what a crock of poop
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 09:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its literally exactly what they said it would be.

Regardless if its worth it or not is another discussion, but there was there never any need to be 5 pages of discussion going back to the vanabout thread about what the 50% of segs from the vortex meant.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-11 09:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

kaffy;661011 said:
"The Great Odyssey Campaign" is by far the least impressive monthly campaign ever created, and a poor reward for Vana'Bout. The amount of bonus segments in particular is paltry when you compare it to other campaigns like Omen job cards where your return is doubled or tripled. 10% is just too low.

+1 to them

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61335-Feedback-related-to-Vana-Bout/page11
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 09:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl and all his guesses to what "50% increase to vortex segments" meant

"See, I was right"
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-11 09:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have a question relating to this however, was there previously an exp bonus for touching? I haven't run oddy on a non-mastered job in so long that I don't recall getting any kind of exp for touching at the end.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 09:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
I do have a question relating to this however, was there previously an exp bonus for touching? I haven't run oddy on a non-mastered job in so long that I don't recall getting any kind of exp for touching at the end.

JP only, and you only get it if you kill NMs. You still only get it if you kill NMs, but it's bigger now (during campaign)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I was excited about the campaign since Segment farming is old and boring content. But 10% is not enough to bring me back into Odyssey. What a miss.

I bet Eiryl gave this guy another big "+1 to them"

Do you need segments for Gaol or not??
If you dont need segments, why would a greater bonus bring you back in? You're *** done with segments. Unless your plan is to buy a single Scale/Hide for 500/750 segments, at which point go farm A or B and get extra scale boxes with the campaign bonus.
If you do need segments and you're not done Gaol, why is 10% not enough to bring you back in since you're not even finished anyways?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-11 10:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This sets up perfectly for Vanabout 3, where the bonus will be "50% more Galli campaign! Adventurers will now receive a 50% bonus to Gallimaufry when... popping aurum coffers."
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-11 12:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

JP only, and you only get it if you kill NMs. You still only get it if you kill NMs, but it's bigger now (during campaign)

thanks, that explains why I've never seen it before
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-06-11 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So the great oddy campaign translates into a paltry 10% extra segments per run. Big freaking woop. Thanks S-E. Such a generous handout.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-11 14:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The following changes will be made to the rewards for reaching the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, Sheol B, and Sheol C.
- Job points earned will be increased by 50%.
- Moogle Segments acquired will be increased by 50%.
- The number of lustreless scale boxes, lustreless hide boxes, and lustreless wing boxes acquired will be doubled.
* The type of item obtained depends on the Sheol entered.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-06-11 14:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone see if mimic chests are doubled? (large boxes)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-11 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They shouldn't be, the reward is specifically at the vortex.

Shouldve doubled all boxes, but didn't.

Whats the amount of segs to get a box instead of a handful of singles. 50? 80? 100 mobs worth. Useless bonus too.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 14:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

What a *** moron lmao
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the amount of segs to get a box instead of a handful of singles. 50? 80? 100 mobs worth. Useless bonus too.

Just shut the *** up about ffxi content you dont partake in.
For *** sake.

And someones gonna read this and tell me I'm the bad guy for being an *** when they should be saving him from saying the absolute stupidest things with all his chest just to dunk on SE.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-06-11 15:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldve doubled all boxes, but didn't.

If u kill a mimic u get a large box at end thats what im talking about.
[+]
By Chyula 2024-06-11 15:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

2 ody box farming run, each run only 1 box in the entire zone is doubled. either SE *** up the code or it's a joke.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 15:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
2 ody box farming run, each run only 1 box in the entire zone is doubled. either SE *** up the code or it's a joke.

Can I get a translation on whatever the hell this is supposed to mean?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 16:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They think the campaign affects the rate of boxes from chests when you open them with izzat/key.
By Chyula 2024-06-11 16:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
They think the campaign affects the rate of boxes from chests when you open them with izzat/key.

Oh Great one can you translate their description?

- The number of lustreless scale boxes, lustreless hide boxes, and lustreless wing boxes acquired will be doubled.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-11 16:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
If u kill a mimic u get a large box at end thats what im talking about.

Is that actually how it works? A mimic adds a box to the end? If that's how it works then the box at the end will be doubled.

Quote:
Successfully defeating a Mimic will grant a Large Lustreless Box to a player's personal pool upon successfully examining the Otherworldly Vortex.

If BG is right then yes. The drops from the mimic won't be though.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-11 16:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Think this is the part they want translated.
Because it looks like someone heard tap dancing and translated it to Morse code to be like "Chair the what who mongrel goblin chest box monkey maneuver"
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-11 16:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn SE suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Big F SE - Mega ***
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-06-11 16:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do need segments and you're not done Gaol, why is 10% not enough to bring you back in since you're not even finished anyways?
From my solo POV, even assuming the campaign is active the entire month and I'd do odyssey every day, 10% extra segs would amount to around 1,5 extra moglophone IIs.

That's a fart in the wind.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 16:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The following changes will be made to the rewards for reaching the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, Sheol B, and Sheol C. (This means the following changes will apply only to the rewards granted from interacting with the Otherworldly Vortex)
- Job points earned will be increased by 50%. (This means the JP's awarded for every NM killed will be increased by 50%)
- Moogle Segments acquired will be increased by 50%. (This means the segments awarded as a bonus for reaching the vortex will be increased by 50%)
- The number of lustreless scale boxes, lustreless hide boxes, and lustreless wing boxes acquired will be doubled. (this means the Boxes awarded for clearing a Halo and its Agon's will be doubled)
* The type of item obtained depends on the Sheol entered.

I hope this clears things up for you.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-11 16:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Damn SE suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Big F SE - Mega ***
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-06-11 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

to think I almost purchased a SE Game... *shivers*
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
From my solo POV, even assuming the campaign is active the entire month and I'd do odyssey every day, 10% extra segs would amount to around 1,5 extra moglophone IIs.

That's a fart in the wind.
Gaol is one of the two primary endgame content available in 2024's maintenance mode, did you really expect anything more than a fart in the wind?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 16:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynja already answered, but for your reference in the future when reading other documents, typically we read top-to-bottom and if there are indented sections with arrows, dashes, or bullet points it means these things are related to thing above.

Newly Added: The Great Odyssey Campaign

This part describes the campaign above

The following changes will be made to the rewards for reaching the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, Sheol B, and Sheol C.

This part is giving more details about the thing above it

- Job points earned will be increased by 50%.
- Moogle Segments acquired will be increased by 50%.

Therefore: the Great Odyssey campaign -> Gives bonuses to the rewards for Otherworldly vortex -> Boxes will be doubled.

See? You can apply this knowledge to any number of other documents written in English, try it out!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-11 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets run some math now
You're suggesting the campaign bonus will net you an extra 4500 segments (thats 1.5 Moglophone II's, as you stated) if you do Odyssey every day for the next 25 days. Thats 25 runs (gonna presume one per day instead of every 20 hours) so a bonus of 180 per run. You're pulling ~1600 segments per run??

Unless my math is way off, maybe you should stop doing Odyssey solo if your goal is segments.

A group thats doing 10k segs per run, a 10% bonus is 25,000 segments, or about 8 moglophone II's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8