Forum » FFXI » General » Restoring Lost Macro Palette
Restoring Lost Macro Palette
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-06-21 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night right in the middle of Dyna lost my Ctrl/Alt macro palette (not the entire book) for a set of nukes while playing RDM.

I doubt likely, but was just wondering if there was any way I could restore just that from the ffxi config util backup they let you make since I have one of those from not too long ago?

Barring that is there any better way to protect my macros so if a palette gets wiped I have better options than overwriting everything with a backup or rewriting the palette?

This is perhaps the 3rd or 4th time I've lost macros just randomly in all my time playing the game.
Rare, but really annoying when it happens.
By Tokimemofan 2024-06-21 22:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems to happen to me when I zone and my hard drive is too full, it will reset the current macro set on both the Ctrl and alt sides. It can also happen if the game loses write access to your macro files while zoning.

Edit: unfortunately there isn’t really an easy recovery once they are lost
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-21 22:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Save them to the server, load from the server. It does take a logout/login, but so long as you're not in the middle of an event, it will only take a minute, max.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-06-21 22:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my macros back.
Big thank you to Katurra of Bismarck for showing me how.
They're waiting on account approval and will post the solution here before long so people will know how to do it in the future.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-06-22 06:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Got my macros back.
Big thank you to Katurra of Bismarck for showing me how.
They're waiting on account approval and will post the solution here before long so people will know how to do it in the future.

I know of a few methods, but I'd love to hear yours. However, each one of these options does work:

1.) Backup the Playonline/FFXI/USER folder
2.) Close all instances of POL/FFXI, run FFXIConfig.exe and click Save Settings.
3.) From the character select screen, choose Save to Save your settings to server and make sure the displayed timestamp is correct/updated. (I don't really know what Save to HDD Slot A-D does).

If you have any other options, I'd love to hear it.