First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-14 23:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Hell, we still have to confirm that it drops SOMETHING though.
Well, according to my table, it drops a ZOMFGEarth Crystal :D
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-14 23:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Hell, we still have to confirm that it drops SOMETHING though.
Well, according to my table, it drops a ZOMFGEarth Crystal :D
Inorite
By futchy 2009-11-14 23:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide is totally not needed and just a waste of space.

I did this on sam/dnc and on my bst. SMN is /yawn..
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-14 23:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
It simply must have a hidden effect. Like, under the effect of a favour or something probably.
Wouldn't that be a kicker... double stats under diablos favor lol. But really it's not like SE doesn't do stuff like this...

The update looks like it's giving hxc players NMs' to play with that will literally drive them to the floor and yet also introduced more items to make the game more accessible to less serious folk.

This guy can easily drive hoards of people to the ground, and if we're going to assume that this is what he drops, the level and the stats just don't match.

There has to be something behind it..
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

futchy said:
This guide is totally not needed and just a waste of space. I did this on sam/dnc and on my bst. SMN is /yawn..
Try saying that under a real account!
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-14 23:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a good run Korpg. took until page 3 for some trolling.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-14 23:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

futchy said:
This guide is totally not needed and just a waste of space.

I did this on sam/dnc and on my bst. SMN is /yawn..

I believe what the interweb people say at a time like this is...

Pics or it didn't happen.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
It simply must have a hidden effect. Like, under the effect of a favour or something probably.
Wouldn't that be a kicker... double stats under diablos favor lol. But really it's not like SE doesn't do stuff like this...
The update looks like it's giving hxc players NMs' to play with that will literally drive them to the floor and yet also introduced more items to make the game more accessible to less serious folk. This guy can easily drive hoards of people to the ground, and if we're going to assume that this is what he drops, the level and the stats just don't match. There has to be something behind it..
Yeah but loook at all the drops... most of them are meh at best with a few nice things. But pretty much all the NMS are way way harder than there lvl suggest. I mean I was almost killed and ran out of mp on a lvl 55ish fly on blm/sch... and got a latent effect +1 dex. Maybe everything in this update has cool hidden effects or maybe SE was just playing a big joke on us and giving us cool things to go discover without actually giving us nice gears. But get one and try out half billion different things lol.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-14 23:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
The update looks like it's giving hxc players NMs' to play with that will literally drive them to the floor and yet also introduced more items to make the game more accessible to less serious folk. This guy can easily drive hoards of people to the ground, and if we're going to assume that this is what he drops, the level and the stats just don't match. There has to be something behind it..
Or something more that drops from it.

It might drop something better that nobody knows about.
futchy said:
This guide is totally not needed and just a waste of space. I did this on sam/dnc and on my bst. SMN is /yawn..
How did you get past the ice spikes? Para hits you every time you attack it too, so it would be kindof hard to keep Third Eye up all the time.

Drain Samba II doesn't work, since its undead.

Curing waltz? You would take more damage from the ice spikes alone than the TP gained from whacking it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-14 23:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
It was a good run Korpg. took until page 3 for some trolling.
Inorite?

Its just futchy though.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-14 23:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:

The update looks like it's giving hxc players NMs' to play with that will literally drive them to the floor and yet also introduced more items to make the game more accessible to less serious folk.

This guy can easily drive hoards of people to the ground, and if we're going to assume that this is what he drops, the level and the stats just don't match.

There has to be something behind it..
I don't get how it could possibly drive hoards of people to the ground, ice spikes and enblizzard aren't exactly enough to cripple even a well balanced party let alone a whole alliance.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
futchy said:
How did you get past the ice spikes? Para hits you every time you attack it too, so it would be kindof hard to keep Third Eye up all the time. Drain Samba II doesn't work, since its undead. Curing waltz? You would take more damage from the ice spikes alone than the TP gained from whacking it.
He can't curing waltze hes too busy erasing paralyze!!! I know he kiteing only running in for ws and blade bashes while meditating the rest of the tp.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-14 23:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I don't get how it could possibly drive hoards of people to the ground, ice spikes and enblizzard aren't exactly enough to cripple even a well balanced party let alone a whole alliance.
Damage builds up though. And if the WHMs are too busy curing from all the ice spike damage (75-80 PER hit, that builds up fast) and paralyna the tanks and DDs (seriously, I noticed that my avatars, with the exception of Shiva and Ifrit, are para'd after the first hit, and it procs very frequently, which is why I don't suggest meleeing them).

Maybe a bunch of MNKs who Hundred Fists BEFORE engaging might work.

I think Ice Spikes would still kill though.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-14 23:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah but loook at all the drops... most of them are meh at best with a few nice things. But pretty much all the NMS are way way harder than there lvl suggest. I mean I was almost killed and ran out of mp on a lvl 55ish fly on blm/sch... and got a latent effect 1 dex. Maybe everything in this update has cool hidden effects or maybe SE was just playing a big joke on us and giving us cool things to go discover without actually giving us nice gears. But get one and try out half billion different things lol.
Asura.Korpg said:
Or something more that drops from it.

It might drop something better that nobody knows about.

Ya see. We just can't tell.
We just don't know enough yet.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Yeah I don't understand it at all myself especially if its only hitting him for like 200 at most in the first 30 min. I just tested my rdm/blu def -dmg build and I mean I got 250-300 dmg on my normal rdm/nin magish gear down to 50-70ish. Really I don't really doubt I could get this to near 0 on rdm/blu though I certain not sure if I could solo it down in 30min before dmg went up. But really a compentant tank should be fine especially with no tp moves. Just don't melee it as the tank and well enblizzard is real easy to kill. Shell and phalanx should be enough though barblizzard wouldn't hurt.
By futchy 2009-11-14 23:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are acting like this is some godly HNM that needs a guide lol. How sad. Lrn2play
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-14 23:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lolfutchy

Korpg makes me want to play again so I can do ***on my SMN lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-14 23:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

futchy said:
You guys are acting like this is some godly HNM that needs a guide lol. How sad. Lrn2play
Prove us wrong then.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-14 23:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

It's a little hard to do anything with a strong para on you. A well balanced party constantly paralynaing the pld so he can get cure IV off will be an issue. Once the PLD dies it's /end.

Unless it can be dispelled?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

futchy said:
Lrn2post with an actual account instead of trying to hide.
Asura.Korpg said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Damage builds up though. And if the WHMs are too busy curing from all the ice spike damage (75-80 PER hit, that builds up fast) and paralyna the tanks and DDs (seriously, I noticed that my avatars, with the exception of Shiva and Ifrit, are para'd after the first hit, and it procs very frequently, which is why I don't suggest meleeing them). Maybe a bunch of MNKs who Hundred Fists BEFORE engaging might work. I think Ice Spikes would still kill though.
So don't melee frequently. It's not like there aren't alot of melee unfriendly mobs out there. Also barblizzard and shell and barpara would help alot
By futchy 2009-11-14 23:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Prove what? that it isn't a godly HNM and you dont need a guide to kill it?

lolkorpg wow.... just wow
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-14 23:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Odin.Blazza said:
It's a little hard to do anything with a strong para on you. A well balanced party constantly paralynaing the pld so he can get cure IV off will be an issue. Once the PLD dies it's /end. Unless it can be dispelled?
Then don't have the pld melee... and actually with barpara and barblizzard getting off stuff even with strong para isn't that hard I do it all the time since I almost never /whm lol.
 Asura.Ravenfornow
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ravenfornow 2009-11-15 00:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

futchy said:
Prove what?
Goodjob. You proved you're a *** and have nothing note worthy of saying. Kindly STFU and stop taking up space here.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-15 00:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
Odin.Blazza said:
It's a little hard to do anything with a strong para on you. A well balanced party constantly paralynaing the pld so he can get cure IV off will be an issue. Once the PLD dies it's /end. Unless it can be dispelled?
Then don't have the pld melee... and actually with barpara and barblizzard getting off stuff even with strong para isn't that hard and well it will proc muc easier.
Fair point!

With a Bard and an RDM refreshing the pld.. It can be done actually.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 00:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah I don't understand it at all myself especially if its only hitting him for like 200 at most in the first 30 min. I just tested my rdm/blu def -dmg build and I mean I got 250-300 dmg on my normal rdm/nin magish gear down to 50-70ish. Really I don't really doubt I could get this to near 0 on rdm/blu though I certain not sure if I could solo it down in 30min before dmg went up. But really a compentant tank should be fine especially with no tp moves. Just don't melee it as the tank and well enblizzard is real easy to kill. Shell and phalanx should be enough though barblizzard wouldn't hurt.
You are right, but Avatars have about as much defense as a good tank (I mean a good PLD/WAR, some of these PLDs nowadays take more damage than what my Carby would take) and it was still hitting for 150 damage.

Double Attack is the kicker though. It would burn thru shadows towards the end, when it increases its double attack.

Maybe Shellra V, Barblizzard, and Barparalyze MIGHT make a difference. Then again, it might not. It was procing more times than normal, so I would have to assume that is more like a Paralyze II (maybe more just for this mob alone) than anything.
Remora.Belius said:
Unless it can be dispelled?
It can't. Its latent, it doesn't recast these spells so its on 100% of the time.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-15 00:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we also not feed that weird ninjaposter replies? I don't think any of us really care what he has to say. :/
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 00:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Then don't have the pld melee... and actually with barpara and barblizzard getting off stuff even with strong para isn't that hard and well it will proc muc easier.
Fair point! With a Bard and an RDM refreshing the pld.. It can be done actually.
Hell if you insist on a pld tank vs a nin... which fair enough undead killer and high double attack rate though probably can be slowed you can still engage another mob and still block and parry. Probably one of the aggros your keep slept unless you destroyed the room. I'm not a fan of tanks meleeing to begin with even with atonement now... too many of hard mobs that need a full pt or are rediculously easier if you give them less tp.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 00:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Can we also not feed that weird ninjaposter replies? I don't think any of us really care what he has to say. :/
Yeah, its just futchy.
Remora.Belius said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Remora.Belius said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Fair point! With a Bard and an RDM refreshing the pld.. It can be done actually.
There ya go.

Somebody post anything about killing this particular mob. Since its hard as hell for one thing, and another, there has to be SOMETHING else that drops from it thats OMGUBER or something to that nature.

I don't want to be the first to find that out :p
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-15 00:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell if you insist on a pld tank vs a nin... which fair enough undead killer and high double attack rate though probably can be slowed you can still engage another mob and still block and parry. Probably one of the aggros your keep slept unless you destroyed the room. I'm not a fan of tanks meleeing to begin with even with atonement now... too many of hard mobs that need a full pt or are rediculously easier if you give them less tp.

Yeah. I think someone should get their LS to try it!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 00:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
Yeah. I think someone should get their LS to try it!
Mine won't.

They know I'm going to solo it, so they leave me to do that while they do other stuff :3