How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26
By CrAZYVIC 2024-05-19 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The most feasible option would be:

Each year, release a single area similar to Abyssea or Escha and sell that content for $60. At the same time, it's inevitable that the monthly subscription fee should increase to $16 + $1 per additional character. Obviously, this content should be designed for 12 people but with the possibility to enter with 18.

Many of us pay annually for FIFA, MADDEN, and NBA just to get a roster update, FUT Champions, and what else? A minor graphics upgrade every 4-5 years. So why not pay for FFXI to have at least one new area each year that makes us "grind" like the good old days of Reisenjima?

Abyssea-Sky in (Ru'aun Gardens) would be the first content I would launch, and these would be the bosses I would include:

Quadav King, Yagudo King, Orc King, Genbu, Suzaku, Seiryu, Byakko, Kirin, Voidwrought, Aello, Uptala, Kaggen, Akvan, Pil, Nidhogg, Aspidochelone, and King Behemoth. With Apex-Locus mobs that would give five to seven times more experience, allowing for faster job points and master levels, even solo or in small parties, with a brutal respawn rate to support competition among many parties. Plus adding one last upgrade for "Relic weapons" not REMAS just "R" for now.

Unfortunately, free content can no longer be created because Square Enix is going through a difficult financial situation, forced by Sony to release exclusives like FF16 and FF7 Remake Part 2. If they had been released for Xbox, PC, and PlayStation, the losses would have been smaller.

Porting the code of FFXI to PC would be as costly as making an FFXI remake using the FFXIV engine, respecting the gameplay, areas, etc.
[+]
By K123 2024-05-19 12:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Change every merit WS that doesn't increase in ftp to critical WSs with a baseline crit chance equivalent to Shining One or add more ftp increasing gear like fotia.
Upheaval would be insane, but it would be nice to not have to use naegling.
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-19 13:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
This might be one of the best candy discoveries of my adult life. So, sincerely, thank you for that.

Oh for sure, jelly beans are awesome. I don't know about peanut butter flavour (yuk), but you do you.
Sounds like it goes well with draught beer
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 13:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

60 bucks is a whole new game, not a DLC
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-19 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
60 bucks is a whole new game, not a DLC

Ubisoft: You sure fooled me
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 16:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ubisoft: "Skull and Bones has broken player engagement records"
>>Ubisoft puts Skull and Bones on sale 3 weeks after release

*** Ubisoft
[+]
By Mistressfifi 2024-05-19 17:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Idea #1: no one likes to do master trials. under 1% of players even try them... if they want people to do them, perhaps add bonanza weapon reward from RoE first time completion.(like a Kupon - Bnz) Bonanza weapons aren't that Broken. (most anyway) But it would give some reason to try these Goofy Fights Instead of Avoiding them Because there is 0 useful Reward.

Idea #2: Dynamis - Xarcabard (D) for Prime augments. Perhaps Wave 3 you fight Prime weapons Instead of Halos? Even If you dont have prime/not making stage 5, it might still be Fun/Interesting.
Can also add Dynamis - glacier for increasing augment limits
and potentially Dynamis - Dreamworld Divergent zones to further augment. (example you could maybe get item from glacier, + fight something in wave 2-3, & Get drop there & trade somewhere to unlock higher potential Rank on aeonic.)

Idea #3. Some new zone you can unlock after Beating TVR. (ive seen this mentioned somewhere else before saying we were originally supposed to get this zone. Dunno if its true or not)
I forget the story of Escha. but there is Room for expanding the areas. for example, we have escha ru'aun & zi'tah. can add in escha - ro'maeve. or Escha - Ru'Aivitu. You Zone into boyahda tree from Zi'tah. So can alawys add in Escha - Boyahda. Can even add in for example Boyahda Guardian (geas fete Hard boss) AKA Recolored Ramuh.

Obviously not all of these would be added. perhaps only 1-2 new Dyna zones for example. maybe 1-2 new escha zones, But. it would give something to do for a fair while. Even just bonanza voucher from Master trial RoE. (even though a fair few would still avoid MT all together) (some of these have been likely mentioned as well somewhere here. Idk. Would be interesting to see Idea 2/3)

EDIT: I Forgot to mention expanding on fellow & make him able to be a Trust. similarity to chocobo Whistle & mount
By zigzagzig 2024-05-19 17:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you mad ? Or work for S.E ?

We pay with x6 mules full wardrobes, almost 40 euros a month !

FF11 is the most expensive MMO (dead and old (and not even talking about Luas …))in the world.

No way, peoples are willing to pay more, Period !

If S.E loosing money, it is because of the Monkey's behaviour of their management.
And ignoring the Community, and tossing Fillers like there is no tomorrow….
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-05-19 17:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Stack the KI for sortie like canteens..

Ody too plz.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2024-05-19 17:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me the ability to directly control all of my trusts. Add alternative methods to getting muffins and prime weapons that don't require relying on 5 other people...even if it takes awhile. Like, you know, a public Sortie zone a la Walk of Echoes. Give similar paths for Odyssey gear. Make imprimaturs like assault tags. Stop making content that requires daily logins. Consider making the game open source if you aren't willing to do any of this. Adapt the game to the olds still playing. Consider teaming up with indie devs who care deeply for the game and want to improve it.

The one thing I actually appreciate about current FFXI is that my gear can still be relevant if I take a few months or a year off. Keep that the same.
By Jetackuu 2024-05-19 18:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

zigzagzig said: »
You're objectively wrong there. I'd gladly pay for another expansion.
[+]
By Mistressfifi 2024-05-19 19:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You're objectively wrong there. I'd gladly pay for another expansion.
It Depends on Each Person & the price. Some will pay for 8 wardrobes & multi box characters. some will pay for just a wardrobe or two. Then you have Cheap People like me who has just the free wardrobes..
& then there is the price... for example if it truly is 60$ for an expansion, i think a fair few people wouldnt pay that.. 5-15$? most/all would probably pay that. Including (Maybe) me who is Cheap.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-19 19:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies. Absolute lies
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-19 19:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone would buy the expansion
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 19:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Will the multiboxers buy the expansion at 60 bucks a pop per char?

FFXI was 7,800 yen on release, about $50 USD. This is all I could find of WotG price, but it looks like it was $20. I'm pretty sure SoA was 9.99.

Like I said, $60 is a brand new game, not a DLC. An expansion is a DLC.

He also said raise the monthly sub by 5 bucks lol.

The thread is how to improve modern FFXI, not kill the game off.
By Draylo 2024-05-19 19:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would. The average person who enjoys XI would def pay 60+ for an expansion. It really isn't a lot of money in todays world. Expansion is more than just DLC for MMOs, its not like a single player game. Like it was said earlier in the thread, most people here are past their 30's and 40's on avg, and most of them are settled with expendable income. If the came was going to reliably see content/meaningful additions, most people would not mind paying. I would even they rather do crowd funding than the absolute bare minimum constantly. Let the whales keep the game alive!

The worst is people who complain about the price (they used to do this all the time with the sub fee) and then they go and spend triple that on cigarettes and ***thats actually killing them, per month. I think it would be justified and people would pay it, thats just my opinion though and I may be out of touch but I have personally seen people spend a lot more than that on a lot less.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 19:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SoA launched at $30

Expansion wouldn't be $60. It'd be 40 max. Not even XIV charges 60 bucks for the expansions unless you go for digital deluxe
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-19 19:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pay more for content I actually wanted to do, wasn't locked behind statics, and feels like I could make progress beyond dripping into a 5 gallon bucket every time I go.

I think you'd see multiboxing slow down or reduced if content was made in a way that allowed people to pull in randoms without the risk of disaster. Other MMOs pull this off and are significantly more challenging to multibox, there is no reason this can't happen here.

If you made content people could group up for without being in a static, then I doubt you'd see as many people controlling six characters at once. So raising fees to make good/interesting content that people can actually do and enjoy would partly reduce multiboxing.
By Draylo 2024-05-19 19:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people weren't multi boxing Odyssey, I don't get why people act like its the worst thing we face atm. They created content that required a lot of precision and intricate use of JAs/setups/timing etc. Most average joe multi boxers weren't doing it. I didn't see everyone solo multi boxing Odyssey, Dynamis D, Sortie. Especially not on release, so I don't get where thats coming from. They were just botting EXP and doing low/mid tier content
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-19 21:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"Inflation"

Money is as unreal as it's ever been in my lifetime. You can pay too much for basic necessities and living, but you can't pay for a decent video game experience because most are crap these days. They could absolutely start charging decent money for mini expansions. The only thing that would stop them would be if we collectively decided they weren't a value as a community so SE started losing money on this game.

How many expansions did Ever Quest get?

Also this would not be soon.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-19 21:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
SoA launched at $30
It was the scenario addons and abyssea that were 9.99, right?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-19 22:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's right. Guess you could see them as 9.99 slices of 'larger' 29.99 'expansions' but that wouldn't quite be right
[+]
By fractalvoid 2024-05-20 01:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
How many expansions did Ever Quest get?

they got one in Dec 2023 that is $34.99 on their shop right now; their roadmap also projects dec 2024 will see another expansion.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-roadmap-2024

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

i'd gladly psy $60 for a ffxi expansion if they could absolutely NOT get the funding pulled out midway and actually deliver on all their intents/promises.

paying $30~ for more content is a no-brainer, really... paying "extra" so that they could actualize their vision for the game wouldn't really make me hesitate much more, especially at this point in the lifespan of the game
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-20 07:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So lucky... are their expansions like TVR/ROV or are they like SoA?
By Jetackuu 2024-05-20 08:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SoA was
$29.99
By Jetackuu 2024-05-20 08:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
SoA launched at $30
It was the scenario addons and abyssea that were 9.99, right?
each zone, aye
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-20 08:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

each zone, aye

Each set of 3 zones*
By Ovalidal 2024-05-20 10:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There are few people who'd love a new expansion / mini expansion / add-on for FFXI more than myself. I'm not sure how realistic this is though.

After reading what people have to say about Odyssey and Sortie improvements, the recommendations seem to boil down to 2 approaches:

1. Make Sortie and certain Odyssey rewards earnable through a wider pool of content.
- RoE Objectives.
- Integration with other content.

2. Make Sortie and Odyssey reward a wider pool of rewards.
- Make drops for Sortie sellable.
- Use new Odyssey rewards to insentivize more players towards Odyssey.

Which of these sounds more beneficial to the current gameplay loop?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-20 10:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither

The reason anyone would do them is for gear, there is nothing to use the gear on. If one wanted to motivate, the only available answer is give them a reason to need to.

Want doesn't exist in the context of do or don't, it is superseded by it's a must or it's pointless.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-20 10:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea was $10 an addon piece and then they bundled them later for less than $30.

Draylo said: »
So lucky... are their expansions like TVR/ROV or are they like SoA?

I don't play EQ but when it was released I was playing UO. We definitely used to make fun of EQ asking kids if they wanted to freebase this new expansion because they were getting pushed out so quick. Kids were absolute junkies for their mom's credit card.

Also this is totally semantics but while SOA added assets and was a traditional expansion, I'm fairly certain I enjoyed the content of ROV more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26