New NM's And You, A Growing Guide The The New Nm's Of Vana'diel.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » New NM's and you, A growing guide the the new nm's of Vana'diel.
New NM's and you, A growing guide the the new nm's of Vana'diel.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Sidsith
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: sidsith
By Ifrit.Sidsith 2009-11-13 12:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

scorp nm in CN drops aptant oe pera and hits like a mug 4/5 in our pt got killed had thf x2 sam/dan whm/blm and bst/whm ran out of mob pets at 30% mob health killed CC in like 5-8 hits kept up stone SS and blink was funny. Dropped 2 earth crystals and that pera. Also killed new kracken was 4 bst 1 pld whm rdm and thf no drop but he killed CC like it was nothing had to have pld kite while pets hit.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-13 12:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly does a mug hit like? A small ceramic container full of hot liquid?
 Ifrit.Sidsith
By Ifrit.Sidsith 2009-11-13 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

it hit like mike tyson punching ur face in hard as hell
 Ifrit.Sidsith
By Ifrit.Sidsith 2009-11-13 12:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

KRT Barbastelle bat nm J-6 no drop
 Ifrit.Clouse
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-13 14:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Bastet is soloable by a SMN, and a RDM.

Doesn't use TP moves at all.

i'm pretty sure I could solo Bastet on pld/nin, shield bash + rampart takes away 2 of it's aoe's, a good MDB set and your good. he doesn't last too long. I also killed him earlier with whm/pld/brd and I resisted his thundaga2 for 72 dmg no buffs and not in MDB set.
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-13 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lucried said:
Barbaric Weapon- attempted to solo and pld/dnc didnt go so well.
came back and rdm/nin attempted to dot kite/nuke seems immune or very resistant to both bind and grav. slow, paralyze, blind landed easily. ended up strait meleeing it took a good 30mins to kill but managed to kill no drop Y.Y pops G-8 east side of big rock on map along the little spine there.

He is VERY easy to kite if you go around the wall near his pop. I'd imagine he is immune to grav/bind as almost all the new nm's are. Another strategy is to have 2 dd's build tp off outside mobs and ws the nm, take turns kiting around the wall. or have a good pld kite while a dd ws's. He has rapid hate decay so at most the dd will have to kite for a few secs. /nin or gtfo because if someone else pulls hate he uses whirl of rage instantly. AOE dmg for 300-400 + stun = no thanks.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Mooshie
Server: Seraph
user: Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-13 15:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*!useless post alert!*

Found a third new nm in qufim island. However have forgot where. And its name. Im pacing round trying to figure out where it was. watch this space
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-13 15:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so i've been standing in the middle block of H-6 in Tahrongi Canyon for 3 hours with Wide Scan spamming. still dont see Herbage Hunter. I also spent 4 hours last night killing all the mobs and walking around.

amidoinitrite?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-11-13 16:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, in the Tegmine notes, It's Jubaku not Hojo :P. I only casted it twice tho so I can't really say if it's actually resistant or not...but my ninjutsu normally sticks on things that aren't resistant. Also, it's attack speed is not even close to that of Aquarius. Seemed like a normal crab speed to me...MAYBE a little bit faster.
 Seraph.Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-13 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Found another. Lode Golem. E-5 at Ro'Maeve. Didnt risk it as id been pwned by nms 3 times already today!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-13 16:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Mooshie said:
Found another. Lode Golem. E-5 at Ro'Maeve. Didnt risk it as id been pwned by nms 3 times already today!
That's a group of NMs for A Shantotto Ascension. They only drop a key item for one of the missions.

Edit: I can english good.
 Seraph.Mooshie
By Seraph.Mooshie 2009-11-13 17:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Seraph.Mooshie said:
That a group of NMs for A Shantotto Ascension. They only drop key item for a mission.

Curses. Robbing me of my find
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 19:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So~

But thats not what I find funny.

Its this
Quote:
Double Attack rate increases as HP decreases. For this reason, unable to soloed by a SMN as it ends up killing avatars far too quickly.

Proved him wrong.
 Ifrit.Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-13 19:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Clouse said:
so i've been standing in the middle block of H-6 in Tahrongi Canyon for 3 hours with Wide Scan spamming. still dont see Herbage Hunter. I also spent 4 hours last night killing all the mobs and walking around.

amidoinitrite?

8 Hours and i FINALLY got him.

I had to check a JP site, the info here is wrong.

Herbage Hunter

Tahrongi Canyon (G-5)

Lottery Spawn from the 2 Canyon Crawlers there. seems to be a high drop rate since the only 3 ppl i know to kill it are 1/1.

Edit: Habrok's info is right. 30-90 mins respawn at (F-11), pops during wind weather. those 2 nm's together drop some decent gear for lowbie jobs.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 20:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

CONFIRMED. It does drop something besides a lolwatercrystal :D
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-13 20:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
So~

But thats not what I find funny.

Its this
Quote:
Double Attack rate increases as HP decreases. For this reason, unable to soloed by a SMN as it ends up killing avatars far too quickly.

Proved him wrong.

Yeah I was looking at your SS and thought something was funny about it, but I couldn't pin it exactly, so I went to the NM page in wiki and saw that little comment about the SMN thing.

Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 21:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Yeah I was looking at your SS and thought something was funny about it, but I couldn't pin it exactly, so I went to the NM page in wiki and saw that little comment about the SMN thing.
I think I'm the first person to solo it too lol
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-13 21:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be, unless ... did you put the comment on wiki about it being soloable by SMN? someone did, so if you didn't apparently someone else did.

Edit: ok yeah you did lol, I didn't click the link thingy.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 21:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Could be, unless ... did you put the comment on wiki about it being soloable by SMN? someone did, so if you didn't apparently someone else did. Edit: ok yeah you did lol, I didn't click the link thingy.
yeah, that was me lol

Thing was, how many people killed it the first time?

That *** hits like a truck, and it double attacks alot, AND its ice spikes does a ***ton of damage.

PLUS, its immune to ice magic.

AND it rages slowly. Started out hitting all avatars for 150 damage each, then it went to 200 damage at about 30 minutes, then 300 damage at about an hour.

It capped at about 350 damage plus enblizzard though. took me 6 hours to kill it. Didn't die once though, although I came very close at the end (thank goodness it didn't double attack that hit it had on me lol)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-11-13 21:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if someone posted, last page's table didnt have this NM, and I didn't see it posted (i scanned)... But Kotan-kor Kamuy pops at Grauberg (S) at (G-7). Supposedly drops the new lullaby horn (Cradle Horn) but so far I am 0/1.

Has en-stun and hate seems to shift very often, though it did not seem to have a hate reset. Not that I could tell at least. Has En-stun and LOVES to spam Jettatura, which lasted 10+ seconds each time. /NIN is recommended for everyone since its hate shifted a lot for us. We killed as THF/NIN DRG/BLU RDM/NIN BLM/RDMx2 and PLD/NIN.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-13 21:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Could be, unless ... did you put the comment on wiki about it being soloable by SMN? someone did, so if you didn't apparently someone else did. Edit: ok yeah you did lol, I didn't click the link thingy.
yeah, that was me lol

Thing was, how many people killed it the first time?

That *** hits like a truck, and it double attacks alot, AND its ice spikes does a ***ton of damage.

PLUS, its immune to ice magic.

AND it rages slowly. Started out hitting all avatars for 150 damage each, then it went to 200 damage at about 30 minutes, then 300 damage at about an hour.

It capped at about 350 damage plus enblizzard though. took me 6 hours to kill it. Didn't die once though, although I came very close at the end (thank goodness it didn't double attack that hit it had on me lol)

Haha yeah I saw your heath.

6 hours though? jesus... at least you proved you could do it :)
 Sylph.Lyeria
Server: Sylph
user: Lyeria
By Sylph.Lyeria 2009-11-13 21:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye I can't see where anyone else mentioned this but in the Cape Teriggan party of your table the nm " Tegmine " where you put that this is resistant to the Nin spell " Hojo (Paralyze )" it is infact Jubaku that is paralyze, Not hojo.
 Gilgamesh.Seipheroth
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Seipheroth 2009-11-13 21:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Asura.Korpg said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
yeah, that was me lol Thing was, how many people killed it the first time? That *** hits like a truck, and it double attacks alot, AND its ice spikes does a ***ton of damage. PLUS, its immune to ice magic. AND it rages slowly. Started out hitting all avatars for 150 damage each, then it went to 200 damage at about 30 minutes, then 300 damage at about an hour. It capped at about 350 damage plus enblizzard though. took me 6 hours to kill it. Didn't die once though, although I came very close at the end (thank goodness it didn't double attack that hit it had on me lol)
Haha yeah I saw your heath. 6 hours though? jesus... at least you proved you could do it :)

It's too bad you didnt get the drop after alls of that trouble =/
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-13 21:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Seipheroth said:
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Haha yeah I saw your heath. 6 hours though? jesus... at least you proved you could do it :)
It's too bad you didnt get the drop after alls of that trouble =/
I know -.-

Anyone know what the drop is anyway? I saw a necklace that was still in confirm stage on wiki.
 Unicorn.Cycl
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Cycl 2009-11-13 22:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this a few pages back, but I cannot still find any info on Sortie Ring. Are there NM's left with no confirmed drops non-ASA related?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 22:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Cycl said:
I posted this a few pages back, but I cannot still find any info on Sortie Ring. Are there NM's left with no confirmed drops non-ASA related?
Yes there are ones with no confirmed drops on here and wiki too though the list do differ... neither here nor there seems to have found it though
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-14 03:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again everyone, for the corrections and contributions! This and the other thread will be locked in order to reroute all subsequent NM contributions to the new official thread that can be found HERE.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7