users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Ongo v20 help
Ongo v20 help
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2024-10-08 20:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a v20 run last night. With Gambit and Rayke, my MBs were only 50k and without between 15-25k. Used Grape +1 on 1st and on 2nd used a Crepe. What do I need to change? Led off with ES Burn. MB Stoneja, then MB Impact > Stone 5 > 6 > 4 as filler, repeat.
BLM ML50
Code
	sets.midcast.Impact = {
	    ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
        head=empty,
		body="Crepuscular Cloak",
        hands="Spae. Gloves +3",
        legs="Wicce Chausses +3",
        feet="Wicce Sabots +3",
        neck="Src. Stole +1",
        waist="Acuity Belt +1",
        ear1="Regal Earring",
        ear2="Wicce Earring +1",
        ring1="Stikini Ring +1",
        ring2="Metamor. Ring +1",
        back="Aurist's Cape +1",}
Code
	-- Gear for Magic Burst mode.
    sets.MagicBurst = {       --53MBB, 17MBBII    (43MBB if Quanpur Necklace swaps in)
	    main="Marin Staff +1",
	    sub="Enki Strap",
	    ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
	    head="Ea Hat +1",
	    body="Wicce Coat +3",        
	    hands="Wicce Gloves +3",
	    legs="Wicce Chausses +3",
	    feet="Wicce Sabots +3",
	    neck="Src. Stole +1", 
	    waist="Orpheus's Sash",
	    ear1="Malignance earring",
	    ear2="Static Earring",
	    ring1="Mujin Band",
	    ring2="Freke Ring",
	    back=gear.nuke_jse_back,}

sets.MagicBurst.MAcc      = set_combine(sets.MagicBurst,      {head="Wicce Petasos +3",ring1="Metamor. Ring +1",})             --46MBB, 10MBBII
	sets.MagicBurst.Resistant = set_combine(sets.MagicBurst.MAcc, {ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",sub="Khonsu",feet="Wicce Sabots +3",}) --38MBB, 10MBBII
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-08 20:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What were your buffs? Sandstorm II, Indi-INT, entrust Acumen, GEO-Malaise, double Etudes? Was this during EA/BOG/Bubbles? The good damage spikes come from syncing your nukes during the ideal time.

Quick glance at gear, you're likely getting nothing out of Orpheus's Sash due to the distance. Would swap to a Sacro Belt or R15 Acuity Belt +1. I use Agwu's Hands/Feet, but depends if yours is ranked. R15 Metamorph +1 is what I use over Mujin Band, but it might not be that big of a difference.

Realistically, I don't think your gear is bad really, and I don't necessarily think your nuke damage is remarkably low. The key is consistent flow of damage and hitting as hard as possible during Rayke/Subtle Sorcery/Bolster
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-08 20:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Waist will be changing to Obi because of weather, hopefully automatically in your lua, otherwise make sure that's being put into your set.

We use ES on Impact (to make it last longer) and then just ignore Burn most of the time. Note: Burn will land with SS up since it adds so much macc, make sure to do it (while MB window is closed) during Subtle.

In addition to what Buukki said, was SV Threnody II on? Should help very dramatically with resists, if any, that you see.

I also don't think those burst numbers are really out-of-ordinary, they're pretty decent. Seems like they need to make more SC, longer SC, the SCH needs to have a solid helix on, or there's some other factor missing here.

Most important part about Ongo fight at any vengeance is making sure to make lots of SC, make long SC, and make liberal use of Rayke, Gambit, use RD to get back Rayke/Gambit, Manafont/SS, WC to get all that ***back, then another RD. Those JA are KEY to keeping up consistently good damage for minutes at a time.

Also make sure that those JA are all DOWN before you do anything else (buffing, running in for resets, etc.) because you want to make full use of their windows.
[+]
By Veydal1 2024-10-08 20:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. The difference maker is going to be buffs / debuffs. Make sure you're maximizing your Rayke windows as well. Ensuring your getting as much dmg out while Rayke is up is essential to clearing as efficiently as possible. Your gear is fine. It's going to come down to execution. Take advantage of Gambit / Rayke & extend SCs. Resetting Gambit / Rayke with RD / WC. Your RUN should avoid using any JAs other than Gambit / Rayke so they can be reset by COR.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-10-08 20:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

just to back up pretty much everything Buukki says and compact it into one thought: modern Endgame is shaping up to be more INT-focused, whereas Escha-era was very Macc-leaning, and prior to that MAB was the hard stat to get enough of. So when in doubt in terms of gear choices nowadays, it's often best to default to the choice with better INT.

Another harsh fact for some groups to face on v20+ Ongo is that everyone is going to have to carry their weight. Your GEO and SCH, or whatever mix of 2 other bursters your setup has, are going to need to be able to consistently deal damage of high value, too. With the insane Regens seen on the higher vengeance Ongos, a single BLM isn't going to do enough even if ML50 and perfectly geared.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-08 21:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Waist will be changing to Obi because of weather, hopefully automatically in your lua, otherwise make sure that's being put into your set.

I don't know why my brain melted and forgot about Obi, this is the better waist slot option.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
Server: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2024-10-08 21:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though you didn't post it, make sure your fast cast is at 80% without a sub job. Being able to get in as many nukes as possible makes a big difference as well. I personally don't use any instant cast gear for this fight. I did use Impact a few times, but even with ES it doesn't last long so I didn't think it's effects were worth the MP consumption. Utilize all your JA's when you can. After 75% when you get a big Rayke in, go all out. Use Manafont, just hit those MBs try to get 2-3 depending on what tiers are in the volley. Then when all is said and done, hope you get your SP abilities back with WC.

Only other upgrade advice I can give is BLM mythic and focus on Agwu's Gages augmenting first, then Agwu's Pigaches. The Magic Burst Damage + I believe will carry you farther than just MAB.

The big part over all is all luck. As someone said above as well, everyone has to carry their weight on these fights. Which negative aura you get, does you COR get that 6 WC along with getting his WC back, etc.

I know friends that over a year ago were 7+ months on trying to take down V25 T-Rex and their gear for those fights were capped on current augments at the time. SE made this contents life span have longevity by shear RNG.
[+]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2024-10-08 22:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@all, ya my obi autoswaps d/t sch storm
 Quetzalcoatl.Carste
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Carste 2024-10-08 22:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Antonioklaus said: »
MB Impact
ES+Manawell Impact outside of the burst windows. RD and WC should reset the JAs so you can have the INT down nearly full time. Can sneak an Impact during Subtle Sorcery if needed. You don't want to waste any part of the rayke/gambit windows with non-earth bursts.

Some things to consider for your team:
Are you continuously doing 4 step SCs?
rayke/gambit getting reset every RD/WC, or is the RUN doing too much before RD?
Does the SCH maintain 10k helix and bursting respectable numbers?
Is the COR using empyrean feet on earth shot and timing before your biggest nukes?
[+]