New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27
By Drayco 2024-09-26 08:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nintendo missed a huge meme oppertunity by not calling that one Legend of Link.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 13:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ex-Sony ceo said the thing regarding Yotei

https://x.com/shawnlayden/status/1838781831010754672

Ill give Sucker Punch the benefit of the doubt, because Ghost of Tsushima was very close to a masterpiece, but thats not a good sign. Those words have always been a death knell to any product.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-09-26 15:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
This person claimed to be non-binary so you are not supposed to tell!
My comment was kinda tongue-in-cheek

Afania said: »
But their gender don't matter
Or lack thereof
ifyouknowwhatimean.jpg

It's actually quite relevant here that the person working at the infmaous SBI as "sensitivity reader", and chosen to give this presentation, "identifies" as "gender-fluid": basically a woke concept.

At least we agree about the rest: that's it's all about feels. But this is just classic woke behaviour.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-09-26 15:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Ill give Sucker Punch the benefit of the doubt, because Ghost of Tsushima was very close to a masterpiece, but thats not a good sign. Those words have always been a death knell to any product.
Curious if you looked up who plays the "female" character
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 16:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have
I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt

Some of her activity on social media doesnt instill much confidence. But, she's just a VA and face scan and she's worked on some solid titles in the past. Having said that, her two latest works are Dragon Age "mastectomy scars are ok, but breasts can only go up to B cup and booty must remain flat" Vanguard and Mortal "Sektor is now female" Kombat 1.

Although, for the lulz, notice how Sucker Punch had no technical barriers or issues getting an accurate facial scan of Erika Ishii?!?
By Afania 2024-09-26 19:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with what he said?

Game creators not giving a *** about what people thinks is what made indie scenes full of interesting ideas.

Games are fundamentally an art medium, not just "products". Sometimes people need to accept money loss while creativity and ideas gets experimented.

If you don't like this, don't invest in game industry.

Imagine a game industry that nobody put their crazy ideology in games anymore, boring!
By Viciouss 2024-09-26 20:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have
I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt

Some of her activity on social media doesnt instill much confidence. But, she's just a VA and face scan and she's worked on some solid titles in the past. Having said that, her two latest works are Dragon Age "mastectomy scars are ok, but breasts can only go up to B cup and booty must remain flat" Vanguard and Mortal "Sektor is now female" Kombat 1.

Although, for the lulz, notice how Sucker Punch had no technical barriers or issues getting an accurate facial scan of Erika Ishii?!?

Yeah so, what are you crying about now regarding Dragon Age? I mean, I understand why you are whining about a female lead for Ghosts of Yokei, that's who you are. If you can't play as a male character, you are gonna pitch a fit.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 20:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
If you can't play as a male character, you are gonna pitch a fit.

Idiot
By Viciouss 2024-09-26 20:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/yawn. What's the matter, hit a little too close to home? Now, back on topic, what are you crying about Dragon Age for? Or better yet, maybe you should just stop posting your conspiracies once and for all?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 20:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
We know
By Viciouss 2024-09-26 20:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Still yawning.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 20:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Prove this.
Gets proven.
No not like that
By Viciouss 2024-09-26 20:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Prove this.
Gets proven.
No not like that

Yeah, this has not been accomplished. You haven't proven anything regarding Dragon Age. Also, there is no "we." It's just you over there. This is effortless.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 21:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My guy
You went off on some *** about how "I'm an incel maga chud who has a hissyfit over playing a female character" and I replied with a copy of the new zelda game, which has a female lead, and then went on again about conspiraces n ***.

I think you need help. I'm literally showing you things for you to witness with your own two eyes, and you're denying them and continuing to cry how everythings a conspiracy theory.

I posted how the Saber CEO wanted to make a normal fun game with Warhammer, "nuuuu conspiracies, you dont even know its him", and then I cited proof it was him.

A couple weeks ago I said Ubisoft's shareholders are gonna get fed up of pissing away money, you claimed that a conspiracy theory, and then low and behold Ubisoft's shareholders are putting in inquiry to find out whats going on with the company they're investing in because they're fed up of losing money.
By Zehira 2024-09-26 22:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghost of Yotei is an American game so that has to be obvious. I wouldn't care. Just leave Japanese developers alone. They are who I want to spend my money to them.

I came here from the official forums (FFXI) to tell you what I read the Japanese posters... They just post and walk away. Hit "like" buttons if you agree.

And the western posters... All I see is reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, and over and over. lol
By Viciouss 2024-09-26 22:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My guy
You went off on some *** about how "I'm an incel maga chud who has a hissyfit over playing a female character" and I replied with a copy of the new zelda game, which has a female lead, and then went on again about conspiraces n ***.

I think you need help. I'm literally showing you things for you to witness with your own two eyes, and you're denying them and continuing to cry how everythings a conspiracy theory.

I posted how the Saber CEO wanted to make a normal fun game with Warhammer, "nuuuu conspiracies, you dont even know its him", and then I cited proof it was him.

A couple weeks ago I said Ubisoft's shareholders are gonna get fed up of pissing away money, you claimed that a conspiracy theory, and then low and behold Ubisoft's shareholders are putting in inquiry to find out whats going on with the company they're investing in because they're fed up of losing money.

Nah I don't need help, I need you to actually follow through on all of your conspiracies. Like how I just asked you to explain your most recent one about Dragon Age, and instead just run away from it, flailing around with desperate attacks that only serve to amuse me. But if you want to keep on posting your conspiracy nonsense about Dragon Age or Ghost of Yokei or Ubisoft, you are free to do so. I'll keep laughing at you.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-27 00:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i did
You suffer from brainfog and you only read what you want to read.

I also roll my eyes at the people pushing back against the woke DEI ***. The new thing is people getting upset over Dragon Age character customization. “Omg you can make mastectomy scars”, who cares? Its fully customizable across the board.
Update on this one, turns out they put unrealistic limits on the fully customizable character creation. Seems the largest bust size is roughly a B cup?

Prediction: Flops like Outlaws.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-27 00:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ubisoft was a conspiracy theory?

Money talks. Blackrock is probably content to take a hit to send their *** messages, but they are just part of the shareholders and the other investors of the publicly traded company may not be as willing to burn money like that over and over.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ubisoft/comments/1fcop2r/ubisoft_shares_slump_after_investor_urges/
This actually popped up THREE hours after I made this post.

Another far-right conspiracy thats come true!
https://www.thegamer.com/ubisoft-being-investigated-by-board-after-assassins-creed-shadows-delay/

What started as one smalltime investor with less than 1% share of the company stating dissatisfaction has become an official investigation by the board.

Author of the article just couldnt resist closing out laying blame of the problems on the far-right chuds opposed to the company producing slop.
Quote:
This is most likely in reference to several controversies that have surrounded both Star Wars Outlaws and Assassin's Creed Shadows recently, as the games feature a woman and a black person as protagonists respectively.
Yeah, SW Outlaws low sales stem from "a woman protagonist", not the game being an absolute buggy travesty.

Oops
Viciouss once again incapable of reading.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-27 00:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang I want to sleep and you guys making a fuss at 3am.

Here, do something useful

Asura.Toeknee
Server: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-09-27 00:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

this DEI stuff is so boring and played out lets at least get some new bait
By Afania 2024-09-27 00:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
Just leave Japanese developers alone.

What do you mean by "leave Japanese developers alone?" No one is stopping from Japanese dev making games.

There were SJW attacking Capcom on how black people are depicted in their games, that's about it. And it's not like Capcom changed their content for these people.

And the western posters... All I see is reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, and over and over. lol

I am not a western poster and I still quote reply quote reply. It's called having a discussion.

The fact that you think that Japanese dev needs to be protected from western SJW and Japanese people won't quote/reply on forum discussion feels like stereotyping lol.
By Afania 2024-09-27 00:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The GoY 3D model seems to be slightly different from Erika too, except in this case GoY protagonist feels more feminine than Erika herself. So anti-woke let it pass maybe.

Makes 3D model less feminine than the actress=woke.

Make 3D models more feminine=acceptable.

That's the logic I am seeing on forums atm.....

(Which I see it as double standard, obviously)
By Zehira 2024-09-27 01:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah uh no. People in general have been brainwashed by watching news too much like forgetting what happened yesterday.
By Afania 2024-09-27 01:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah uh no. People in general have been brainwashed by watching news too much like forgetting what happened yesterday.

That has nothing to do with western/Japanese though.
By Zehira 2024-09-27 01:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What does an African want me to think about Japanese and Western.

Perhaps, you should check this out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPK0wTw6UQ
By Afania 2024-09-27 01:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What does an African want me to think about Japanese and Western.

Who?

Perhaps, you should check this out for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYPK0wTw6UQ

What's so special about this video? It's basically the same thing being parroted over and over again. And I already debunk that pages ago.

Non-western people don't need instructions on what ideology to put in their art. Let people read the ideology and decide themselves.

If a Japanese creator read left wing ideology and decided to put them in their games, it's their freedom.

If a Japanese creator read left wing ideology and decide to to hate it and leave it out, it is also their freedom.

Trying to say Japanese should or shouldn't include left wing ideology isn't respecting creator's individual opinion and artistic direction as an individual.

People create(or fund) games to represent pov for them, because games are fundamentally an art medium. Imo, at least.

Funny how when Wukong producer made a game to represent Chinese pov and Chinese ideology, it got a pass from anti-wokes. But left wing ideologists of any nationality aren't allowed to do the same thing. This isn't fair.
By Zehira 2024-09-27 02:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

https://tech4gamers.com/nobody-wants-to-play-as-an-ugly-protagonist/

Now, it's time to respect their freedom.
By Afania 2024-09-27 02:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No one force you to buy games with ugly characters, your freedom isn't being taken away.
By Zehira 2024-09-27 02:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

...This is why nobody takes Africans seriously... Not to sound an insult but come on.
By Afania 2024-09-27 02:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

...This is why nobody takes Africans seriously... Not to sound an insult but come on.

Who?

Is "African" supposed to be an insult when you disagree with people on forums? Lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27