Please Help Me Forcing Playonline To Remove The 3-D Secure Security Measure

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Please help me forcing Playonline to remove the 3-D Secure security measure
Please help me forcing Playonline to remove the 3-D Secure security measure

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-12-30 21:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
I really think they should remove it personally. If you can't figure out you have viruses and keyloggers on your computer, you deserve the ***that happens. Really. It's not hard to notice if you have a good antivirus. Go ahead and rate me down, but I think this entire deal is ***. If I can't play FFXIV just because of my CC, they're not getting my money. I'm not buying a PS3 just to enter my information through their version of POL.

No one deserves to have their identity stolen, and an ignorant statement like that just proves you've never had yours stolen. (And no, mine wasn't stolen via the internet.) I don't care how "safe" you browse, you're still in the line of fire for viruses. Just because someone gets a virus doesn't automatically make them an idiot, and you "Get Firfox with No Script and Ad Block Plus" fanboys really need to get it through your head that you're not invincible.

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-01-01 00:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Stole my 2nd account from me, and denied me access to it, but charged me for six months after that... They wont listen to anyone. As much as iv always supposrt SE and the FF series... i gotta wonder what these ppl are thinking..
[+]
 Hades.Efonsecab
Server: Hades
user: efonsecab
By Hades.Efonsecab 2010-01-01 14:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with verified by visa and mastercard securecode programs is that not all banks know about their existence, as VISA people told me, they invite some banks, and the banks that know the existence of the programs want to participate, they can do it. In my country most of the banks do not even know about the existence of these programs,
and as I've seen in the net, it happens in other countries too.
About the change bank statement SE tells to everybody, a persons must be able to choose what type of credit card to use, and in what bank to get it, SE can't just go and tell people what to do as if they were their bosses, that kind of policy is what makes companies lose clients.
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-01 14:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Efonsecab said:
Problem with verified by visa and mastercard securecode programs is that not all banks know about their existence, as VISA people told me, they invite some banks, and the banks that know the existence of the programs want to participate, they can do it. In my country most of the banks do not even know about the existence of these programs,
and as I've seen in the net, it happens in other countries too.
About the change bank statement SE tells to everybody, a persons must be able to choose what type of credit card to use, and in what bank to get it, SE can't just go and tell people what to do as if they were their bosses, that kind of policy is what makes companies lose clients.

SE never said to go change credit cards. The fact is, 3-D secure programs are used by most major banks in Japan, North America and Europe and that's also where the majority of SE's customers live. 3-D secure protects merchants from fraud, this is why SE chose to use it. They could care less from a business standpoint if they lose a few customers over this. Don't be angry at SE for protecting their business, it's common sense that they would use it. If anything be angry at your bank for not being up to date on new security programs that protect their customers and businesses.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-01 16:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a solution, be angry at the banks for not implementing something that a large portion of their customers don't give a ***about. Yup.

Not everyone owns a business. IE: They don't need 3D Secure.

Maybe if SE didn't double charge me, I wouldn't have issued "fraudulant" chargebacks.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-01 16:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I don't recall proposing any solution, however it is the bank's fault for not being up to date. People will certainly start to care as more businesses use these services.

I don't know of any banks, that don't use 3D secure, but obviously there are still some. If I were a client of a bank not using it, I would definitely ask them why they don't, and would consider switching banks.

It has nothing to do with you as the customer owning a business, it has to do with the businesses (SE) protecting themselves against fraud. From a business standpoint it's a smart choice. People can whine about it, I agree it sucks not being able to play for a reason like this. I hope you do find a solution. Realistically though SE isn't going to care if they lose a few customers over protecting their business.

What I would suggest as a solution is rather than making threads about the problem, call and talk to SE's lolcustomer service. I have heard of them being able to bypass it. I can't guarantee it though, it's usually hit and miss with their customer service reps.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-01 18:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Feifongwong said:
Hmm I don't recall proposing any solution,

Exhibit A:
Quote:
f anything be angry at your bank for not being up to date on new security programs that protect their customers and businesses.

Quote:
I don't know of any banks, that don't use 3D secure, but obviously there are still some.

My bank doesn't. Or didn't. Don't know if they implemented it since then. By the way, I bank with Wachovia, not some regional bank.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with you as the customer owning a business, it has to do with the businesses (SE) protecting themselves against fraud.

They wouldn't have to protect themselves from fraud if they didn't open the door to fraud. There's easier ways to protect yourself from fraud. Such as: Not charging people twice for 1 month's of play, or banning people for using in game content (See: Gardening)
Quote:
From a business standpoint it's a smart choice. People can whine about it, I agree it sucks not being able to play for a reason like this. I hope you do find a solution. Realistically though SE isn't going to care if they lose a few customers over protecting their business.

Yes, realistically, SE doesn't care. We've known this. I don't blame the people in countries without 3D Secure for being angry, however. They don't need to "get with the times" if their countries aren't as high in fraud as ours.
Quote:
What I would suggest as a solution is rather than making threads about the problem, call and talk to SE's lolcustomer service. I have heard of them being able to bypass it. I can't guarantee it though, it's usually hit and miss with their customer service reps.

Which is what I suggested to the original poster. It's what both me and my boyfriend had to do, because neither of our banks support 3D Secure. (His definitely doesn't. He banks regionally.)
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-01 19:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That wasn't a proposed solution, it was a statement of my opinion. Don't blame SE for protecting themselves it only makes sense for them, it really is an issue with the bank. Mastercard and Visa both encourage merchants to use 3D secure.

Merchants that do not use 3D Secure are liable for fraudulent transactions, even if the transaction was properly authorized. More merchants should be using it as it does protect them. If a bank is not providing it, then they are doing a disservice to their clients and merchants, most banks do offer it.

I highly recommend talking to your bank about potentially providing it.

Sounds like you had some luck getting it sorted out with SE customer service. I hope everything goes well for the OP.
 Hades.Efonsecab
By Hades.Efonsecab 2010-01-02 17:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They did say to me and other customers "get a new credit card", "change bank"
[+]
 Hades.Efonsecab
By Hades.Efonsecab 2010-01-05 11:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://myffxi.com/dignews/display_article/id_189/MyFFXIs-THE-NM-ISSUE-163-Credit-Card-Registration-Deadline-Coming-Soon---Whats-In-Your-Wallet/
[+]