New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Bonecrafter's Bane
Bonecrafter's Bane
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
By Seraph.Rollingthunder 2010-01-03 05:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

why, oh why, did i ever choose to level bonecraft. here i am looking thru the new synergy recipes hoping to find a new way to make some gil, and lo, nothing for bonecrafters. is it just me or have we gotten the shaft? honestly, i fully regret the day i decided that i wanted to level this craft.

perhaps i'm just overlooking something? maybe one of you could show me what i'm missing, but as far as i can tell i have a worthless 100+ level craft...
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-01-03 14:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, but I make very good profit off of mine @ 81. just depends on knowing how to make gil and using your craft to get the most out of your work. That being said, if BC was left out of the last update that will suck.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-03 14:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, my BC mule is @ 65 atm and I've made profit all the way while leveling it up. only thing I've lost gil on is when I've had to lv leather as sub :(

About synergy, i have no idea. i havent even looked into that yet

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-01-03 14:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
idk, my BC mule is @ 65 atm and I've made profit all the way while leveling it up.

Cool , have it to 100 just makes me lose money, even though I don't craft anymore :D
 Asura.Envious
Server: Asura
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2010-01-03 15:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I made 4.5M in one synth. :D Now I can't log on. :(
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-03 20:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Make reraise hairpins and reraise gorgets.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-03 20:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-03 20:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok and wth is with this error 404 im getting trying to post with this naked F taru? at least make it a hume or elvaan M
By Chakrila 2010-01-03 20:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

synergy isnt really making anyone gil at all
By sinner 2010-01-03 20:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah gl on the viv coral for rr pins if you don't have high alchemy or alc. friend. >.>
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-03 21:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Not always a profit and can sometimes sell really slow or get horrible undercut. I think skilling up on them was my worse loss all the way too 100.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Blizzit
Server: Carbuncle
user: Blizzit
By Carbuncle.Blizzit 2010-01-03 22:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

keep in mind synergy is only capped at lvl 50 so far and it has not been raised to 100 se will add in more syths to come. if you have all your subs lvld the new ebon pieces are a decent profit. rr pins and rr gorgets are always a steady flow of gill. fishing trumpet shells and turning them into rings then npc'ing them is decent 200-300k a day max profit. depending on the market bolt heads move fast if you have a market for them. Also if you have the gill to invest a 10 mill bank is normaly needed to turn cursed feet into a hq under right conditions. a single or a dbl hq will profit you while you sell nqs most servers cursed feet-1 will go for a net of 3-4 mill profit and a loss on nqs is normaly 200k per syth. behemoth rings are also a semi demand item that will move fast buy up a ton of horns make em into rings desyth nqs repate till hq.
if you have a good play time there really is no reason to turn a 300-1 mill daily profit. you just need to think out of the box.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-03 22:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I do trumpet shells myself. Fish a good 200-220 a day (seems to be somewhat dependent on if I zone or not and of course if I do gp fish that day). Make usually make a good 95-100 NQs from that for 350kish then usually 1-5 HQs for 20k each though they sell kinda erratic. Sometimes none in 2-3 days sometimes 20 in a day. But really the npcing will never change on you and no wait so I love it.

I gave up on RR as it often can be a loss. Not to mention getting ahold of the animas can be tough if you don't have alchemy friends (ended up finding mine for skill ups in bazaars lol)

my general luck for HQing is generally ***so I don't do heca yet that and I don't have all my gp items.

I'm 0/70ish so far on weskits too lol
[+]
 Seraph.Jacon
user: lvicious
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-03 23:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

props for blizzit and dasva knowing what can and needs to be done to make gil and not whine and how to "utilize" your crafts and time and gil. A++ for effort and input.

Yes, most people don't understand the alchemy side of the rr items.

Pretty sure the cap Dasva is 200 a day/hard fatigue just fyi. You can get soft fatigue during that process.

My hq success has been good overall through the last 4+ years so hang in there. You'll go 0/??? then crank out several over short period.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-03 23:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacon said:
Pretty sure the cap Dasva is 200 a day/hard fatigue just fyi. You can get soft fatigue during that process.
Not if you have an ebisus rod it isn't lol. Also you will get soft fatigue in that your /recast for /fish will go up. Starts at about 3.0sec or so then at the end is around 10ish. Though as far as I can tell zoning wont completely get rid of the soft but will lower it some or make it take longer to build up or something.

Kinda sad because before the update that made it so ebisus rod had advantages (I think they even said catching more) I could catch 220 any fish everyday... but now it is generally less even less if I fish up unstackables and alot less if I fish up legendary... so as far as I can tell the Ebisu rod enhancement was actually a gimp lol.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacon
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-04 01:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you are exactly right about the ebisu. forgot about that. I noticed the soft fatigue as well on recast times.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-04 02:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bonecrafter's Bane!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-04 02:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacon said:
yeah you are exactly right about the ebisu. forgot about that. I noticed the soft fatigue as well on recast times.
Yeah old soft fatigue would actually kill your bite rate too if you didn't zone now it just seems to do recast a little and thats about it.
By Seraph.Rollingthunder 2010-01-04 03:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe my problem is that i just don't see the reward in doing 50-100 synths to make 500k. i guess i'm just used to the ol' days when all i did was camp nms all day. i'll just keep "whining" i guess because apparently i should be happy crafting for 5 hours and making less than i used to make in 30 minutes.

oh wait, i forgot i have other things to do outside of playing this game...

Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-04 03:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rollingthunder said:
maybe my problem is that i just don't see the reward in doing 50-100 synths to make 500k. i guess i'm just used to the ol' days when all i did was camp nms all day. i'll just keep "whining" i guess because apparently i should be happy crafting for 5 hours and making less than i used to make in 30 minutes.

What if you didn't claim that NM or get the drop? Crafting is a more stable income. Camping NMs can be great money, but crafting is a lot more stable and reliable.

Bonecrafting can make good money. All crafts can, you're just expecting a miracle craft were you can make like 100k per synth and sell it immediately.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-01-04 03:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I do trumpet shells myself. Fish a good 200-220 a day (seems to be somewhat dependent on if I zone or not and of course if I do gp fish that day). Make usually make a good 95-100 NQs from that for 350kish then usually 1-5 HQs for 20k each though they sell kinda erratic. Sometimes none in 2-3 days sometimes 20 in a day. But really the npcing will never change on you and no wait so I love it. I gave up on RR as it often can be a loss. Not to mention getting ahold of the animas can be tough if you don't have alchemy friends (ended up finding mine for skill ups in bazaars lol) my general luck for HQing is generally ***so I don't do heca yet that and I don't have all my gp items. I'm 0/70ish so far on weskits too lol

^
exactly what i do.
i have fishing/bonecraft 100 so i fish up shells sell nq to npc sell HQ to ah lol... and i also buy the fish from ah if there 17k or below... idk what ur doing but bonecraft is very good profit if u know what your doing, the craft that got shafted ALOT compared to the old days is goldsmithing. its a *** to lv to 100 and profit is very poor compared what you'll spend to get to 100

Edit: i fish up 5 stacks in about 4 hours or so and make stable 107,500G thats not including any HQ's which will boost the gil amount gained, breaks are rare and the times i do break i lose nothing because of the bonecrafters signboard and wind element in my moghouse lol i fish 5 stacks daily and try to pick up random stacks in AH for 17k or below, factoring all this in i make about 3m "Stable" income a month, is it much? no, but adding what i also make in a HNMls event it adds up lol, this is just a way that works for me, alot of people have there way of going things just have to find your nitch.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-04 03:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rollingthunder said:

Yeah in those good ole days you could've made a ***ton more on crafting... but guess what that money was worth a lot less. Back in those good ole days I burnt over 100k+ a synth just to skill up gold npcing the product(btw that was actually the lowest loss for like 90-94 at the time lol). I wiped my *** with millions. Hell I was pissed when they limited sending 1 mil at a time cause I always had 7 elemental beads up for sale for like 800k-1mil each on both my jueno mules. Guess what nothign cost that much anymore so your not really making any less.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-01-04 05:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Level an alchemy mule then >_> I dont see why everyone bashes the reraise market. The prices arent that erratic, and i've never had a problem selling my reraise earrings.
 Seraph.Jacon
By Seraph.Jacon 2010-01-04 07:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's just that it's lvl80+ alchemy and as alot of us do lvl up subs or a mule to 100 that's just not a feasible option to the majority of people looking for bonecraft help not bonecraft and lvl a mule to 100 option.

You're talking about a person who can't even make the most out of bone much less have the gil or will to lvl another craft to 100. you're giving people too much credit man. I have a gold mule to 100 and most of my friends think I was insane for doing 2 crafts much less bone and gold.

so yeah.. we aren't like everyone else lol.
[+]