Enfeebling Magic question
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-27 14:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also referencing a spreedsheet that you have to download and says I can't without pay lol ftl

You can.

Otherwise use this link : http://rapidshare.com/files/326695108/magic_ac_bis_.ods

(reuploaded it on my account, will be direct download)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-27 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it said I had to pay when I went lol.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-12-27 14:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They ask you if you want to pay for a premium account yeah, but you can also download it for free ;) Anyway with the above link it won't ask anything.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-27 14:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No no after I click dl for free it said that all the free slots are taken and I would have to get premium. Bah no I found out I don't have any program to open it /sigh. Trying to juggle this and nm camping lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Pchan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: pchan
By Quetzalcoatl.Pchan 2009-12-27 18:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually not that bad. The whole point of the lvl difference was to get an int difference.

No it's stupid because 2 mobs of different level will have different magic evasion before even considering level difference. So it's stupid. If you want to test INT you need the same mob but different gear.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-27 18:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pchan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Actually not that bad. The whole point of the lvl difference was to get an int difference.
No it's stupid because 2 mobs of different level will have different magic evasion before even considering level difference. So it's stupid. If you want to test INT you need the same mob but different gear.
Just about as stupid as using a pluto staff vs alkarops to test int
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-12-27 23:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hatheron said:
I have had some confusion over Enfeebling Skill vs INT. I'm a 75 SCH with decent gear, but I'm beginning to consider alternatives for specific slots.

Currently, I do not gear swap my Phantom Tathlum, Morion Earring or Moldavite Earring mainly because I don't have any macro slots left. These pieces are more for Dark Arts spells, but I've been considering alternatives.

Primarily, I'm considering Sturm's Report to replace my Phantom Tathlum. Granted, INT 2 is really going to help my DMG output, but I'm considering Sturm's Report since the MAcc will help for all my spells, not just Nuke and Black Magic enfeebles. Thoughts?

Elemental Set
Dark Set
Enfeebling Set
Healing Set
Enhancing Set
hMP Set

Hope you do not mind, I'm using this as a guide. Thanks! Great Setup! and very concise. Bump to a great Post!
 Remora.Thiefninja
Server: Remora
user: Gawdless
By Remora.Thiefninja 2010-01-02 15:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hatheron said:
I have had some confusion over Enfeebling Skill vs INT. I'm a 75 SCH with decent gear, but I'm beginning to consider alternatives for specific slots. Currently, I do not gear swap my Phantom Tathlum, Morion Earring or Moldavite Earring mainly because I don't have any macro slots left. These pieces are more for Dark Arts spells, but I've been considering alternatives. Primarily, I'm considering Sturm's Report to replace my Phantom Tathlum. Granted, INT 2 is really going to help my DMG output, but I'm considering Sturm's Report since the MAcc will help for all my spells, not just Nuke and Black Magic enfeebles. Thoughts? Elemental Set Dark Set Enfeebling Set Healing Set Enhancing Set hMP Set

question...why do you have turban in some of those sets,,i think drk and enhancing... and second..you have avocat feet...so why in you hmp set do you have aborists? just doesnt make sense
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 15:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Good dark magic well aspir/stun/drain should have haste after dark skill since they are such awesome spells but all have horrible recast timers. You'll notice the swift belt too.

As far as enhancing well there is a decent chance that even without a relavent head he is already capping stoneskin and really for protect/shell it don't matter. So after that things like -emnity or fast cast. Now if it is something he might be casting fairly often like AOE stoneskin maybe then haste might become useful. Not to mention good for extra mp to buff after a rest.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-02 15:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's nothing better to put in the slot, may as well use Haste/FC. For the Dark set, SCH has no Dark Magic Skill pieces in the head slot and Crimson Belt is inferior to Swift's recast reduction except in Campaign, so might as well use the Haste gear. For the Enhancing set, I'm guessing Stoneskin is capped in Light Arts so might as well reduce recasts; don't know about AoE Phalanx but it doesn't appear tailored to enhance that so take it as you will =\ The hMP comment is entirely correct though, should be using the hMP+3 feet instead.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-02 15:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah those are crap for Hmp... and really phalanx kinda needs it's own set if you are gunna do it. Hell really for AOE buffs sch should have a stoneskin set a phalanx/barspell set and then everything else set since the first 2 require different gearing to maximize potency and the everything else should be about conserving mp or less emnity mostly.

I actually rock turban and goliard body on my blm when I remember to use it for blink/dark magic