Woodworking: The Final 10 Levels...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Woodworking » Woodworking: The final 10 levels...
Woodworking: The final 10 levels...
 Hades.Sephrin
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2009-11-29 03:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finally wanting to finish up woodworking and I'm wondering what most woodworkers do for the final jump from 90-100. Any suggestions?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-29 03:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a woodworker, but I know a few. I recall them making tons and tons of 8-sided poles and Cythara Angelicas. Then I think it was Lancewood Lumber and Kinkobo's to finish off.
I'm sure the real wwers will chime in soon. :P
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-29 03:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have planned so far (I've only just hit WW 73.3):

level Bonecraft to ~53:
90-91 - Kabura Arrows x33: Earth Crystal, Bamboo Stick, Karimata Arrowheads, Giant Bird Fletchings, Ram Horn

91-95 - Bldwd. Lumber: Desynth Soulflayer Staff (Wind Crystal) or synth from Bloodwood Log. Staves are cheaper.

95-96 - Lqr. Tree Sap: Water Crystal, Lacquer Tree Log

96-98 - Cythara Anglica: Earth Crystal, Ebony Lumberx2, Coeurl Whisker, Ancient Lumberx2

98-99 - Lancewood Lbr.: Wind Crystal, Lancewood Log

....And a tie between break-synthing Iron-splitter and/or crafting those into Steel-splitters; and Staurobow.
 Titan.Endiirine
Server: Titan
user: Endiirine
By Titan.Endiirine 2009-11-29 04:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I took Kabura Arrows to 91.

At that point, Smithing was at 26, so I did 8-Sided Poles, which were a moderate loss but got me skillups on 2 skills. That got me to Smithing 31 and WW 94.

Currently doing Lacquer Tree Sap. You can NPC for ~3600 for a successful synth, and logs cost 5k. That should go 94->96. Supply can be an issue.

Cythara Angelicas will go 96 to 98, but they are pretty much garbage because they dont sell on Titan. So, looking at about 8k loss per synth if NPCd.

Lancewood Logs for 98->99. Again, 8k loss per synth, and same supply isses as Laq Tree Logs.

Not sure what I am going to do for 99->100. I have started on Smithing for the traditional Iron Splitter/Steel Splitter, but since almost everyone in my LS has DRG leveled, I think I will lvl Gold and do signed Thassalocrats until I hit 100.
 Fairy.Lobby
Server: Fairy
user: Lobby
By Fairy.Lobby 2009-11-29 04:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My Woodworking mule did :

90-96 - Lqr. Tree Sap : Water Crystal, Lacquer Tree Log

If you got an alchemy friend you can transform them into Urushi. You may need them later if you want to make some WW cursed items.

96-98 - Cythara Anglica : Earth Crystal, Ebony Lumberx2, Coeurl Whisker, Ancient Lumberx2

Cythara Anglica sold to NPC, they won't sell at AH, craft your own lumbers for cheaper recipe, Whiskers can be easily farmed too.

98-99 - Lancewood Lbr.: Wind Crystal, Lancewood Log

Pure money lost

99-100 Jacaranda lumbers : Wind crystal, Jacaranda Log.

Jacaranda recipe is a lot of money but you don't need subs to craft them, and it is supposed to be only for 1 level.

~Lobby
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-29 08:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

-Is the smartass of the forum.- Pain, and lots of money loss, as with any 90-100 synth~! ;x

But on a serious note, not all guides are helpful, price things out to see if the losses/gain back are to high/low enough that you can swallow the pain.

GL on getting it though, once you get 100 you can officialy be called a... XD