New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29
By Afania 2024-10-19 13:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
If you're CEO of a western company and your biggest concern is "we should make the sensitivity training internal" instead of "why are the products were putting out not selling", you are a *** shitty CEO.

No one said sensitivity reading should be on the highest priority over gameplay, that's kinda silly.

But If you ever visit left leaning websites like Kotaku or Resetera with people bashing everything that hurts their feelings (such as making black people a thief in the story, or black people getting killed). That's why sensitivity reading ended up having a demand in the market: people doing business wants to avoid this ***.

If you don't like sensitivity reading in the business, you should tell sjw stop attacking dev. That's the source of the problem.
By Afania 2024-10-19 13:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Reflector is a "new" studio, that operates under the Bandai Namco banner. Are you gonna suggest Bandai Namco is some unknown company too?
2-There are no budget numbers I can find. However, it stands to reason that Bandai Namco expected big things from the game. Additionally, you cant cite "its a lower budget AA game" as if it means anything when the retail price of the game is also lower than the usual $80 (although not by much)
3-The game has been bundled with certain new AMD processors or video cards purchased since Aug 6, and the promotion lasts until Nov 2. I guess it doesnt help the bundle also includes Space Marine 2.

Reflector has somewhere around 140 employee. Generally AAA games should cost more. Something like 300-600 dev, 4-6 years of dev and 200m+ budget.

Unknown 9 doesn't look like it has this kind of budget. The quality of cutscenes animation and combat from the video doesn't suggest this kind of budget.

(Inb4 "but Wukong also has 140 dev only", they are Chinese, so no work life balance in Chinese tech industry :D)

The publisher doesn't matter. Having a well known publisher doesn't mean the budget will be high. SE has plenty of 60-65 metacritic games published in the past, made by external studios with very little budget. Publisher size means nothing to the quality.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-19 13:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Reflector is literally OWNED by Bandai Namco, they purchased the studio in 2020.

Thats like saying “CBU3 isnt Square Enix” or “firewalk isnt sony”.
By Afania 2024-10-19 13:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Reflector is literally OWNED by Bandai Namco, they purchased the studio in 2020.

Thats like saying “CBU3 isnt Square Enix” or “firewalk isnt sony”.

CBU3 is Square enix's internal department, firewalk is an external studio of Sony. They are not the same structure wise.

(SE's internal department often made way better games than external studios btw)

Owning an external studio only means they have shares and maybe put money in it. Like Tencent owning Riot etc. It doesn't automatically makes a game good.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-19 13:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Owning an external studio only means they have shares and maybe put money in it.

Im Nynja and I approve this message.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-20 16:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/geforce-now-thursday-dragon-age-the-veilguard-bundle/

Already being given away for free lulz
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-10-22 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29