Forum » FFXI » Servers » Midgardsormr » Bomb queen/rostum pumps~
Bomb queen/rostum pumps~
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-11-28 01:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since all my other forum things for midgar have failed...

Lets try and plan some popped nm's for the public~!

Ever have a set of pop items for NM's, but for the life of you you can't find help? Well, I'd like to help. Personally, I've had this issue with bomb queen for 4 months now.(And having to lug 4 items in my satchel is starting to annoy me..)

Now then, if you ARE intrested, It'd be your pop-your drop(obviously..), Hoping to now have *** come in and make us set the distribution, or if your paranoid, then we can/could anyway. Looking for some bodies for this, low-man(low bodies), or high-man(High amount of people, you know? >.>), whichever you'd want. I personally havn't killed either, so I can't give first hand experience.

*Ahem* Anyway, to request help/want in, send me a PM on here, post back to the forum, or poke me in game, Usually on(Possibly afk, but I will get back to you). Blind FL invites will be declines, so don't do it please
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-12-02 05:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We pop our NM's as a linkshell so are not normally short on numbers when we go, but Bomb Queen can be low-manned reasonably easily (and with as few as 4 people with difficulty).

For an easy fight using 8 people:

Party 1:

1) PLD/NIN - Preferably with reasonable MDB gear (Iron Ram is fine), and a decent Haste / Fast Cast setup for shadow recast.
2) BRD/WHM - Double March or March / Balld on the PLD depending on how good his Haste setup is, and assist Cure. Ballad x2 on healer.
3) RDM/WHM - Refresh / Haste / Phalanx II on PLD and the main healer. Shold also keep Slow II / Para II on at all times, and Dia II / III on the Queen.
4) DD/THF - SAM's are best for this role. No point in subbing NIN as the only thing hitting the DD's should be Firaga III which shadows aren't gonna stop anyway...
5) DD/THF - Same as above.

Party 2 (Note: This party SHOULD NOT be allied with the first. Reason for this is if the babies Self-Destruct only this party will take daamage):

1) RDM/NIN / RDM/BLM / RDM/WHM - RDM/WHM prolly best. Will Dia pull the babies when they spawn. Needs to ensure BLM's are Refresh'd at all times, and heal them if needed. Can nuke too if BLM's are for some reasonably desperate on MP.
2) BLM/??? - Fire III from 2 BLM's who are half decent will kill the babies outright unless its the *** Bomb, but those are few and far between and can easily be cured up after. Keep Stoneskin up, /RDM prolly best for Phalanx and Fast Cast.
3) BLM/??? - Same as above.

This setup really shouldn't struggle if the players are even semi-decent. Make sure everyone has Barfire up. Some people say to get Carol from the BRD, but personally never felt it was needed. If the main party starts taking too much damage (the RDM is low on MP) because the Queen decided to spam Firaga III or something, tell the DD to get off and leave only the tank on the Queen until the RDM has sufficient MP back.

If you are worried, throw another healer in the tank party and an extra BLM in the baby party and you really can't lose. Also I believe Wiki says Bomb Queen is immune to all forms of Stun, but last time I did it I'm pretty sure Shield Bash worked so tell the PLD to save it for Firaga III's.

Rostrum Pumps NM is harder, and will require more people. Although a similar setup (will need a couple of WHM's) can easily kill the Alastor NM itself, it's the babies that will present an issue for you. We usually take two BST's with us who Charm the adds.

A full alliance should have no issues with this pop, the key is to control TP being fed to the Feeler Antilion which in turn spawns the adds as a TP move. If you are struggling then nobody should be engaged with it at all, only the person tanking should have it held without weapon drawn until the DD / healers are ready for the next spawn.

Hope it helps!

Dom