Forum » FFXI » General » ASA Frustration
ASA Frustration
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-12-27 17:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so i recently came back to the game after a 3 month break and i'm attempting this expansion for some Haste/acc pants for my thief.

Here's the problem I've been told by pretty much everyone on the server that you don't require any skill in Alcy to craft the -Enfeeblement Kit of Silence-. Wiki Says level 10 is the cap. The internet has been known to release false information before.
However I want to confirm if i do need skill in this synth or not because im ready to go on another break from this damn game.
Lets be honest. This running around for key items for no particular reason *** we have all come to loathe and detest has overshadowed the reason we even play games, to have -fun- Id protest that none of this is fun on any level for anyone. ok i feel slightly better.... haha..

I don't have a lot of gil so i cant simply buy these items off the AH and not notice my wallet get significantly smaller. I've attempted this Synthesis 5 times with 5 fails. When I've heard on multiple accounts you need no skill to be able to craft it.

Needless to say im pretty pissed off at this point.
Sorry if this topic has been brought up before.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-27 17:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've read that regardless of skill breaks are pretty common on it. But I haven't done it yet. Getting to 10 in alchemy is rediculous cheap and easy though
 Kujata.Malicfayt
Server: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-12-27 17:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, thank you for the quick reply. i'll give it one more shot i guess then if i break it i'm going to get level 10 Alchy.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-12-27 18:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this a joke? Getting alchemy to 10 would take 15 minutes tops.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-12-27 18:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea and alchemy 1-10 might cost you like 10k tops if you NPC all the crap. If you are breaking and getting rare skillups, you're not working in your level range. Alchemy was similar to cooking for me; the skillups rolled in really quickly.

Plus, breaking a distilled water synth won't really do anything for or against your gils :P
 Alexander.Naraku
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Naraku 2009-12-27 18:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

These synths require absolutely no crafting skills whatsoever.

All my crafting skills are at zero and I successfully crafted them.

The whole process is completely random. Some of them I was able to craft them on first try, others it took a few. Some people just have bad luck on them.
 Cerberus.Janay
Server: Cerberus
user: janay
By Cerberus.Janay 2009-12-28 00:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I never ever ever attempted to craft anything until ASA was realeased. And I only gained 0.1 in various crafts due to getting the Kit I needed.

So the Level 10 that's noted is false.

NOTE: I spent over 300k on the craft items...lol... Got tired of running back and forth to farm them. I did fail the craft multiple times before getting the Kit. But my craft skills are still at zero (amateur).
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-12-28 02:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This might not help you much seeing as how I'm sitting on 88 Alchemy, but I was able to go 1/1 on all synths I attempted including making the base items with Leathercraft, etc. All I did was get advanced synth support before I tried any synths.

I should warn you now, the final fight is complete *** just like ACP. You will need to drop invis in front of Tonberries in Den of Rancor to get multiple entry items that are consumed upon entering the battlefield. Even with triple HP/MP and +150 to all stats/resistances, the 2 boss mobs are unbelievably cheap and will spam aoe WSes that do 700-1200 and inflict multiple status ailments including paralysis.

A lot of strategies revolve around using 2 healers, but I guarantee you will suffer less headaches and retries if you use 3. And the more WHMs, the better, simply for the use of Curaga IV.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-12-28 06:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Malicfayt said:
i'm attempting this expansion for some Haste/acc pants for my thief.
Kujata.Malicfayt said:
I don't have a lot of gil so i cant simply buy these items off the AH and not notice my wallet get significantly smaller.

Wait... what? Isnt THF one hell of a nice job to get that little money? :P
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2009-12-31 03:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it depends what u do with it, not all THF are rich. I know im not.

Most ppl make gil from ENM/BCNM etc, where TH has no effect on drops at all.

Its good for farming random items and getting that Nyzul piece you`ve always wanted but as for making gil, there are faster ways than spamming TH
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lyall
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lyall
By Quetzalcoatl.Lyall 2009-12-31 03:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Synthesis Support in Bastok. I did mine with skill 0 and broke once, got a .1 skill-up, and then went to get the proper support.