Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Eco Warrior Bastok
Eco Warrior Bastok
 Asura.Wales
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wales
By Asura.Wales 2009-12-09 16:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, Wales here again. I am organizing another eco warrior run, Bastok this time. Eco warrior callouts are more rare than the second coming, so please give consideration to joining! The Bastokian eco warrior quest is well known as the easiest of the three, so it should be a simple yet fun & rewarding event. The event will be December 19th at 9pm (EST).

What is eco warrior?

There are three quests entitled "Eco Warrior", one for each kingdom. In these quests you and your whole party are capped at level 20 and sent in to fight several high level mobs. Numbers are needed due to the level cap, yet it ensures a fun and epic battle.

What does this quest reward?

The rewards are 5k gil, dragon chronicles (random 500-1000 exp upon using), and almost a whole fame rank upon completion. Still, I do this because it is fun as hell, which is what ffxi is all about in my opinion.

Who can join?

ANYONE with ANY level 20+ job can join! In fact, I want as many people as I can possibly get for this event, to ensure its success. Don't worry about us being full, that won't happen. The more of a turnout I get on this, the happier I'll be. However, if you have another eco warrior quest from San d'Oria or Windurst active in your quest log, you will not be able to get the quest.

What do we have to do?

1) Talk to Rafia in Bastok to get the quest.
2) Gather everyone together into party.
3) Travel to Gusgen Mines.
4) Talk to Degga to have our level 20 restriction applied.
5) Let sweeper clear out mobs all the way to the NM site.
6) Move north but hug the west wall, taking every west turn available.
We will make our way to the northeastern chamber.
7) When everyone is ready, I will activate the ??? to start the battle.
8) Kill the NMs (there are two of them)
9) Everyone select the ??? again to get key item.
10) Return to Rafia to reap rewards and celebrate!

Rules:

1) For the love of all things sacred, do NOT activate the ???. I will come as a pld/war, so when everyone is ready I will invincible and activate it. If you activate yourself, both NMs will instantly attack YOU and you will likely die.

2) Please be respectful of other players. I doubt if this needs to be said, but just in case I say it.

What we need:

We only need 6-8 people minimum in order to pull this off (plus a sweeper). However, this is only true if we have at least two summoners in the party using Ifrit. If you have a 20+ summoner with Ifrit, you are highly welcome. Naturally, we also need a healer and some mages to deal fire damage to our enemy (it is weak to fire and strong against physical attacks). Additional tanks and/or dds are welcome too, but as the enemy is strong against physical attacks, mages are more desirable.

Battleplan:

We face two jellies as our NMs. I will 2-hour invincible and start the battle with the hate on me. As soon as possible, I would love for the summoners to summon Ifrit and astral flow. Everyone else just focus on the target I'm attacking. Based on what I've read (and experienced with the other two eco-warrior quests) this should be quick & easy yet fun.

Conclusion:

Remember the event is December 19th, 9pm (EST).

If you do plan on attending, I would very much appreciate it. Even if you don't need it, help is appreciated. Also,

I WILL PAY 10k FOR A HIGH LEVEL SWEEPER WHO CAN CLEAR OUT ALL THE BOGIES AND OTHER MOBS IN GUSGEN MINES BEFORE THE NM!

I would also appreciate it if you state what job you plan to bring (if you plan to come) in these forums so I can get a handle on who is coming. I plan to have my brother (a summoner) and some friends (if available) join in and I plan to inqire with my linkshell as well. Hopefully, there will be enough people to do this.

Thank you all in advance for reading! I hope to see you there!

-Wales
 Asura.Djcarlos
By Asura.Djcarlos 2009-12-09 16:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/grin lol i'm totally down. haven't done eco-warrior since like 2yrs n only done the sandy one.
Pretty sure i'm free that time too.
I'll come SMN.

good stuff.
 Hades.Lisamarie
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-12-10 11:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I love to see there are ppl who are still willing to do oldschool events.

I mean, I always hear ppl QQ about how they miss their noob days but when you ask ANYONE if they wanna do a Garrison they just go "meh".

In Hades I only seen one Eco-Warrior (Sandy) shout in 2 years. I myself was able to pull off a full alliance to do it an year ago. Needless to say it was Too Weak for 18 ppl + Sweeper, but still, was fun!

Good luck!
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-10 12:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Arg, wrong server! I've had Eco-Bastok open since the first week I had FFXI! Like around when Zilart came out. ;;
Old school things can be fun. I wish people did them more often. Too bad they are usually a waste of time as far as rewards go. Most people can't be bothered until the get some l33t gear from it.
I tried this once and we had so many new players I almost shot myself trying to organize them. I hope you have better luck than I did. We failed due to people aggroing everything in the zone.
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2009-12-10 17:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

mememememememe! ></ i've been stuck on bastok's eco-warrior for YEARS! lolol xD
 Asura.Zarine
user: BunkMonk
By Asura.Zarine 2009-12-10 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never tried one, and would totally go to this if I didn't have eco-warrior Sandy open. >< Is there any way to cancel the quest?
 Asura.Wales
By Asura.Wales 2009-12-14 11:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zarine said:
I've never tried one, and would totally go to this if I didn't have eco-warrior Sandy open. >< Is there any way to cancel the quest?

I'm afraid not, no. I'm not sure there are any quests in this game that can be cancelled, it is either completed or lingers in your questbook. I don't know about others, but I'm an OCD completionist who simply cannot stand having unfinished quests linger in my log. It drives me nutz lol.

Anyway, I hope you find what you need to get your eco warrior quest done.
 Asura.Wales
By Asura.Wales 2009-12-20 01:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this thread is officially obsolete. The eco warrior event has occurred SUCCESSFULLY thanks to the help of some amazing players on this server. It means a lot to me guys, to see that there are those who still appreciate these classic gems of ffxi and that I can be free of the lingering quest in my log. Thank you all once more for the incredible help you have given me.