Question On Gardening..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » question on gardening..
question on gardening..

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2010-01-02 14:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hrm, I don't see the answer anywhere. You're referring to the length of time between a glowing ready-to-harvest plant and how long afterward it will die/wilt, right?
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-02 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Shinbi said:
heyyy little silly question, looked around on wiki and what not, couldn't find my answer...

how long do i have to harvest a crop? trying to wait for full moon not sure if i have a limited time or something.

depends on what you're gardening.

I've found with tree saplings its not long, maybe a little more than a day.

I think things like vegetable seeds you have longer though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 16:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a weird alla article I found that seemed to indicate that the message you get right before harvesting somewhat affected results more than say moonphase to the point the guy semi consistently forced tree cuttings to yeild crap if he wanted (which since he did it with his inventory full was a great way to test it for free basically if it worked) and by the opposite token increase odds of getting spalings. Seemed to work when I tried it if timed well but not sure if it works with other things.

As far as time meh I've never waited long myself lol
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-02 17:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
There was a weird alla article I found that seemed to indicate that the message you get right before harvesting somewhat affected results more than say moonphase to the point the guy semi consistently forced tree cuttings to yeild crap if he wanted (which since he did it with his inventory full was a great way to test it for free basically if it worked) and by the opposite token increase odds of getting spalings. Seemed to work when I tried it if timed well but not sure if it works with other things.

As far as time meh I've never waited long myself lol

The full inventory trick no longer works.

If you can find any more articles by Pikko they might help.

Pikko's Pots

Pikko has done a lot of research on gardening before and I know had posted a lot on Alla.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 17:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No no the full inventory was just a way to test it for free. It was going by the messages and harvesting right after the right one that was the trick I read.
 Ramuh.Jadell
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2010-01-02 18:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If I have more than 2 spots free and it won't let me harvest I know that I do not have ore from that plant.

I keep furnishings in my moghouses that provide a water element. Water barrel, fish tank and couple other furnishings that provide a water, earth moghancement. Once i had about 3 days before full moon and harvest was ready. I added additional water element furnishing and was able to delay the harvest for couple days.

I also keep the gear for harvesting and mining on that char to help. But the moghancements help hold off a day or two til you can harvest.
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-02 19:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Moghancement gardening will increase time, nit sure how much though.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Jadell
user: jadell
By Ramuh.Jadell 2010-01-02 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:
Moghancement gardening will increase time, nit sure how much though.

my set up probably gained me a couple days, enough to get to the full moon for a good harvest. but i leary of pushing it too much. It worked and i had a good harvest.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2010-01-02 21:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From experience:

Tree cuttings to Tree Saps = 1 month RL.
Tree Saps to Ores = 1 month RL.
Wildgrass to Vomp Carrots = 5 days RL
Veg seeds to Wild Onions = 4 days RL
Grain seeds to Rice = 3 days RL

Each one of those has to have a feeding, either halfway (in the less than a week growings) or 1/3 of the way, then again 2/3 of the way (in the cases of 1 month growings).

Each time you use a crystal, it grows into something different. Certain items can only be grown via use of crystals (i.e. Earth ores need 2x Earth Crystals).

It really depends on what you want to grow, and how long it takes to grow them. Waiting until Full Moon or New Moon to start the session, and to harvest the results, usually leads into wasted time to be honest.

I grow Wild Onions currently, and I see no correlation between moon phrase, day that I planted, and day I harvested between how many stacks of onions I get per harvest to be honest.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 21:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually you can get tree cuttings to tree saps without feeding if you just check up on it. Though takes a bit longer if I remember right
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-03 01:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Any one know what the bags of flower seeds are for? I bought some thinking i could grow them in MH but I can't plant them and wiki says nothing about their use.
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-01-03 01:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not for growing.. not a good answer but I've never had to use them. Maybe a quest of some sort?
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-03 01:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miseko said:
Probably not for growing.. not a good answer but I've never had to use them. Maybe a quest of some sort?
dunno, but the description says that every gardener would love them.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-01-03 02:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
From experience:

saps to ores are about a month RL, cuttings to saps are about 2 weeks (ive been doing them for last couple years). seeds are all right.

and to OP, it will have to do with how much mogehancement gardening you have i think. ordinarily in my experience ive had about 3 days to harvest, with enhancement. i would guess with out you'd have a day or two.

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Anthaio
Server: Diabolos
user: anthaio
By Diabolos.Anthaio 2010-01-03 23:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Usua said:
Any one know what the bags of flower seeds are for? I bought some thinking i could grow them in MH but I can't plant them and wiki says nothing about their use.

At first I thought you meant "Bag of seeds" (which contain starseeds) - used in quest: Recollections.

It is interesting that "Flower seeds" currently serve no purpose but there's an npc that sells them.
 Fairy.Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-01-04 22:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Anthaio said:
Fairy.Usua said:

At first I thought you meant "Bag of seeds" (which contain starseeds) - used in quest: Recollections.

It is interesting that "Flower seeds" currently serve no purpose but there's an npc that sells them.
Yuh, it's been bugging the hell out of me.
-_-
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-01-04 23:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Asura.Korpg said:
From experience:

saps to ores are about a month RL, cuttings to saps are about 2 weeks (ive been doing them for last couple years). seeds are all right.

and to OP, it will have to do with how much mogehancement gardening you have i think. ordinarily in my experience ive had about 3 days to harvest, with enhancement. i would guess with out you'd have a day or two.
actually ive done gardening for a while... and i got tree cuttings to saplings in about 18-21 days and saplings to ores about 23-27 days.

I can harvest tree cuttings for saplings in 20days. What you have to do is check early in your day and right before you go to bed.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-05 03:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Asura.Korpg said:
From experience:

I use an oak table and 10 pots on each mule, this set up results in ~25 days growing time from first planting to harvesting the ores, this equates to just over 3 RL weeks.

My Ore cycle:
* I plant on Friday afternoon after work (this gives me at least 1 in-game week so I can get the right day)
* Feed the first crystal a week later (this normally falls on Friday night or Saturday morning)
* Feed the second crystal a week after that (this is normally at some point on Saturday, some times Sunday morning)
* Harvest a week later (this falls at some point on Sunday, if needed I some times wait until Monday to harvest to get the best results)

By making sure the feedings/harvestings fall on the weekend I can nearly always get them on the right in-game day (this makes a pretty big difference to my harvest results).

I normally make ~300-700k profit a month from the 3 mules (depending on which ore, current market, and luck).

It's not massive money, but its a nice side income and requires very little time in-game (5 mins a day).