users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Increasing max exp/limit points for an alt
Increasing max exp/limit points for an alt
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Vanian 2024-06-13 03:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My main is currently getting 6k+ limit points per kill while my alt is stuck with a max of 2520 no matter how high my limit chain goes.
I've completed all of RoV for the KI's any other way to up the max amount. Can only see capacity point increase in RoE

*Edit* started getting 6k+ as soon as I equipped ilvl gear /facepalm
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Think this only applies in Escha areas? but yeah Ilevel is counted towards XP and so without the Ilevel gear your alt at 99 is 20 levels lower than your main so gets an XP cut.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-13 13:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Martel tested recently:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/837#3701068

It's actually not a penalty for level vs ilevel, it seems to be a multiplier applied for being ilevel, and it's not linear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-13 15:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Think this only applies in Escha areas? but yeah Ilevel is counted towards XP and so without the Ilevel gear your alt at 99 is 20 levels lower than your main so gets an XP cut.

How do I increase this EXP gain for a lvl 15?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 15:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Senaki said: »

Um...gain levels? I think you misunderstood the problem being explained.

If you're already level 99 you will gain fewer exp than another level 99 player who also has ilvl gear on. If you're level 15 there's no way to close the level gap between you and the target being killed except to gain levels.
By drakefs 2024-06-13 19:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Senaki said: »

The only way to increase the EXP, while power leveling, is EXP chains.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 20:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was mostly just answering the question about taking advantage of this particular element of EXP rates, but if you want to improve the rate at which your PL is gaining levels:

-Summon Kupofried
-Use exp rings
-Set all the relevant RoE, including especially regional kills. These aren't penalized for level difference
-Do it during campaign if you can
-Get them KIs

It's insanely fast with all this stuff. EXP rings suck later on, but they can really help you get past the early shitty levels and get that exp rolling in.
By drakefs 2024-06-14 00:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I am specifically talking about AoE PLing on Escha dragons/puks.

Rings are maybe going to last 1 pull. A COR will speed things up too. However, chains are where all the EXP comes from for the PLed. Getting to 100+ exp chains is the fastest way to level someone under 99. In Escha this means not pulling everything at once and breaking up the pulls into 3 or 4 sections. Basically I pull until Tenebral Crush is off CD.

That being said, pulling everything at once is not that much slower...