users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Charybdis ToD
Charybdis ToD
 Carbuncle.Absolutezero
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Absolutezero 2008-10-13 10:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have it? id much appreciate if someone who just got the thing could tell me abouts when i may attempt it myself!

i need a Joyeuse to go wif mah new Commodore Gearz!
 Alexander.Kagame
Server: Alexander
user: Injung
By Alexander.Kagame 2008-10-13 10:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Go get it yourself. Tool.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Invader
user: Invader
By Carbuncle.Invader 2008-10-13 10:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Err... well anyway, to get ToD you just have to afk overnight around the door to Charybdis' room.
I believe that is the safe spot (someone correct me if I am wrong)...

Then you can count conquest tallies in your log since the "XXX defeats Charybdis." message (1 tally per hour) to determine ToD to within 60 minutes.

Good luck Zero!
 Siren.Kytio
Server: Siren
user: Kytio
By Siren.Kytio 2008-10-13 11:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Around the door is indeed a safe spot, but bear in mind that if a party wipes, Chary will walk from where the pt wiped back down to spawn area aggroing everyone on the way. Counting conquest tallies will work if you don't wanna use TimeStamp.
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2008-10-13 12:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yes be very careful standing near the door, my party wiped on killing her yesterday, and we didnt want it to happen, but charby aggro'd a poor brd who was afk waiting for ToD and killed her >.< when he killed it, we sent her tod in a tell ._.
 Fenrir.Ntfc
Server: Fenrir
user:
By Fenrir.Ntfc 2008-10-13 14:01:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Um, chary is 9-12 hr pop? (cant be bothered to check wiki sry lol)

So @ 9:00pm uk time (also cant be bothered to check what times that is in us .. sry again) i belive the window is open 9:00pm ~ 00:00am, i cant say im 100% on this as people always seem to differ on maintenance and NM timers, only thing i do know is in my past attempts at logging on for long spawn nms after maintenance its never failed.

Failing this just do a /search "Sea serpent grotto" 9/10 x's you can tell when hes due just by the people who are in the area, brds thfs nins normally a good sign.

Anyway best of luck^^
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2008-10-13 16:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Chary is 8-16hr pop, typically pops within first 1-2 hours of window (according to everyone I've heard from, and done it for).

It has on occasion taken ~7hr 30min for me to get it to pop, so be prepared for a long camp.
 Carbuncle.Absolutezero
By Carbuncle.Absolutezero 2008-10-18 04:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks alot for the advice guys! im off to AFK myself in SSG!
 Carbuncle.Tellahchan
user:
By Carbuncle.Tellahchan 2008-10-18 14:35:47
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

<.< hey AZ, if you get the TOD soon, lemmie know, i need one to =3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [188 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Wardens
Server: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-25 01:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

took me about 3 and a half hours to get it. and my party consisted of. NIN/WAR, NIN/DNC, SAM/DNC, PLD/NIN, DRK/SAM, BLM, RDM/WHM, and BRD/WHM. At first I wasn't sure how we'd do. But it started going alot faster. DD didn't hit much. DRK mainly just stunned and used Absorb-tp.

EDIT: and yes the party was overkill :P lol
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-25 09:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutezero said:
does anyone have it? id much appreciate if someone who just got the thing could tell me abouts when i may attempt it myself!

no one in the right mind will give you a ToD so you can just come along and make a claim on NM for zero effort. do what we alll done, camp it. oh and you dont "need" joyeuse you "want it".

Joytoy to me is a luxury item. its not as if you gonna get refused a PT coz you dont have a joy toy.

Ninja Edit: it is 8-16hr pop however, after 8 hours there is only 10% chance for it to pop after you have killed the PH
 Lakshmi.Azrial
user: Azrial
By Lakshmi.Azrial 2009-04-25 10:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, how the hell do you get these numbers. I could say my *** is made of chocolate, but that doesnt make me an ice cream sunday. Do the Bender.

No seriously, your pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. It's 100% drop, thats all you need to know. Sit there and camp it yourself like a good little idiot you are. That way, when you die to it, some other mule will get a timestamp on its general spawn time.

Do the motherfucking Bender.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-25 10:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we really flaming someone a half a year later?
[+]
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-04-25 10:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm the 8-16 hr pop. We went to SSG an hr early (from 8hr mark) to kill the ph's to maybe get Charby to pop right on time. Well a long and somewhat funny story is he never poped. We stayed anyway because hell we want to get our ls members what they came for. 15 hrs and 46 min the *** pops >.>
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-25 10:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutezero said:

1AM CST! LOL
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-25 10:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Are we really flaming someone a half a year later?

LMAO i'm certainly not. i just was looking for a post on Charby/Joyeuse since i got mine last night. But I did not check the date before I posted. I do like the "NECRO BUMP DETECTED" before my post though.. xD
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-25 10:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro Bump Detected means what exactly?
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-04-25 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it says and i quote *ahem* "Necro Bump Detected! [188 days between previous and next post]" with a skull in front lol maybe it doesn't say that on everyone's? idk