New Games Suck... Or Is It Just Me?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » New games suck... or is it just me?
New games suck... or is it just me?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21
By Afania 2024-09-11 14:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Quote:
I prefer manly looking woman

Congrats
Youre the modern audience

It's called different kinks. Wtf does "modern audience" even mean lol.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 14:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinks? (WHAT?)
Thats the term you want to use? (WHAT?)
On this very topic? (WHAT?)
A term that defines a sexual fetish? (WHAT?)
After a decade of people saying male gamers are gooners? (WHAT?)
Youre going with kinks? (WHAT?)

By Afania 2024-09-11 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

After a decade of people saying male gamers are gooners?

Who are they? Not me for sure.

You need to stop lumping woke and everything they said with me because I am not one, I've never said any of these things nor I involve in Western political war. Go fight your political war with other people, not my business.

Yes in otaku culture in my region kinks are traits that defines a character fetish. Like Tomboy, Femboy etc.

In my language "kinks" is the term that was used in online community to describe their character fetish. Idk if there is another similar word or more correct word in English community though.

If someone said "I like manly woman(or insert whatever fetish preference that is different from mainstream)", no one would use "modern audience" to describe them. Only you.
By Zehira 2024-09-11 14:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, new games suck because because a lack of kinks and Mithra.

That's true. Sex sells. Any horny gamer would pay $200 just for an indie game.

I have way too many unplayed games on my PC so I have no interest into any AAA game at the moment.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-11 14:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
Yeah, new games suck because because a lack of kinks and Mithra.

You just haven't look hard enough! Furry are everywhere on Steam!
 Asura.Toeknee
Server: Asura
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2024-09-11 16:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

how many times are you guys gonna say the same thing a slightly different way?

here's a thought experiment: is there anything the other side could say that would make you change your mind on your belief? if the answer is no, then return to your echo chamber and shut up.

finally played the witcher 3, loved the storytelling and the 'open world, but not massive elden ring open world' vibe. between that, sekiro, elden ring, nier, and dragon's dogma - i think i've found my niche
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-11 16:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Congrats

Time to teach Nynja a lesson about the reality of Asian artists.

This is the best female character in Hunter x Hunter.

Bandai' HG:

Hot ;) ;) ;)

Sorry to break your Asian artist's fantasy!
By Dodik 2024-09-11 16:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Add the Dragon Age series if you liked that. Dragon Age 2 and Origins I really liked story wise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-11 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quote:

Congrats

Time to teach Nynja a lesson about the reality of Asian artists.

Bandai' HG:

Hot ;) ;) ;)

Sorry to break your Asian artist's fantasy!

Thats her power up form - Denied.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-11 16:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

still hotter than most recent american female characters

Nynja's into fitness he prob likes muscle girls anyway
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-11 16:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Thats her power up form - Denied.

Power up form is what made her awesome though ;(
By Afania 2024-09-11 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

HxH is the BEST one anyways, I'm okay with something slightly subpar in games :D.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-11 16:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

HxH is the BEST one anyways
It's better than DBZ, but I've never been a huge fan of the 'enter a video game' stuff in anime.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-11 16:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

do better -

----

I know she wasnt in video games but I thought they made an amazing character with luisa

[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynja's into fitness he prob likes muscle girls anyway
No thanks, only twinks who like to get pegged by their muscle mommy are into that. A female who is so muscular and so little body fat to the point their chest is all muscle, its not for me. I'll still respect the work involved to get to that point though, presuming all natty. Zero respect for the shitfluencers who clearly doctor their photos and/or use roids and/or get cosmetic surgery to look better then pass it off as "hard work".
Goob_u2 is a solid account for calling out the photoshoppers.

I'm just not attracted to this, its a bit too much for me. Those that are, thats cool, we all have our preferences. And yes, I'm aware shes probably not attracted to me either or she doesnt do it for me, and once again, thats cool. Like I said, she probably worked her *** off to get to that point, and I respect it. Its a lot harder to look like that than it is to be Lizzo. Off topic: but she's also been putting in the work, either due to the internet bullying or a health scare, but good on her for making a healthy change instead of telling people that "big is beautiful and healthy".

The only fitness I'm into is getting back to fitting into most brands size 38 jeans.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2024-09-11 17:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugly beefy women. No. Just no. I understand some people like big women but beefy women?

I have enough Galkas in subligars to last me 10 life times.

Now Baldy here is interesting. Totally a nut job with half a mop left on his head but total badass.

Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-11 17:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

to be fair my taste in females is broad.

I like'm thick,small,tall,curvy,thin,light,black,asian,goth,trad, etc

Just no obese, hairy or scary (outside of goth mommy vibes but alas that ship has sailed. Jazzy if you reading this, damn you was fun.)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-11 17:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jazzy's lurking ffxiah waiting for you to kill Bumba V25
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-11 17:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

HxH is the BEST one anyways
It's better than DBZ, but I've never been a huge fan of the 'enter a video game' stuff in anime.
HxH being "enter the video game"? I mean that one arc is but only technically
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-11 18:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
HxH being "enter the video game"? I mean that one arc is but only technically
Yea, that's what I meant with my own spoiler. It still had the same vibes during the arc, though. That sort of storyline always feels a little too forced/catering to hikikomori for me.

Still a good show though, just my least favorite arc.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-09-11 20:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »
This is a lot of words to say you don't understand why a movie whose themes are largely about motherhood and sexual violence would be seen as woke today.

Motherhood doesn't enter the equation in Alien until the second one, really. I mean, sure, the computer onboard their ship is called Mother, but it's not a theme.

Its theme is sci-fi horror/thriller. Meant to showcase a group of everyday joes just doing their jobs, happening upon the incredible. Ignoring warnings in ways that you see real people ignore warnings everyday.

And Ripley succeeds against the Alien in the first one, not just by being some bad ***, but by being smart and lucky.

She continues this trend in the second one, with her bad *** o meter turned up a notch. But even so, she does so through the sacrifice of other people and by playing it smart with a flamethrower, Alien tracking device, and an exosuit.

2 might get called woke today, if it were new today, but Ripley if done in the same way, would still be heralded as one of the best heroines of all time. Performing her heroics in spite of being vastly disadvantaged.

There's a level of tension in Aliens that just isn't present in many films.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-11 20:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jazzy's lurking ffxiah waiting for you to kill Bumba V25

[+]
By Afania 2024-09-12 03:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Asura.Qibble said: »
This is a lot of words to say you don't understand why a movie whose themes are largely about motherhood and sexual violence would be seen as woke today.

Motherhood doesn't enter the equation in Alien until the second one, really. I mean, sure, the computer onboard their ship is called Mother, but it's not a theme.

Its theme is sci-fi horror/thriller. Meant to showcase a group of everyday joes just doing their jobs, happening upon the incredible. Ignoring warnings in ways that you see real people ignore warnings everyday.

And Ripley succeeds against the Alien in the first one, not just by being some bad ***, but by being smart and lucky.

She continues this trend in the second one, with her bad *** o meter turned up a notch. But even so, she does so through the sacrifice of other people and by playing it smart with a flamethrower, Alien tracking device, and an exosuit.

2 might get called woke today, if it were new today, but Ripley if done in the same way, would still be heralded as one of the best heroines of all time. Performing her heroics in spite of being vastly disadvantaged.

There's a level of tension in Aliens that just isn't present in many films.

When I watched the original Alien for the first time, I felt it has pretty strong left wing message to be honest. The real antagonist of the story actually isn't alien, it's capitalism. The Android character on the ship is the representation of evil corporation, and he is the real antagonist behind everything because capitalism is bad in movies as usual.

If alien is just a B movie about people surviving from alien, it won't have nearly as much depth. But that final reveal and the real ideology message is what makes story "complete" with more depth.

So I would say Alien is definitely left wing.
By Afania 2024-09-12 03:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
do better -

I have to like because of sailor moon! Back in early 1990 it was one of the most progressive anime, it legitimately opened a whole new world to me when I was a kid.

Too bad all the LGBT stuff in sailor moon was censored in English release back then, Zoisite(a girly male character who is also gay) was even turned into a female in English version.....what a shame....

How time has changed in 30 years..........
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-12 05:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad all the LGBT stuff in sailor moon was censored in English release back then,

I thought you loved censorship.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-12 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Too bad all the LGBT stuff in sailor moon was censored in English release back then,

I thought you loved censorship.

I thought my stance this whole time was "respect the art and creator's work".

Changing scripts and characters in anime isn't it.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2024-09-12 09:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that was your stance as well, but actually...

I assume if you could be convinced that the decisions were not made by the creatives behind the games that you too would feel that it was bad.

No, because a game IP as a property belongs to investors. So they still have freedom to make what they want as well.
So you are pro "censorship" if it happens as part of the creation but anti "censorship" if it happens after the release.

So if Nakayoshi had turned around and said "we cant have any LGBT characters in this product" that would have been OK, but having a licensor of the media do that after it was finished, like during translation, is not OK.

At least that is the most I make of your seemingly hypocritical statements regarding your stance
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-12 09:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By Afania 2024-09-12 10:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought that was your stance as well, but actually...

I assume if you could be convinced that the decisions were not made by the creatives behind the games that you too would feel that it was bad.

No, because a game IP as a property belongs to investors. So they still have freedom to make what they want as well.
So you are pro "censorship" if it happens as part of the creation but anti "censorship" if it happens after the release.

So if Nakayoshi had turned around and said "we cant have any LGBT characters in this product" that would have been OK, but having a licensor of the media do that after it was finished, like during translation, is not OK.

At least that is the most I make of your seemingly hypocritical statements regarding your stance

Basically yes, although I don't think it's "hypocritical" at all.

A lot of manga's editor/publisher has participated in creativity brainstorm. The final product is the work of mangaka and editor/publisher, not just one side.

So if editor has an opinion on how a story should go, and mangaka made it that way, then I fail to see the problem.

In other words, if the editor said "no LGBTQ under our brand", then I'll accept whatever product that ended up with as final, not censorship. It's not censorship in this case because anti-lgbgq is a legit ideology just like pro-lgbtq.

If the manga released in a different region, and the culture of that region dislike the content so they changed something, then I would say the content has been changed by outside force. In sailor moon's case, localization team.

Therefore it is censorship in this case. Or at least, those localization team created a fan fic themselves that isn't the real sailor moon lol.

I failed to see how is that even hypocritical. Unless we have different opinion on the process of creativity. To me everyone who participated in the creativity process, such as client/investor/publisher etc, is still part of the creativity team because their input affects the final outcome.

To me creativity belongs all the people who participated in the project. But I don't view localization team part of original creation. If localization team localized a product differently, then they simply created a different version of their own product, not original.

We had this discussion about English dub, I value original version above whatever localization team made. So the stance is consistent with old stance. I gave English dub ***in another discussion for changing scripts, of course the same applies to Sailor Moon which got script change in English release. It's the same standard on the same issue: scripts are no longer the same when localized.

If we are going to separate "creativity comes from artists that counts" and "creativity that comes from managers/editor/investor/company don't count", pretty soon it'll become double standard against creation projects that comes from a bigger team and funding, as everyone all has a part of creative input in the team. So it's actually less hypocritical if artists and the company that owned the IP are the treated the same.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-09-12 10:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember the great manga when Archie met the Punisher?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21