XIAudio (Menu Sounds Mods)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » XIAudio (Menu Sounds Mods)
XIAudio (Menu Sounds Mods)
By RadialArcana 2024-05-20 10:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Replaces all the sounds for the menu with new ones from various other games.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Menu Sounds
(this is intentionally quiet and subtle, may make a louder version)

YouTube Video Placeholder

--

Final Fantasy 12 Menu Sounds.

--

Kingdom Hears and FF7R mix of SFX (didn't like some of the sounds in the KH one so changed them).

--

Kingdom Hearts Menu Sounds.

--

Original files.

XiAudio3.4

Also replaces the "New Challenge" sound, and login sound with something less obnoxious and fitting.

Restart of game needed for sounds to work.

These probably do not work with XIpivot with windower, and probably do with Ashita.

To install, open the folder of your XI game install as shown on the image below to the right. The zip on the left opened to the folder shown (sound inside each SFX folder). Drag the sound folder over to the FINAL FANTASY XI Folder, it will overwrite the proper sound files.

To put it back to normal, open to the orig folder and drag that "sound" folder over.

---

Music Replacements:

Login Screen:

FF7 remake

Elden Ring

Original

Main Menu Music option 5

After installing, open the config menu on the title screen and change it to music 5.

---

If you notice anything wrong or whatever let me know.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-21 02:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Which file path replaces the new challenge sound? Any samples, I wonder if I'll like it.

I had a .dot hack pack from ages ago, but those sounds can be really annoying tbh.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-21 10:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Added some videos.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-22 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Added menu music mods for FF7 Remake and Elden Ring, change music in config on main screen to option 5 for the modded music to play.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-27 06:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good music replacement for Sortie 1, was thinking maybe

or

[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-27 15:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They are all gonna get annoying after spamming it. The same thing happened to the Abyssea song even tho it was a banger. Just natural when you spam the content endlessly. Jeeze, reading the comments on that video and seeing the blind hatred Abyssea got, what a shame. They created some incredible stuff for that era, including really cool monster models, weapons, armor, abilities.. spells.. Something we have never seen before on such a scale during that time period and yet people ***on it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-28 03:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if people like the current sortie music, I think it sounds completely out of place honestly. Not saying it's bad music, just that it doesn't fit with FF11 imo.