ATTN: Smokers, I Have A Question.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
ATTN: Smokers, I have a question.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-10 18:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah blah smoking still fails
 Asura.Kiowa
Server: Asura
user: Kiowa
By Asura.Kiowa 2009-11-10 23:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
that was the biggest waste of wall space.. ever!

but you still read it didn't you, you little turd licker lol
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-11-11 00:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The only way smokers can ever justify the fact that tobacco affects people around them is by comparing their habit to other things that are comparatively worse. More people die from this than this, etc.

"Hey, it's bad, but it's not that bad in comparison to this or that."

It doesn't prove anything, except that you're in denial.

When I'm waiting in line for the bus and I know if I get off that line, I'll miss the next bus... and some ***hole lights a cigarette in front of me, literally forcing me to smoke it with him (unless I leave), it's pretty hard to me to accept the idea that telling this guy to *** off is "threatening his freedom to smoke". This ***happened to me hundreds of times. It's just plain annoying. Are you saying I should stop using public transportation? Is this what freedom is about?

Smoking in public should require that you wait in line, smoke your ***inside a specifically designed cabin. Otherwise, it affects me, and it shouldn't.
[+]
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Server: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-11-11 01:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

OK.. all you people wanting smokers to die, etc, etc. Why? Why do you care? Oh ok it smells bad to some people. /cry /cry.

I dont understand this thread, but then again i accept peoples right to do what they want to themselves and there right to do it. I have never met someone in real life that says the kind of stuff people are saying here. Maybe thats cause your not out in real life your living in your internet caccoon of denial.. IDK

Sorry to offend anyone, but i accept your right to opinions. Carry on haters
 Unicorn.Uematsu
Server: Unicorn
user: uematsi
By Unicorn.Uematsu 2009-11-11 01:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
The only way smokers can ever justify the fact that tobacco affects people around them is by comparing their habit to other things that are comparatively worse. More people die from this than this, etc.

"Hey, it's bad, but it's not that bad in comparison to this or that."

It doesn't prove anything, except that you're in denial.

When I'm waiting in line for the bus and I know if I get off that line, I'll miss the next bus... and some ***hole lights a cigarette in front of me, literally forcing me to smoke it with him (unless I leave), it's pretty hard to me to accept the idea that telling this guy to *** off is "threatening his freedom to smoke". This ***happened to me hundreds of times. It's just plain annoying. Are you saying I should stop using public transportation? Is this what freedom is about?

Smoking in public should require that you wait in line, smoke your ***inside a specifically designed cabin. Otherwise, it affects me, and it shouldn't.

Sir/Madamm- get a car.

That is all.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-11 01:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:

You're letting it affect you negatively. Quit crying, and stop bitching about everything not going your way. If you want everyone to conform to how -YOU- want things, you might want to invent a time machine so you can travel to the past and take the place of Hitler. Then things might go your way. But hopefully your self-important views die out just like he did.

In other words, get over yourself. You're not the only one in public, thus why it's named that.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-11-11 01:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
In other words, get over yourself. You're not the only one in public, thus why it's named that.

I have trouble breathing when there is cigarette smoke around. It's a health issue, not an issue of me being a self-important *** who just can't wait to breathe my precious air. A lot of people have asthma or other breathing problems that are impossible to know about until you've already lit a cigarette and put their health in danger.

It's a matter of respect. There's a lot of ***I could get away with in public but that doesn't make it okay.
 Hades.Caspin
Server: Hades
user: Caspin
By Hades.Caspin 2009-11-11 02:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

OK you guys lucked out I wrote a good rant and lost it..... Main point is Its Not a Health Issue, Its a Right, Just Like Its Your Right To *** About It.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcibsUqN2A&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5nKncVwYw&feature=related
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-11 04:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:

I have trouble breathing when there is cigarette smoke around. It's a health issue, not an issue of me being a self-important *** who just can't wait to breathe my precious air. A lot of people have asthma or other breathing problems that are impossible to know about until you've already lit a cigarette and put their health in danger.

It's a matter of respect. There's a lot of ***I could get away with in public but that doesn't make it okay.

I can understand your point of view, my reply was to the guy I quoted who was just bitching because they can. I've said before that I attempt to be courteous when smoking around others. I usually separate myself, but if someone's going to be complete asshat, I couldn't care less if they have asthma or not. They're going to choke just because they don't know how to be polite. And then throwing the stereotype on EVERY smoker is just sad. It's along the same lines as racism. Just as we know that not every black person loves fried chicken and watermelon (despite that a LOT of them actually do, for the lulz), we know that not every smoker is a complete douche like some of the anti-smokers in this thread. Where you do have the right to whine about it, if you knew how to be polite when addressing the person smoking, you might get some results.
[+]
 Fairy.Bryenne
Server: Fairy
user: Byrne
By Fairy.Bryenne 2009-11-11 06:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
The only way smokers can ever justify the fact that tobacco affects people around them is by comparing their habit to other things that are comparatively worse. More people die from this than this, etc. "Hey, it's bad, but it's not that bad in comparison to this or that." It doesn't prove anything, except that you're in denial.

The only one trying to PROVE anything seems to be you. I am not in denial, and I do compare smoking to other things that are generally bad for our health. Not to justify my smoking habit, cause there is absolutely no need to justify it in the first place, but to merely point out that LIVING is gonna get you killed. Can't prevent every single risk to your health, and frankly, why the hell would you want that.

Quote:
When I'm waiting in line for the bus and I know if I get off that line, I'll miss the next bus... and some ***hole lights a cigarette in front of me, literally forcing me to smoke it with him (unless I leave)

Smoking is not an excuse to be an ***, nor is every smoker one.

Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-24 11:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this bread.
 Lakshmi.Allusion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Allusion
By Lakshmi.Allusion 2009-11-24 12:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i smoke
A. because i like it
B. because i'm addicted
C. to get me the *** away from people that stupid *** question

If you ask the question and have never smoked a cig or been addicted you don't deserve an answer because truth be told you can't understand. and honestly i don't care what you do why the *** do you care if I or other people smoke? If you have a problem with someone smoking by you and you are outside.... *** MOVE AWAY. There are loads of smoke free places in the world the area around me(my space bubble) happens to be a smoking section. So what you can take away from my post is that the answer to your question is simple so simple that you shouldn't even need to ask the question. just to clear things up incase you didn't understand. people smoke because they want to and they *** like it.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-11-24 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

asking someone why they smoke is like asking someone why they play ffxi
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-11-24 12:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

K I'll be back after thanksgiving.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 13:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

God this lame ***is still going?

I'm gonna go sue some non-smokers for infringing my civil rights.

I'm no longer allowed to exercise my right to smoke in public.
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Caspin said:
OK you guys lucked out I wrote a good rant and lost it..... Main point is Its Not a Health Issue, Its a Right, Just Like Its Your Right To *** About It. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcibsUqN2A&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5nKncVwYw&feature=related

It is a health issue. A very big one. Your a moron if you think smoking is not a health issue to everyone. You smoke near me... we are both smoking now. Anyone who disputes this fact as different are totally WRONG, and will never be right. The same smoke that is going into your lungs if i enhale it, it goes into mine. Regardless if it has the same chemicals in it or not, it still carries with it the harmful things, and is still smoke. If im burning a barrel of trash and stand over it and enhale vs. stanging 10 feet over it enhaling, its still enhaling smoke. Same goes for cig smoke, if i enhale yours, im smoking, just not in the same frequency as you and volume.

Im all for the right to smoke, but i also have the right not to be near you if you smoke. Thats why im all for the non-smoking restaurants / stores law going around now in most states.

Before smokers start saying "well if you dont like it leave". Its not our problem you smoke, we dont want to smoke with you, your the ones that want to smoke, thus thats why you should leave. Thus thats why the law is correcting it this way.

Same goes for any other logical situation. If the public things i shouldn't be doing something in public, and it effects them, i would gladly leave and do it somewhere else. I certainly wouldn't say "if you dont like it leave" because you cant always just "leave" and sometimes the smoke blows your way.

Ending:(For those w/ A.D.D)If you want to smoke, more power to you. Do it somewhere else, Its your dependance on it, not mine. Dont let your smoking effect my health or my life.
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
God this lame ***is still going? I'm gonna go sue some non-smokers for infringing my civil rights. I'm no longer allowed to exercise my right to smoke in public.

Your a moron and you clearly didn't read our civil rights at all. You HAVE the right to smoke, because its legal. You do NOT have a right to smoke in public.

It doesn't mean you have the right to do whatever u want, whenever you want. It means you can do it, but as long as it doesn't effect someone else's health or well being.

You can just as easily find a place to smoke that doesn't make us smoke with you. Its your dependancy, not ours. Get over it.

Having sex is legal, but having sex in public isn't. Same goes for anything else. Including drinking. Are you gonna argue to a cop that your gonna sue him because you have the right to drink alchohol wherever you want? Including your car?

He's gonna say your a moron and its only true if it doesn't effect others.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 13:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Volume said:
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
God this lame ***is still going? I'm gonna go sue some non-smokers for infringing my civil rights. I'm no longer allowed to exercise my right to smoke in public.
Your a moron and you clearly didn't read our civil rights at all. You HAVE the right to smoke, because its legal. You do NOT have a right to smoke in public. It doesn't mean you have the right to do whatever u want, whenever you want. It means you can do it, but as long as it doesn't effect someone else's health or well being. You can just as easily find a place to smoke that doesn't make us smoke with you. Its your dependancy, not ours. Get over it. Having sex is legal, but having sex in public isn't. Same goes for anything else. Including drinking. Are you gonna argue to a cop that your gonna sue him because you have the right to drink alchohol wherever you want? Including your car? He's gonna say your a moron and its only true if it doesn't effect others.

Lol you're such a tool.

If you're gonna say it this way then please stay away from fast food, sit-in restaraunts and refrain from anything else that can affect your health in a negative way. If you don't then you're calling the kettle black.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-11-24 13:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Volume said:
Hades.Caspin said:
OK you guys lucked out I wrote a good rant and lost it..... Main point is Its Not a Health Issue, Its a Right, Just Like Its Your Right To *** About It. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKcibsUqN2A&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y5nKncVwYw&feature=related
It is a health issue. A very big one. Your a moron if you think smoking is not a health issue to everyone. You smoke near me... we are both smoking now. Anyone who disputes this fact as different are totally WRONG, and will never be right. The same smoke that is going into your lungs if i enhale it, it goes into mine. Regardless if it has the same chemicals in it or not, it still carries with it the harmful things, and is still smoke. If im burning a barrel of trash and stand over it and enhale vs. stanging 10 feet over it enhaling, its still enhaling smoke. Same goes for cig smoke, if i enhale yours, im smoking, just not in the same frequency as you and volume. Im all for the right to smoke, but i also have the right not to be near you if you smoke. Thats why im all for the non-smoking restaurants / stores law going around now in most states. Before smokers start saying "well if you dont like it leave". Its not our problem you smoke, we dont want to smoke with you, your the ones that want to smoke, thus thats why you should leave. Thus thats why the law is correcting it this way. Same goes for any other logical situation. If the public things i shouldn't be doing something in public, and it effects them, i would gladly leave and do it somewhere else. I certainly wouldn't say "if you dont like it leave" because you cant always just "leave" and sometimes the smoke blows your way. Ending:(For those w/ A.D.D)If you want to smoke, more power to you. Do it somewhere else, Its your dependance on it, not mine. Dont let your smoking effect my health or my life.

It should be INhale not ENhale and AFFect my life not EFFect.

If you must have a rant at smokers at least make it literate.

There are way more non-smoking areas worldwide than there are areas for smokers.In the UK there is a complete ban on smoking in all public buildings and workplaces,to the extent that delivery drivers are not allowed to smoke in their vehicles.All bars and restaurants are non-smoking here too.
[+]
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

God you guys are morons. Your arguement(see above post) is stupid and moronic. Your talking about personal choice vs. what effects others. If i were to eat fast food, unless i go around shoving it down people's faces it wont effect thier lives at all.

But if i smoke around 100 people, at least some of them are smoking off me.

I never said i wasn't pro-choice. Its just null in void if your choice effects others. Same reason why most jobs are illegal. They aren't illegal because they kill, They are illegal because they make people do things to others(steal, kill, ruin the streets etc.)

If your gonna have an arguement at all with me lilbusta, at least think about what you say before you say it.

Your example was stupid, your talking about food(which in no way effects people around you, only you) vs. airborne contaminants.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-24 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The name calling isn't necessary, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Please refrain from putting ppl down because one objects an opinion etc.

[+]
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
It should be INhale not ENhale and AFFect my life not EFFect. If you must have a rant at smokers at least make it literate. There are way more non-smoking areas worldwide than there are areas for smokers.In the UK there is a complete ban on smoking in all public buildings and workplaces,to the extent that delivery drivers are not allowed to smoke in their vehicles.All bars and restaurants are non-smoking here too.

It comes down to health of others. If your choice effects others health then its wrong. We dont smoke, we shouldn't have to alter our lifestyle to adapt to your bad choices. Thats like people loitering around places and asking for money everyday all day and argueing they have the right to ask for money wherever they want, whenever they want, and to whoever. But the owner of the place doesn't want them on thier property. Same goes for smoking near people who dont want it.

Example: if im already somewhere, and you come sit next to me or around me and start smoking, i feel i shouldn't have to move for you, i was there before you. If you want to smoke do it somewhere else. However, i also do feel if i go into a smoking bar, and i dont like it, i should leave. Im not gonna sit there and tell everyone or the owner that it should be non-smoking bar.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 13:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Volume said:
God you guys are morons. Your arguement(see above post) is stupid and moronic. Your talking about personal choice vs. what effects others. If i were to eat fast food, unless i go around shoving it down people's faces it wont effect thier lives at all. But if i smoke around 100 people, at least some of them are smoking off me. I never said i wasn't pro-choice. Its just null in void if your choice effects others. Same reason why most jobs are illegal. They aren't illegal because they kill, They are illegal because they make people do things to others(steal, kill, ruin the streets etc.) If your gonna have an arguement at all with me lilbusta, at least think about what you say before you say it. Your example was stupid, your talking about food(which in no way effects people around you, only you) vs. airborne contaminants.

It does affect others. I don't like going out in public to see "heavy" people *** and moan about them getting fat from fast food. If those people sued and won against the fast food industry then the window is open to fight against stupid smoking bans because nonsmokers can't mind their business/ignore public places that are notoriously known for smokers to be at. Right now you inhale just as much deadly chemicals known to be carcinogens, but do we see that stuff being banned? So while you're out enjoying the nice air outside just remember you're not any safer than you are passing some person on the street that's smoking.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-11-24 13:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't have the problem of having to leave any bar in the UK because of smokers,as I said before, it is illegal to smoke in ALL public buildings here.Private members clubs are the only places excluded from this law.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-24 13:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, Volume has a valid point, even if he doesn't word/convey it very well... Everyone has the right to make their own decisions for their health.

If I had my way, smoking would only be allowed in designated areas far from the general public. Many states/cities have banned smoking in public buildings like bars/restaurants/etc. and I feel that's definitely a step in the right direction. No one else wants to smell/inhale your cigarette smoke or be negatively affected by it. Sure, one breath of smoke won't give you cancer or any serious medical problems, but... When you're smoking around others, you ARE forcing your choice on them whether you want to admit it or not.

And like others have said... It is NOT the same as drinking alcohol, eating fatty/unhealthy foods, etc.. Those life choices do NOT affect anyone around you directly. Your actions 'after' consuming alcohol could, but the smoking is a direct affect.
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Volume said:
God you guys are morons. Your arguement(see above post) is stupid and moronic. Your talking about personal choice vs. what effects others. If i were to eat fast food, unless i go around shoving it down people's faces it wont effect thier lives at all. But if i smoke around 100 people, at least some of them are smoking off me. I never said i wasn't pro-choice. Its just null in void if your choice effects others. Same reason why most jobs are illegal. They aren't illegal because they kill, They are illegal because they make people do things to others(steal, kill, ruin the streets etc.) If your gonna have an arguement at all with me lilbusta, at least think about what you say before you say it. Your example was stupid, your talking about food(which in no way effects people around you, only you) vs. airborne contaminants.
It does affect others. I don't like going out in public to see "heavy" people *** and moan about them getting fat from fast food. If those people sued and won against the fast food industry then the window is open to fight against stupid smoking bans because nonsmokers can't mind their business/ignore public places that are notoriously known for smokers to be at. Right now you inhale just as much deadly chemicals known to be carcinogens, but do we see that stuff being banned? So while you're out enjoying the nice air outside just remember you're not any safer than you are passing some person on the street that's smoking.

Thats not even remotely the same situation. The law only protects health concerns vs. people not wanting to be around it. They will never win a law suit involving fast food vs. you not wanting to see them eat.

Lets recap for the people obviously not reading at all(see above^):
Eating fast food around others = only you get unhealthy.
Smoking around others = you make them smoke.

Same thing? Ask Lilbusta, he seems to think so!

Also @ lilbusta, your probably one of those people that walk around going I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, ITS THE FKIN CONSTITUTION IT SAYS I CAN!

And you would be completely wrong. You can do whatever you want as long as its not against the law and as long as it doesn't effect the health of others.

Please for god sakes before you post an arguement about our civil rights vs. this thread, at least read over it a little bit.
By Volume 2009-11-24 13:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
Tbh, Volume has a valid point, even if he doesn't word/convey it very well... Everyone has the right to make their own decisions for their health. If I had my way, smoking would only be allowed in designated areas far from the general public. Many states/cities have banned smoking in public buildings like bars/restaurants/etc. and I feel that's definitely a step in the right direction. No one else wants to smell/inhale your cigarette smoke or be negatively affected by it. Sure, one breath of smoke won't give you cancer or any serious medical problems, but... When you're smoking around others, you ARE forcing your choice on them whether you want to admit it or not. And like others have said... It is NOT the same as drinking alcohol, eating fatty/unhealthy foods, etc.. Those life choices do NOT affect anyone around you directly. Your actions 'after' consuming alcohol could, but the smoking is a direct affect.

Yea, english is not my first language so i missspell some words sometimes, but thank you, and i totally agree with you about myself lol
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-24 14:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol This is too much fun.

Smoking around others doesn't force them to inhale your smoke. They could move to somewhere else. They could be polite and ask for the smoker to not smoke, but I sure would tell them to screw off if they chose to be around me after I was already in place.

Let's go make fossil fuels illegal since they force us to inhale toxic, cancer causing fumes too.
Seems like a logical thing to do since everything is forced on us because we chose to put ourselves in the position to inhale them to begin with.
By Volume 2009-11-24 23:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Your the one that said lets ban fast food because you dont want to see people and now you think your the logical one saying the arguement above? Your still an idiot in your views on this.

It does force them to enhale your smoke, you can't say when you exhale it wont go over to them. And once again for the last time, yes they can move, but its not thier bad habit, its yours. Go smoke somewhere else. If you think your views are superior then go become a senator or something that will change the views, for now the views have shifted towards my end.
 Asura.Folant
Server: Asura
user: Folant
By Asura.Folant 2009-11-26 04:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like smoking. You don't, so? I do.

Don't like the smell? Close the fish monger in the middle of the market square.

Worried about your health? Campaign to get cars off the road in favour of bicycles.

Until you do that, leave us alone. >.<
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11