Rune Fencer Menu Icons Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » Rune fencer menu icons bugged?
Rune fencer menu icons bugged?
By Sylvebits 2024-06-03 09:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there! I've trying to figure out why all my RUN menu icons all just show AB with a coloured background. I can't seem to find the dat to the RUN icons either so I'm wonder if the game is defaulting to these?

Menu images
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-03 10:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When RUN and GEO were released, SE didn't bother to make icons in the menu for their abilities.
[+]
By Sylvebits 2024-06-03 16:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

X_X damn so, how do we alter their menu icons?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-03 20:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone else will have to take that one, I don't do any mods, I just knew the answer to this because someone asked about why their GEO icons were "bugged" a little while ago and I looked at my (vanilla) client and noticed that they were, indeed, unusual.

I've personally never even noticed that different JA had different icons, other than maybe the colors? So I had no idea the GEO/RUN ones were weird until it was pointed out.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-08 05:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

XI uses specific icons for every ability and spell, but my guess is there is some limitation or they simply ran out of numbers to use for image identifications (or they were lazy). So they used the default icon, and color variations of it. You see this most on Run and Geo, which were the last jobs they added.

You can't add new icons for those abilities via a mod (outside of just updating the default icon), or if you can it would take a ridiculous amount of effort over multiple other files.