Chocobo - Canter/gallop?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Chocobo - canter/gallop?
Chocobo - canter/gallop?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-21 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

if these to abiliy raise str/end one lvl, is their any point in takeing them to max lvl And tech ability? Will they raise it beyond the basic max or would it be better to get them one lvl below max and teach them abiliies, theirby allowing you to reaise the other two higher?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-22 13:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

any breeders?
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-12-22 13:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused as to what exactly your asking.. All I know is that if you want a chocobo that is as fast as a rental you need to have it learn Canter and Gallop. I don't know how those abilities affect endurance and strength, but from what I've learned with my blue digger is that Treasure hunter (so far) has had no difference on the two mental traits.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2009-12-22 13:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

a choco has four stats. Strength endurance discensernment and receptivity. Each of them range form lvl 1-8. 8 being the max lvl.
(8 First-class SS 224-255)
From what iv been able to find, the abilitys gallop and canter raise a chocobo str and end one lvl.
what i want to no is, if lvl 8 is the max, is their any point in raiseing str/end to 8 plus teaching him the ability. Will that ability thought at max lvl still increase his str/end or is it capped at 8 irregaurdless. (theirby makeing lvl7 + abiliy a better choice)
 Caitsith.Frysia
Server: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-12-22 13:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Raising Str and End to 255 with Gallop and Canter will increase the Speed and Endurance of your Chocobo both for Racing and for Riding. If you are looking to go for the best racing stats you should go for Str SS, End B, Dis B, Rec B or as close to that as you can
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-01-01 00:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

why Str SS, End B, Dis B, Rec B? I would assume str/end SS and the rest as high as their allowed.