Erlking Kheten Or Perdu Voulge?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Erlking kheten or Perdu voulge?
Erlking kheten or Perdu voulge?
 Remora.Abriel
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-21 08:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

inB4zomgzorzaresisbestwarbodyevur!! I can haz lulz naow? =3

in either case, I can play around with it a bit. wish I hadn't tossed relic gloves now, tossed together current R/C build for birds and it uses askar for 2% over cap <.> not sure what I'm going to do for an all-around R/C build, wonder how far 120 dex reaches into most other merit level event enemies (know it dun' mean ***on mamool).

current R/C tp build:

rune/pole/~~~/bomblet
askar/coeurl(+7 acc)/hollow/brutal
haub./askar/thunder/rajas
cuch./speed/byakko's/piss

(I know I'm cheap with some gear, lol)
(build was created with birds in mind, so barely under acc cap on the higher level ones, if I remember right)

just don't see what I can really swap around that without sacrificing more than I'd want. could flop on some atk and replace thunder with an acc... meh, I'll mess with it later, brain's already going into stand-by.
[+]
By Audra 2009-12-21 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tested it myself. With 1 MP refresh, the haste effect is active every other swing, with about 7 seconds between each swing when it proced, 8-9 between each swing when it didnt (i wore no haste gear for the test, only the axe). Without the haste effect (used m bhuj cuz it has same delay) i was swinging about every 8-9 seconds. I also tested it whilst i had full mp (i wore ares feet, legs, and savage hands so that I'd have over 100 MP to last long enough to test the theory) and the numbers were consistent with the numbers i got on every 2nd swing with 1 mp refresh. This means that using the G Axe with 1 mp refresh is about the equivalent of 4.5% haste. I wouldn't recommend using it for most situations, anyways though because 88 DMG is low and hard to make up for. M Bhuj suffers the same fate, but at least it has steel cyclone (And no i will not typically use m bhuj for KJ as KJ is multi hit so DMG is a whole lot more important, as is the attack and everything else that comes from perdu.)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 09:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you say 2 over the cap unless piss means 2 haste lol. Rune 9, askar head 4 askar hands 2 speed 6 yakko 5. For 26%. Cap is technically between 25-26 or so I'm told.

That looks sufficient to have a 6 hit barely /sam. Assuming you have all that there are a few things you can add to get more attacks in. Askar body obviously af legs. Can get a little more wiggle room with having Either unicorn feet or dusk hands especially on the +1s.
By Audra 2009-12-21 09:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i wanted to explain the results a little bit more but i have forgotten to include this in my previous post.

I believe the reason for the axe to only proc on every other swing, giving the net increase of 4.5% haste, is because it didn't appear to give +1 MP until after the -3 MP like it used to. This could have been edited by SE so that the 9% haste can't be gotten as easily when they edited haste cap. How i noticed this is I would have 1 MP for about 3 seconds, then 0 for the next 3. If the +1 mp refresh was factored before the -3 mp drain, then it should always display 0, or VERY briefly flicker 1, then drop back to 0 MP.
By Audra 2009-12-21 09:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Example:
Tick 1: 0 MP +1 (Doesn't proc, as you started with 0 MP and then gained 1)
Tick 2: 1 MP -3 (Procs)
Tick 3: 0 MP +1 (Doesn't)
Tick 4: 1 MP -3 (Procs)
Tick 5: 0 MP +1 (Doesn't)
Tick 6: 1 MP -3 (Procs)

This shows how the refresh being figured after the -3 MP drain affects the weapon. Since it appears to be different from now than it was before I quit FFXI for a long time, it is now only active 50% of the time meaning a net gain of about 4.5% haste.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 09:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Even being active 50% of the time won't necessarily be active 50% of the time your actually making swings. Also obviously both refresh and the latent stealing happen at the same time. If refresh happened first then it would always be active and you'd usually be at 0 with flickers to 1 that didn't happen. If refresh happened after then it would always be active with stealing 1 then refreshing one. More like they happen at same time but before they happen the weapon checks to see if you got at least 1 mp to see if it is active.

This was made more obvious was from my 2 refresh try. At 0 it wasn't activate so I went to 2 mp. At 2 it was active so I lost 1. If I had lost 3 first I'd stay at 2 but instead I went down to 1. Then to 0 and repeat.

Theoretically if you did enough math with tic times and swing times you could probably come up with a haste value that will keep it active always on swings. Assuming of course you could get the tic and swing times to start at specific time in relation to each other. Otherwise you might get it never active lol.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-12-21 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Seismic axe !!!! (looks around suspiciously)

on more serious side though easy way to test rune chopper is not to use it but the single hand axes and engage a mob from a distance so dont actually hit it then just compare the time between reganed hp at 1mp/0mp and larger mp pool.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 10:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
on more serious side though easy way to test rune chopper is not to use it but the single hand axes and engage a mob from a distance so dont actually hit it then just compare the time between reganed hp at 1mp/0mp and larger mp pool.
No need to time since tics are 3 sec and it will all go by tics. Well really you don't need to test that since as previously shown you won't lose anything if you start with 0. If you have some you will. Just do some math. Or you could just use the table I put on the previous page.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-12-21 11:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Dasva, as a lot people of this forum keep reminding me when I post in the jobs sections.

As your WAR is only 17 you opinion is not as valid as some one who has 75 WAR.

Therefore despite your well laid out and presented arguments, I am going to say you are wrong and suggest all 75 WARs use this (and as my WAR is 37, my view is instantly more valid).

something, something, sarcasm.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-21 11:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you make an excellent point I meant this would be a great weapon for Gaxe blms. Seeing as I am a 75 blm I am clearly right!

Oddly enough for having litterally 0 skill I could hit lvl 40ish mobs pretty damn well. Like about capped acc. But my 40 attack did such strange things to my dmg. Normal hits were litterally 0-80ish and crits were like 90-170
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-12-21 11:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i take your axe and raise u this Schwarz Axt
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-21 14:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, piss means aurum, lol. I wouldn't bother with unicorn leggings in most cases myself, just too cheap (not to mention that the nq are only going to be better at over 60% haste), dusk gloves +1 would be nice though. as for the 6-hit, more often than not just pop on rose strap when /sam, beats the pants off most other options normally. but, now that I'm actually awake I can get a good idea about what to swap around on my own, lol.

ok, may be not so much awake, where's my fukkin' cerial?
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-12-21 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

actually I'm a 75war and what dasva is is saying is correct, your other haste gear plus spells/songs/whatever will make a difference.

now he doesn't account for downtime or disengaging from dead mobs and engaging the next as well or refresh. (speaking of meritpos) which totally depends on your puller and knowing how to setup for your next mob.

Cerberus.Eanae
Server: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2009-12-22 07:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lose the Askar pieces in that setup. There isn't a single piece of Askar gear that's worth using for warrior.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-22 08:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol so ttrue
 Remora.Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2009-12-28 17:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

because there's so many better options than zucchetto for capping gear haste other than dusk gloves+1 and then being able to replace it with ares's mask, amirite? sure it's a nice thought, but I don't think I'm going to overexert myself to work on an option when I can get a similar outcome with other gear that's much easier to get.

gloves were only meant for capped dDEX on birds (never could get myself to toss them in the hopes of one day they could be useful, also beats looking at heca. when traveling), but I may stick with them for R/C build 'till something better comes my way again (there's really no point to using my nq dusk gloves unless I use blitz ring with it, and I don't really see how losing 2 gear slots for haste options over losing just one will benefit me or anyone more).

outside of that, I'd have to do the math, but I think that 23% gear haste fort. could beat unrefreshed rune.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-12-29 11:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gunna go back to the OP for a sec..

I know its prolly been said before, but what stats are ppl looking for to officially "win" vs. Perdu? Last night I got Dmg+6 Att+8 Double Att+1..I went to bed shortly after I got it so I didn't do any testing but just looking at stats this seems like a decent group of augments..any thoughts?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-12-29 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Gunna go back to the OP for a sec..

I know its prolly been said before, but what stats are ppl looking for to officially "win" vs. Perdu? Last night I got Dmg 6 Att 8 Double Att 1..I went to bed shortly after I got it so I didn't do any testing but just looking at stats this seems like a decent group of augments..any thoughts?
High damage, STR, and DA would be ideal and capped accuracy is a must. If you can make use of Perdu's accuracy, whether to cap accuracy or make a swap for Haste (Blitz Ring), Perdu wins by default in any situation where you're not holding TP.