing to 100 and craft it their damn self.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-09 10:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Ica said:
People shouldn't buy that Peacock charm off the AH, they should do the BCNM until it drops on their orb.

People shouldn't buy that Sha'ir manteel off the AH, they should get 17 of their friends to do Bahamut fight until cashmere drops, then level Goldsmithing to 100 and craft it their damn self.

We're talking about rare/ex drops. Try again, buddy.

You guys do whatever you want with your money.

But for people who "don't have time to do endgame to earn the gear," I wonder what buying it is going to do, other than increase their ego. If you don't have time for endgame, where are you going to put that equipment to use? Campaign? You're willing to spend millions on gear so you can look sexy in a campaign battle?
 Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-09 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well...
Back then I couldn't do limbus but I could Nyzul, Assault and merits. Limbus being twice a week exactly on the days I had double shift at work, means I just couldn't do it.

That's not reason enough?

Also why should we care about that? Why do people buy Ferraris? Isn't any car going be as useful for you with that reasoning?

People buy Ferraris because they want, simply because of that.
 Hades.Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-01-09 10:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Hades.Ica said:

We're talking about rare/ex drops. Try again, buddy.

You guys do whatever you want with your money.

But for people who "don't have time to do endgame to earn the gear," I wonder what buying it is going to do, other than increase their ego. If you don't have time for endgame, where are you going to put that equipment to use? Campaign? You're willing to spend millions on gear so you can look sexy in a campaign battle?

What's the difference between rare/ex gear and gear I can buy off the AH? It's still *** gear. If I buy a Peacock charm instead of doing the BCNM or camping Argus for the rare/ex equivalent, am I a noob? Ahmahgawd, I didn't kill Argus for the drop, therefore I don't know how to use this neck piece I have? Please.

If I need, say, Nashira Legs to complete my set, and my Limbus shell falls apart or some ***, am I going to join some other random LS and get put at the end of the list for them? No, I'm going to buy them if I have the gil. By your logic that's okay right? I've done Limbus!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-09 10:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
"Make the gil when he can"? That's major bull, you don't just make the kind of gil needed to buy endgame gear "when you can".

Yes you do?

What does this have to do with anything? So what, because somebody chooses to buy gear rather than commit a load of time into an endgame shell, we instantly assume they're an RMT? I wouldn't assume somebody was a bank robber just because they bought a new Ferrari. Well, to be honest, I wouldn't assume anything. I don't care, neither is it my place to judge how somebody goes about getting their money, or in this case, gil.

Putting that example in direct context, it doesn't work even then. People work up the money to buy items all the time, specifically just to buy that item. Most of the people I know who are now looking to gear their jobs up, who don't really want to join an endgame shell, choose a piece of gear, get a quote, then make that amount of gil. Heck, I've just made 4m to buy a Love Torque from a friend. Does that make me RMT? Does that make my source of gil earning illegitimate?

I know I spent a lot less time in Kuftal farming Angel Skins than I would have done working my way through his shell's points list (that's not the relevant point though, I simply don't run with them because nothing is worth staying up to 4am for me to earn points for.) I made the choice to farm 4m, knowing full well I could do so in less time than working in a sea shell and climbing priority lists. Guess what? It's my decision to make, it's nobody else's business, so really, why are so many people saying it's bad to buy items? Because you put time in and they're not?

It's a trivial, petty argument. It really is. Mind your own business and concern yourself a little more with what you're doing, not everyone else. The game would be a much better place if everyone did this.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:

Whilst I agree to a point that someone should at least explore an event before they decide they'll avoid it and buy from it instead, it's not simply as black a white an argument as that. There could be a whole manner of reasons somebody wouldn't do limbus but would want homam gear. Thinking of Garuda and Mameshiba's position, there's really no options for endgame shells. Literally, there is no shell on Garuda that does everything. You have to crossmatch different shells for different events, which might conflict timewise, etc. We have to give Mameshiba some credit, Garuda endgame is horrific right now, so I completely empaphise with her.

If the one or two limbus shells in her timezone run when she's at work, what can she do about it? Quit her job so she can get homam? Nothing but buy it from another shell. It's really that simple for this server. People don't have the luxury of choosing from shell A or shell X. And I know Mame, and she's not the sort of person who's going to transfer to another server and leave her friends for gear.

Besides, I know her, she's one of the better players skill wise I know. She's probably more suited to using Homam than people who've done Limbus 500 times. Where do we draw the line in this argument? Now we're really starting to judge somebody's "right" to an item by how they play, how they do things, what they do, etc.

Where do we draw the line with people getting drops and the manner they do it? Let's try at the start. Let's mind our own damn business.
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
But for people who "don't have time to do endgame to earn the gear," I wonder what buying it is going to do, other than increase their ego

I can honestly say most of the time I've spoken to somebody about gear, only the people in endgame shells give a damn about how other player's perceive them. So infact people buying gear and not joining an endgame shell are probably less likely to worry about their ego.
Hades.Ica said:
Ahmahgawd, I didn't kill Argus for the drop, therefore I don't know how to use this neck piece I have? Please.

Lol, perfect summary. When you put it like that, it shows exactly how pathetic that attitude is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-09 11:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, you guys can waste your money buying "lotting rights" on ***if you want to. I don't give a damn. It just makes you look lazy, or unwilling to do the work. There are plenty of people out there who have just as many real life demands, or more, and are willing to put forth the time and effort to obtain gear. There are also plenty of people who simply don't have the time, and don't do those events, and get by just fine.

As far as the retard comparing Homam to Peacock Charm, you are a moron. There's a major difference between a mob you can solo/a BCNM you can burn with 3 people and a fight that requires items to farm, PLUS more than 3 people to take down. If you honestly believe in your argument, and you just aren't pulling ***out of your ***, then it's no wonder you have to buy your equipment off merc shells. You're probably as useful in endgame as a naked level 65 in dynamis.

Hades.Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-01-09 11:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never bought gear from a merc shell. Fail. :P

Also, you ignored my second point: if I've done Limbus for a year, and need Nash pants to finish my set off, and my shell dissolves, how am I a noob for buying them off another shell? I've done Limbus for a year, so clearly I have "put in the work" and know how to farm the zones and fight Ultima.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2010-01-09 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Like I said, you guys can waste your money buying "lotting rights" on ***if you want to. I don't give a damn. It just makes you look lazy, or unwilling to do the work. There are plenty of people out there who have just as many real life demands, or more, and are willing to put forth the time and effort to obtain gear. There are also plenty of people who simply don't have the time, and don't do those events, and get by just fine.

Idle money isn't doing anything on its own. If you're spending it on something worthwhile, it's not wasted money. I've been doing Limbus well over a year now and I'm still Homam-less. I'm not sure it's worth adding ZNMs to my already full schedule when all I want is a few Enkidu pieces.

This is where making gil comes in and spending gil comes in.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-01-09 11:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like people are forgetting one of the reasons people buy endgame gear. There's a lot of talk about ppl who should join a ls and earn it, don't forget that some ppl do spend months in a shell to get the gear just to have the LS disband/die out.

I've had this happen myself and would much rather buy the gear I should have gotten(if I had the gil) than spend another 6+ months getting to top of lists again.

At the end of the day, more people are realizing that by the time they've joined a ls to get items they'll have next to no time to enjoy it b4 FF14 comes out. If you think it makes them "noob" for not earning it well.... that's what trial periods are for in endgame ls's you don't have to keep players that don't perform to your standards lol

For the record; i've never bought lotting rights b4 but probably will soon, i can say i've earned it i did sea/sky for 8 months.

Back on topic though, lolwut? Like people have already said; only buy drops off reputable linkshells and make sure you only trade once item is in treasure pool. I honestly wonder how ppl fall for RMT tricks sometimes lol
[+]
user: ramone89
By Fairy.Benevolentone 2010-01-09 14:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone who isn't Ica or Woo is completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE up in this ***. Just fyi.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
user: Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-01-09 15:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This game has been out for YEARS, if you dont have a ls or the friends to get the items you need I would think it would be time to move on. Apply for a ls in game, one with a rep or start one. Lastly, no one "deserves" to get scammed. Saying trust worthy players giving gil to strangers means they deserve to lose it anyway is like saying the grandma who falls for the over seas scams from Africa deserve to be broke and screwed over. It is 100% the same thing, different area and different country. But the Nigerian prince crap has been going on since the 70s.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-09 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Die, thread, die. <3
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-01-09 15:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Seems like people are forgetting one of the reasons people buy endgame gear. There's a lot of talk about ppl who should join a ls and earn it, don't forget that some ppl do spend months in a shell to get the gear just to have the LS disband/die out.

I've had this happen myself and would much rather buy the gear I should have gotten(if I had the gil) than spend another 6 months getting to top of lists again.

At the end of the day, more people are realizing that by the time they've joined a ls to get items they'll have next to no time to enjoy it b4 FF14 comes out. If you think it makes them "noob" for not earning it well.... that's what trial periods are for in endgame ls's you don't have to keep players that don't perform to your standards lol

For the record; i've never bought lotting rights b4 but probably will soon, i can say i've earned it i did sea/sky for 8 months.

Back on topic though, lolwut? Like people have already said; only buy drops off reputable linkshells and make sure you only trade once item is in treasure pool. I honestly wonder how ppl fall for RMT tricks sometimes lol

2 ways to fix your ls woes. 1, show up and get the items you want/need first then go for the crap that is tiny upgrades or you can do with out. 2 if you did one to your best efforts then you should have made some friends because of the time you spent farming and collecting points, take those people and some pick ups who will help and get your ***.
user: ramone89
By Fairy.Benevolentone 2010-01-09 15:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and the grandma deserves every penny her HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** lost too. No exceptions, scams are for morons.
 Gilgamesh.Areaden
By Gilgamesh.Areaden 2010-01-09 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Benevolentone said:
Yes and the grandma deserves every penny her HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** lost too. No exceptions, scams are for morons.

lol i hope your wife gets scammed and you lose EVERYTHING, and when that happens think of me. . . Until then daddy loves you
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-09 15:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
What does this have to do with anything? So what, because somebody chooses to buy gear rather than commit a load of time into an endgame shell, we instantly assume they're an RMT? I wouldn't assume somebody was a bank robber just because they bought a new Ferrari. Well, to be honest, I wouldn't assume anything. I don't care, neither is it my place to judge how somebody goes about getting their money, or in this case, gil.

Putting that example in direct context, it doesn't work even then. People work up the money to buy items all the time, specifically just to buy that item. Most of the people I know who are now looking to gear their jobs up, who don't really want to join an endgame shell, choose a piece of gear, get a quote, then make that amount of gil. Heck, I've just made 4m to buy a Love Torque from a friend. Does that make me RMT? Does that make my source of gil earning illegitimate?

I know I spent a lot less time in Kuftal farming Angel Skins than I would have done working my way through his shell's points list (that's not the relevant point though, I simply don't run with them because nothing is worth staying up to 4am for me to earn points for.) I made the choice to farm 4m, knowing full well I could do so in less time than working in a sea shell and climbing priority lists. Guess what? It's my decision to make, it's nobody else's business, so really, why are so many people saying it's bad to buy items? Because you put time in and they're not?

It's a trivial, petty argument. It really is. Mind your own business and concern yourself a little more with what you're doing, not everyone else. The game would be a much better place if everyone did this.

It's rare/rare/ex for a reason. If it's on AH, buy it by all means. It's obviously meant to be sold/bought, it's part of the economy. A rare/rare/ex item is meant to be obtained through your own effort. We all know obtaining many of these endgame items aren't for the faint of heart. Basically if you're a casual "B player" you'll have to look for alternatives.

Maybe you'll hate me for it, but I'm bringing up the moral highground again. If you're a casual player that has limited time, you will not need the extreme endgear. Stick with assault/expansion gear and buy off of AH. Camp NMs for rare/ex when you can etc etc.

In the end I really don't care if you pay linkshells to get your own gear, but I'm truly disheartened of hearing people cry over these shells screwing them over and over again. It really lowers the appeal of the whole experience of the game.

Garuda.Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-01-09 15:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If none of you really cares for what do we do with our own gil... then why exactly are we having this conversation in the first place?

It seems that in fact, a lot of you care a lot if I actually buy my homam. You're all throwing the "Moral Highground" Card anyways.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-01-09 16:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Maybe you'll hate me for it, but I'm bringing up the moral highground again. If you're a casual player that has limited time, you will not need the extreme endgear. Stick with assault/expansion gear and buy off of AH. Camp NMs for rare/ex when you can etc etc.

This whole argument is flawed though. This would be assuming that the amount of time you put into the game should be your equal reward. I disagree entirely, and it's contradictory to the whole point of the game; progression. Progress your jobs gear wise as high as you can.

You could have the same conversation about two people who both got items through a shell in differing schedules. Player A obtains RDM Relic Head after 59 runs with his shell, working hard and putting the time in. Player B, however, obtains the drop in only 9 runs due to whatever beneficial circumstances. Is Player B, then, immorally wrong for a situation changing to his advantage and obtaining something with less effort than somebody else? The argument against purchasing drops is no effort is required to obtain them; or far less than people who have, like Player A, spent a long time in that shell until they've gotten the drop.

Your whole argument is centralised around effort. There are varying degrees of effort involved with camping or purchasing, but that's it. Then you're focusing the morality issue around this varying effort. Why? There is no difference between the two items, through the means of acquisition. The only difference is one person paid for it, one person didn't. As I said before, which is becoming increasingly more prominent the more people reply, the only people who seem to be against buying drops are people who they themselves have 'earnt' these drops and feel a little sour that somebody might be getting them with less effort.

Which brings the whole argument round in one giant circle, back to the part where people should mind their own business. It's not like somebody buying a drop will devalue other people's appeal of your copy, or lower the stats or stop it from working. It's not even like somebody buying a drop will affect you in anyway at all, except denting your ego.

That's what it's about to endgamers, though, right? Ego; which is natively an endgame trait. Deny that all you like, but you only have to have a conversation with an endgamer who's sole focus is getting the best gear to know it's true. And I certainly don't care about anyone's ego.
Garuda.Mameshiba said:
If none of you really cares for what do we do with our own gil... then why exactly are we having this conversation in the first place?

^

Couldn't have put it better myself. The answer of course is people don't know how to mind their own business.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-01-09 16:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Areaden said:
2 if you did one to your best efforts then you should have made some friends because of the time you spent farming and collecting points, take those people and some pick ups who will help and get your ***.

Well I highly doubt my friends who have their own limbus ls's will stop going for a month to help me get homam, and although i might be able to put enough together for kirin they wont wanna keep going if w.legs dont drop lol In principle your right, but its not very feasible hence why you buy the drops.
Sylph.Beelshamen said:

Wow lol So all of a sudden you decide what gear certain people should have or shouldn't? If your gonna bash ppl who buy gear what about genuine ls's that sell it? Telling them their not allowed to when their capped on homam legs and want to make 3-6mil because other ppl haven't "earned" it?

Moral high ground my ***, farming 6-10mil isnt exactly lazy and being unable to find a ls that suits your playtime shouldn't exclude ppl from enjoying the better gear in the game, it's not about "needing" its about enjoyment and being able to play solo better. Whether people want to feel achievement is up to them.

And for players who buy gil then buy gear and can't play their jobs at all... learn who they are and avoid them... people need to chill over this and stop being so rude lol

Edit: /cheer woooood beat me too it XD
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-01-09 17:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Whether people want to feel achievement is up to them.

So, you play all your games on "Very easy"? Seeing as achievement is not necessary in gaming experience in your eyes.

Excuse me if I say so, but achievement is directly and inevitably linked with gaming. Especcially these days.

I'm not telling anyone what to do with their gil, I'm just saying that if you can't acquire a piece of gear yourself or with your friends or LS maybe(please note: MAYBE) you should think twice before throwing your money at linkshells that most likely sells gil.

Sorry if I'm being rude. I don't mean to be, I'm trying to keep as civil as I can. I realize this is just a game as well and I hope I don't seem extreme.
Garuda.Mameshiba said:

It seems that in fact, a lot of you care a lot if I actually buy my homam. You're all throwing the "Moral Highground" Card anyways.

I really don't care. I just never liked the player A - player B example.

Because in reality mostly people that buy their endgame gear aren't the "people with jobs" as you said it. They're just too lazy/unable to/couldn't be assed.

Your post felt rather defensive from the beginning. If you really don't care about how one obtains his/her gear you would have never made an example by using Player A/Player B situations. As if you can just seperate the people that buy gear from people that don't in such a crude fashion.

woooodum said:
Player A obtains RDM Relic Head after 59 runs with his shell, working hard and putting the time in. Player B, however, obtains the drop in only 9 runs due to whatever beneficial circumstances. Is Player B, then, immorally wrong for a situation changing to his advantage and obtaining something with less effort than somebody else?

I can see where you're coming from but I don't think this is a likely example to be used in this discussion. You see, what you just said has everything to do with luck/LSrules and nothing with mercing it.

EDIT: And also you're telling me that the people causing this discussion are the ones that didn't buy their gear?

I see it as the exact opposite way. I see people jumping in on the defensive because they bought their gear.

Hades.Ica
By Hades.Ica 2010-01-09 18:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
I see people jumping in on the defensive because they bought their gear.

I've never purchased a piece of rare/ex gear - although you almost certainly wouldn't believe that. However, my Limbus shell is starting to sell certain items we are full on, and I've been in several sky shells that also sold gear, which benefits members in the form of payouts.