ATTN: Smokers, I Have A Question.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Drteeth
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-08 14:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
[Thing with smoking is that some people go out their way of getting a freaking cig. So desperate that it's pathetic. Drinking and smoking are different things. Smoking doesn't affect someone like drinking can. And it's a nr.1 turnoff on chicks for me. Completely grosses me out when I get a smoke smelling breath in my face.

Idk where u ger ur facts but drinking and smoking can kill u. Addiction plays a big factor im smoking, i did it for 8yrs and quit in 2 days. So dont go blaming ppl becasue these companies lie to u and sell u dangerous and addictive substance. I sure in the hell didnt know the serious danger when i started, didnt even have any of the warnings they have now.

See, people like you are what's wrong in this discussion.

You THINK it wouldn't effect you physically when you light tobacco on fire and INHALE a fume throughout your body? GET REAL MAN.

Read what he actually typed. Bolded for idiots.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Look again. There are plenty of long term negative affects.
Scientifically, there's not. Caffiene can act as a catalyst towards other conditions or illnesses, but the average healthy adult will not get any long term effects from drinking loads of coffee.

"In large amounts, and especially over extended periods of time, caffeine can lead to a condition known as caffeinism. Caffeinism usually combines caffeine dependency with a wide range of unpleasant physical and mental conditions including nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching (hyperreflexia), insomnia, headaches, respiratory alkalosis, and heart palpitations.Furthermore, because caffeine increases the production of stomach acid, high usage over time can lead to peptic ulcers, erosive esophagitis, and gastroesophageal reflux disease.

There are four caffeine-induced psychiatric disorders recognized by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition: caffeine intoxication, caffeine-induced anxiety disorder, caffeine-induced sleep disorder, and caffeine-related disorder not otherwise specified (NOS)."

That is just the long term. It does all kinds of negative stuff and withdrawal can do all kinds of ***such as impairing short term memory and large amounts can lead to some rather interesting OD symptoms.
"It may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation. In cases of much larger overdoses, mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, disinhibition, delusions, hallucinations, and psychosis may occur, and rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue) can be provoked"

Also death but really that's pretty hard to do from just drinking coffee/tea etc.

Link please!
 Bismarck.Narayan
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Narayan 2009-11-08 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I smoke because my real parents got killed, so during adolescency I got into drugs so it was driven by MY issue (sort of rediculous to say someone else got you into smoking when you inhaled it orally first in example). I can't really stand those addicted to pot though, it kinda shows a part of their maturity where it's like, "i'm gonna get drunk to potatoes & grape juice" without waiting for the fermentation. Smoking is still a choice as well as drinking but i'm getting baptised in Dec. so I just do it before then. There are ways that get people off the harmful substances without the need for comfort or such and pretty much my more untapped faith in the profound is getting me off it.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:

You THINK it wouldn't effect you physically when you light tobacco on fire and INHALE a fume throughout your body? GET REAL MAN.(Disregard this post if you started smoking when you were 5, every human being above this age should have the logic to understand that fumes throughout your body is harmful)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Link please!

Lol that's just the stuff I can pull up quickly from wiki which of course has its hundreds of links too.
[+]
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-11-08 14:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPew
and
pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
and
pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-08 14:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:

You THINK it wouldn't effect you physically when you light tobacco on fire and INHALE a fume throughout your body? GET REAL MAN.(Disregard this post if you started smoking when you were 5, every human being above this age should have the logic to understand that fumes throughout your body is harmful)

You don't know how old he/she is. Back in the day nobody thought it would have adverse affects. ***, people still drink FAR more than they smoke, and that is much worse.

Please don't get high and mighty with people in this thread. Like someone stated on the first page, this is gonna get moved to flame core, and the OP is gonna be the one to put it there.

Edit: It almost seems like you started this thread just so you can talk down to us smokers. I hope that's not the case.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Xdudemanx said:
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPew and pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew and pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew

Hmmmm good point
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-08 14:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:

Why do u post when u have no idea what ur talking about? I love how ppl who have never done it know everything.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 14:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

why have sex ? why eat unhealthy foods ?
because it can make people feel good and there is such a varying degree to giving a ***about consequence, simple as that. if you want to smoke and dont care about when/if/how you die ? more power to you. if your scared of death, or just dont want to ever even try a cigarette for whatever reasons? ***, your cool too. who cares what anyone does as long as its not hurting anything to do with you i say.

just out of curiosity, why do you ask ?
i hope not a "why do you people smoke cigarettes when its 2010 and all the evidence shows they cause lung disease and etc" type reason.. pot btw, would definitely count too if thats the case >.>
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 14:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:

You don't know how old he/she is. Back in the day nobody thought it would have adverse affects. ***, people still drink FAR more than they smoke, and that is much worse.

He/she types too much like a teenage girl to be from the time when they had Doctors on posters saying "Camel's are what I smoke!"
Either way the first time you take a drag, you start coughing and gagging it out until your face turns red should be the first warning sign "a durrr this cant be good for you"
Unless you are also part of the group of people that thought McDonalds was good for you until that movie came out.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-08 14:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.

Okay. Shoot.

User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 14:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
why have sex?

(safe)Sexercise is healthy for you xD
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:

Please don't get high and mighty with people in this thread. Like someone stated on the first page, this is gonna get moved to flame core, and the OP is gonna be the one to put it there.

Drinking and smoking are completely different situations. With drinking it depends on the person. The behaviour involving the two things completely differ.(Usually people don't even drink throughout the week, only weekends) And generally every smoker, has cigarettes every day, the WHOLE day. I don't know what planet you habit, but I surely don't know people that consume alcohol 24/7. Those kind of people are usually in a clinic.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-08 14:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:

He/she types too much like a teenage girl to be from the time when they had Doctors on posters saying "Camel's are what I smoke!"
Either way the first time you take a drag, you start coughing and gagging it out until your face turns red should be the first warning sign "a durrr this cant be good for you"
Unless you are also part of the group of people that thought McDonalds was good for you until that movie came out.

I'm mainly responding to the OP's desire to belittle those who smoke, like it's his right to tell them they're stupid for doing something they enjoy.

Like I said, there are far worse things you can do to your body to get the same affect smoking has. Please analyze yourself before telling smokers they're idiots.

PS, I can't stand it when fat people tell me how bad smoking is for my health. Are they 4srs?
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Link please!

Lol that's just the stuff I can pull up quickly from wiki which of course has its hundreds of links too.

Well in fairness, just because something's on Wiki, doesn't mean it's true. I trust my old science professor more than Wiki because I know he's not an idiot.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
why have sex?

Scientifically, to reproduce.

Personally, because it's a human instinct that makes me feel good.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
why have sex?

Fact. There are numerous health benefits.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
who cares what anyone does as long as its not hurting anything to do with you i say.

I care, because I don't want to breath your smoke in. Smoking doesn't just harm the smoking, it harms those around them as well.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said:
Why do u post when u have no idea what ur talking about? I love how ppl who have never done it know everything.

So you're saying smoking fumes going through your body isn't harmful?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-08 14:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:

I can't stand it when fat people tell me how bad smoking is for my health. Are they 4srs?

It's the mentality that you are born fat and it cant be fixed.
But yeah fat people are starting to get kicked to the corner like smokers are.(fat fee on airliners, no fat people at buffets etc.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-11-08 14:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

1st u dont know now ur an expert. Why do u post here then criticize everyones response? If u wanna know so badly pick up a *** book or go to a web site and READ.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:
I can't stand it when fat people tell me how bad smoking is for my health. Are they 4srs?
It's the mentality that you are born fat and it cant be fixed. But yeah fat people are starting to get kicked to the corner like smokers are.(fat fee on airliners, no fat people at buffets etc.)

Wait what no fat people at buffets? But those like cater to fat people lame.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
why have sex?

Because I love her and she loves me and we enjoy it and it makes the two of us feel good. Can you say the same about ciggarretes?
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-08 14:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Drteeth said:
I'm mainly responding to the OP's desire to belittle those who smoke, like it's his right to tell them they're stupid for doing something they enjoy.

I admit. I enjoy seeing some of my co-workers going outside for a smoke during lunch break when it's 10 degrees under freezing point.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2009-11-08 14:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
why have sex?

hah, if your only ever *** the same person forever and ever, and granted they to are ONLY ever *** you likewise, sure maybe. otherwise your taking a risk every single time, idc how safe/smart you think you are.

my original point still stands, people do it for whatever reasons because they want to, paired with not everyone has the same comprehension of consequences.
[+]
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-08 14:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Shiva.Drteeth said:

Drinking and smoking are completely different situations. With drinking it depends on the person. The behaviour involving the two things completely differ.(Usually people don't even drink throughout the week, only weekends) And generally every smoker, has cigarettes every day, the WHOLE day. I don't know what planet you habit, but I surely don't know people that consume alcohol 24/7. Those kind of people are usually in a clinic.

And for a non-smoker, you sure do assume you know a lot about it. No, some people don't drink every day. Some people don't SMOKE every day. I have a friend who ONLY has a cigarette if he's in a very social setting, maybe at the end of the week. And even then he smokes about half a cigarette, puts it out, and is done for the night.

Drinking and smoking PERIOD are bad for you. A drinker telling a smoker they're stupid is hypocritical. A fat person telling a drinker they're stupid is hypocritical. A drug addict telling a fat person they're stupid is hypocritical.

Analyze yourself, and really think hard about this, to find out if you do anything that may be detrimental to your health. Please, don't insult anyone giving their opinions on the question YOU asked.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-08 14:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
hah, if your only ever *** the same person forever and ever, and granted they to are ONLY ever *** you likewise, sure maybe. otherwise your taking a risk every single time, idc how safe/smart you think you are.

my original point still stands, people do it for whatever reasons because they want to, paired with not everyone has the same comprehension of consequences.

Ever heard of a condom? Or maybe just not sleeping with something just because it wears a skirt?
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-08 14:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea smoking is bad for you and others around you but look back to the beginning of the century and you'll realize just how much it has declined, there was such a high % of people that smoked and today? It's nothing in comparison really, not to mention the ban in smoking in public places.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-08 14:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Link please!
Well in fairness, just because something's on Wiki, doesn't mean it's true. I trust my old science professor more than Wiki because I know he's not an idiot.

Check the links on it then. Plenty of studies on it... just saw like 3 in a row saying it increasing chance of misscarraige. Also is your old science prof up to date on it? And is he an addict? Ask a doctor. The affects of withdrawal have been out for a long time.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11