First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-23 14:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
A lot of this RD discourse hinges on the COR having a merit in Loaded Deck to begin with.

Depends how much of his gear/clears the COR bought.
[+]
By Seun 2024-09-23 15:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I am bad at the youtube.

tl;dw
Why new players should be playing with other new players.
By Zehira 2024-09-23 15:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
tl;dw
Why new players should be playing with other new players.

Video link doesn't work.

But definitely PS for them.
By Seun 2024-09-23 15:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
But definitely PS for them.

PS isn't any different. We already know all of the things that new players would otherwise be compelled to discover and explore with other new players.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-23 15:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm just not used to that caliber of player anymore. I only log on to get my hole plowed by a dragon and his 2 babies anyway.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-23 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast you've moved on from getting your hole plowed to the sounds of "I am groot"
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-23 15:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked paying attention when I played games instead of "MAtk aura? Macc aura? Fetters? I rolled a 4? Rdm put his finger in the outlet with out drying his hands....oh we lost."
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-23 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Vic, your entire post screams "I am on Asura". It should serve as a warning to all new players - do not go to Asura.

I'd explain why, but just read your post intead.

Yep, Dodik, you nailed it—I’m on Asura, LOL. And I totally agree with you, 100%. If you have a close-knit group of friends on a smaller server, it’s probably better to stay there.

I originally just came over to get my Godhands with my MNK and play some Ambuscade for a month, then planned to head back to Cat’s Eye with my friends, haha.

But things went random. I got invited to a LS. On the first run, due to a party swap mistake, they went in without me. A few days later, the leader messaged me like, "Hey, sorry about that. Want to join us for Dyn?" I assumed he invited me out of pity—my MNK was ML0, Godhands were R0.

Back in 2019, I was more of a romantic. My beloved LS, filled with people I’ve known since 2006, invited me to Dynamis-Divergence when it was brand-new content, and, of course, I accepted like an idiot, all hyped up, with my rusty, retired WAR at 350 JPs. The run went terribly for me. I couldn’t even pull 5% of the damage that Peacekeeper did, and for me, it was a major "humiliation."

In 2019, I did everything "by the book." I farmed 2,100 JPs solo with Trusts, farmed gil—all the "ethical" way. But I ended up completely burned out, quickly gearing my SCH and WAR without buying gil or using RMT for leveling. Unfortunately, after a month, I left my LS because I didn’t want to be a "burden" to them. That’s why this time, when I got a second chance, I decided to be more "ruthless" and use all the tools at my disposal to progress quickly.

Por ser un pendejo ético y romántico en 2019, I missed the chance to play one last time with the LS I had spent my whole life with, my friends (Kuz) and others, because I couldn't perform optimally. In the new LS, things are going well, and my performance is "decent

Here's a parse from my latest Dyn-D run, applying the concepts I mentioned in my previous post. In just one month, I went from doing 2M-3M per run to this! The weapons i used was Chango-R15, Ukkon-R15 and Shining-one. Not "Naegling"—I dislike that weapon and only use it for Segment-C farming.

[+]
 Bahamut.Academic
Server: Bahamut
user: Sevu
By Bahamut.Academic 2024-09-24 02:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so, you caved in and became a whale, what point are you trying to prove? I must be dumb cause I don't get it.
[+]
By Seun 2024-09-24 04:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's saying gil wins the parse, if anyone was ever confused about that lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-24 04:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant he got enough money to have "ethical" romance in between LS members.

But that ethical romance involves humiliation regarding his "shining one", so he went to solo with his "goodhands"
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Server: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-09-24 05:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he has a problem and found a solution to his problem that some might not like, personally idc, didn’t and will not affect my gameplay.

He has a big mouth, so what ain’t we all. I just hope he enjoy his entertainment money.

Most XI players enjoy their community of players and a chat on discord, I hope he’s entertaining.

Game come and game goes
By Dodik 2024-09-24 05:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, no one needs unsolicited pictures of your parse.

Or your penis for that matter.

Shining example of what not to be.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-09-24 05:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so much for sarcasm.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-09-24 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Winning a parse means very little. Nobody is handing out gold medals (irl) for doing x-amount of damage in Dynamis. The only time a parse matters is when a DD is doing much less than they should be, and that’s only if it becomes a pattern. Help them to improve so the average damage of the group increases.

I have parsed first many times, but I feel zero pride in that. When 2 other DD are doing just as much damage as me, then I can appreciate it more. But again, it doesn’t matter except for when that lack of damage is costing the group wins. Here’s an exchange I have repeated many times to people.

Me: Do you know what my parse is?
Other: No? What is it?
Me: Did we win?
Other: Yes.
Me: Good! Nothing else matters.

Or the alternative to this would be.

Me: Did we win?
Other: No.
Me: Was it damage? Was it a lack of stagger? Do we need to change jobs? How do we improve? Etc.

Feeling upset because you’re scoring last on a parse to the point you go looking for “ALL THE TOOLS” to top a parse is super sad. Seriously. Take away all of those tools, top the parse, and then look to help the person who parsed last. Bring them up with you. Getting them near your level will make you feel better and help the group to succeed more.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-24 14:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Parses dont register overflow damage.

Edit: I meant ignore lol, they DO register overflow damage and thats the problem.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-09-24 15:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 100% vanilla and always have been and I'm usually at the top, or the top, of every parse....or so I'm told, cause I never really know for sure (see above)....

It doesn't take bots, rmt, or gil-buying. It doesn't take hours and hours and hours of play.

It just takes a brain, willngness to listen/learn, YouTube, bg-wiki, and an unholy amount of OCD.
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-24 17:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Dude, no one needs unsolicited pictures of your parse.

Or your penis for that matter.

Shining example of what not to be.

I posted the photo as evidence. The advice I gave earlier worked for me. Everyone has their own way of thinking, and everyone progresses at their own pace. I respect that you may disagree.

I don't like being a burden to others, and I take responsibility for what’s within my control in my character’s progression.

I spent a "miserable" $50 to get a few jobs to ML30 and a few weapons to R-15. I have all my Odyssey V0 gear, while people spend $10,000 on FIFA, MADDEN, and DIABLO.

Sorry, guys, but I don’t even come close to that—I’m not even a bullfrog compared to those spending thousands. "No chinguen" with calling me a "whale." Lol. I was just about to steal Spáitin’s avatar

By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-24 18:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Winning a parse means very little. Nobody is handing out gold medals (irl) for doing x-amount of damage in Dynamis. The only time a parse matters is when a DD is doing much less than they should be, and that’s only if it becomes a pattern. Help them to improve so the average damage of the group increases.

Well, dear friend Kylos, the previous post was more for "kidding around."

First of all, I played on Cerberus for many years. I know you, Taint, and several others—I even played with you guys during memorable times. I’m not going to reveal my nickname because things didn’t end well between us back when we were in the same LS, and it was for something similar to what you’re posting now.

For years, I’ve always felt that you "minimize the DD mains" and make us feel very replaceable, which, admittedly, is "true."

You’re absolutely right in your post; winning a parse means nothing and proves nothing. The analogy you used about gold medals is incredible and fits perfectly.

I never got the chance to talk things out with you and set things straight, but I’ll say it now:

In a Linkshell, there are many types of players, and I know that DD mains are the most toxic of all, causing the majority of conflicts, and as a leader, you’ve seen it firsthand.

The mentality of a "leader" is to be a mediator, a conciliator, someone who seeks the best atmosphere for events, and that is your "mentality." It’s the right one.

Support mains, on the other hand, are there to help others, fill roles, and they tend to be more social, more casual—they bring that spark to the group and have been covering those roles for years. In my current LS, there’s someone "Minaras"—he’s good-natured, a joker, tries to fill roles, and goes along with the jokes. He’s a BRD main.

This is where I’d like you to understand and put yourself in my shoes a bit.

The mentality of DD mains is more toxic, aggressive, focused, and boastful, and because of this, we cause you leaders a lot of problems. We’re a pain in the ***, I know: we post the parses at the end, argue about why you put that trash player as DD instead of us, complain about why we weren’t placed in the BRD+COR party, etc. As a leader, you tend to clash with us. Not all DD mains are like this, but the majority of DD mains I know are.

Why didn’t I include you among the best leaders or players in the "Top 40" post?

The LS leaders from Siren: Kuz, Sacia, Dehien, Pk, Marth—they knew how to manage things impeccably, to the point that they had 5-6 "toxic" players like me, but we never caused them any trouble. They pulled the strings spectacularly; they filled you with praise, put you in the best parties, joked with you, and never minimized your performance in events. I never had a problem with them in six or seven years.

In conclusion, I use the parse to measure my performance. For example, in Dynamis W1, W2, and W3, I aim for 3M, 6M, 9M, and 12M damage, and my goal is to hit 10M while doing my best to earn my spot as a DD main in the group. If I’m only doing 3M like I was a month ago, I need to improve, practice, get better gear, and be more aggressive. Despite their toxicity, not all parses are entirely negative. This has motivated many DDs in my LS, who are now friends, and they’ve improved a lot over the past few weeks thanks to the motivation of competing with each other, making the LS stronger.

I know things ended badly between us over this very topic, and I apologize. I hope you can understand me better now, okay?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-09-24 19:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I wasn’t expecting you to be anyone who I played with. I’d like to know who you are, because I have clashed with only a handful of players over the years. Most people are cool, but I also know that I’m far from perfect and can sometimes let things frustrate me.

I have never claimed to be the greatest leader, either. I do what I can, but I am not super organised, and my linkshells have always known this. So, if I clashed with someone over a parse? Then I’d like to know who that was. It must have been quite some time ago.

And you’re wrong about me when it comes to glossing over what top DDs do. I often praise those who DD well in my groups because I know firsthand what that takes. I just don’t put them on a pedestal. I like to switch people sometimes to keep things flexible and refreshing, even if it may not be optimal. I don’t want anyone reading your post to assume that I don’t appreciate top tier DD, because I really do.

What I do not appreciate is when someone gets an attitude and believes everything they do is right, to the point they undermine me and the group. You figure that out in private and come to an understanding, or you go your separate ways. My guess is that our disagreement was mostly down to your attitude in events, as opposed to how well you deal damage, but I welcome being proved wrong.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-24 20:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How many servers you been on?
By Seun 2024-09-25 01:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

CrAZYVIC said: »
I spent a "miserable" $50 to get a few jobs to ML30 and a few weapons to R-15. I have all my Odyssey V0 gear, while people spend $10,000 on FIFA, MADDEN, and DIABLO.

Those games are pay to win by design. Spending money beyond the initial cost is the point and developers purposely make the game difficult to funnel players toward their cash shops.

FFXI is subscription based model so their revenue is based on recurring fees and retention. They make things difficult in effort to keep you playing longer.

If you spend a 'miserable 5 bucks' on RMT, you're still violating ToS and subject to ban. The only thing someone spending 10k on FIFA is violating is a sensible entertainment budget :D
[+]
By Drayco 2024-09-25 07:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I never understood why people get so butthurt over posting a parse. It's just facts. If the person who posted it is telling everybody how much they suck after posting it, it's not the parse that's upsetting anybody is it?

I always parse because I want to get better. If I see another DRK doing 25% more damage than me, I wanna know wtf he's doing differently so I can adjust and get better.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-25 07:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
I never understood why people get so butthurt over posting a parse. It's just facts.

People don't typically get butthurt when you post a parse where everyone is reasonably close to where they should be in damage. If you post a parse where you're doubling another DPS, they're going to see it as a personal attack unless you very carefully address it. Showing someone objective evidence they are bad is never a nice thing to do.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-25 07:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you know your gear is good and youre still getting outparsed by 25% , there is a good chance its because theyre torcleavering their mobs at 10%
[+]
By K123 2024-09-25 08:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How does $50 get you "a few weapons to R15"? Each R15 is 60M gil and $50 buys how much gil?
By buttplug 2024-09-25 08:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should just focus on 1 job at a time
Instead of spreading themselves to thin
There are so many that play jobs in a 1 dimensional way
The other day when i was setting the group up
Got a /tell rolls only COR
Another /tell songs only BRD
WTF
 Sylph.Dmhlucky
Server: Sylph
user: Dmhlucky
By Sylph.Dmhlucky 2024-09-25 08:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

People get butthurt over a parse because of either their Ego, or friendly competition or they are being shown their faults.

Many examples, a Geared to the T's Drk getting out parsed by a Brd. Means DRK do better

A War outparsing a Sam in Ody 30% to 28% Great, keep up the good work.

A Sch outparsing a Blm is Sortie Mage method, Blm, look at your gear or see what's wrong with your timing.

Parses can be good tools to improve. But unless you have a grub, or a leech, you shouldn't use it to Rub someone's face in it. There's a ton of factors. Did a WS miss, are they last to the mob because of lag/bad PC, is someone else WS'ing on Full HP mobs, and then moving on to the next to have a lesser DD finish them off, are you the Cor killing statues in Dyna. Its ALL context.

If you want to use a parse to compare to someone on the same job, or to just see where you stand to improve yourself, Great. It should be left to that, and not for griefing.

Being a main Support, Im Never on the parse, so seeing where I stand when I am on a DPS, is just nice for perspective to see where I need to improve.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-25 09:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
How does $50 get you "a few weapons to R15"? Each R15 is 60M gil and $50 buys how much gil?
$50 USD will get you anywhere between 110 to 150 million gil, depending on the site.
By Afania 2024-09-25 09:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Winning a parse means very little.

Personally I enjoy parsing as part of gameplay because figure out the game mechanics and grind good gears to min max dmg output is a big part of FFXI gameplay to me, and parse kinda reflected the result of min max.

Sure, there are variables that affects the final outcome of the parse, such as damage overflow and people making mistakes, but having some verifiable results for min max is still more fun than none.

If I only aim for a "win" the there isn't enough challenge in vast majority of repeated grind content that isn't the hardest content in game. Doing segment farm for 100 times isn't fun if "win" is all the goal. I needed more challenging goals such as "do 10% more damage than my last run" to get that adrenaline rush from playing video games.

I also think parsing and being a *** about the parse are 2 different things. Not everyone enjoys min maxing that much, and not everyone's character progression is the same. Just recognize some people don't play games for min max and their progression is behind, and don't be a *** to other players have different mindset playing this game.

Then parsing is a perfectly fine thing to do imo.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11