2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Caladbolg or Apocalypse
Caladbolg or Apocalypse
By Drayco 2024-10-09 05:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Posts like that gets me thinking how are people getting to those conclusions...

1. Insurgency and Cross Reaper are the same damage with Liberator at 3000TP
2. How is Entropy and Quietus a very strong WS, but Catastrophe is weak. I simply can't understand where are people getting this ideas. Both Entropy and Quietus with LiberatorR15 are weaker than Catastrophe with ApocalypseR15. Well Entropy is slightly stronger at 3000TP, but it's a huge dps loss to hold TP for it on 2nd step. This whole 4step is weak and Entropy > Cata > Cross > Cata 4step or simply Cata > Cross > Cata 3step are much better. If anything you would want to make Insurgency > Entropy > Cross > Quietus with Liberator. Advantage for Liberator here would be ability to push higher TP for Cross, so it would be quite potent.

Posts that you make in here make me realise none of you have these weapons. I actually have them all and I play them all constantly. I switch between weapons and //sb reset all the time to see what one does the best. I also never once said Caladbolg was a bad option, I'm defending Scythes because everybody seems to think they suck.

I never once said Catastrophe is weak, all of you did. Catastrophe is far from weak, but it's not Torcleaver.

If you had Liberator, you would know that holding a WS for 1/2 second will give you 3000 TP. You act like it takes forever to get to 3000 because you're use to Caladbolg and just assume that's normal.
By Atrox78 2024-10-09 06:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont think anyone said scythes were bad and youre the one who decided to bring liberator into this thread. The topic is apoc vs caladbolg and apoc is bad compared to caladbolg and more or less irrelevant now that Foenaria exist (save for the darkness argument SimonSes made which is the only argument to be had).

Personally I'd much rather use Foenaria over my Caldabolg and typically do unless required. It's fun to be close to immortal AND drop big weaponskills.