How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-05 09:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny, so I was going to take the time and math out my inventory issues, but it's a moot point because they are mine, not everyone elses. Suffice it to say that I recognize your point, but the nature of the game doesn't facilitate having an empty inventory.

Maletaru, I know you weren't disagreeing with my idea, I understand your points about the technical limitations and I tried to better explain my idea in the second post. perhaps it's specifically because I don't play nin, cor, rng that I 'm less familiar with the way ammo/consumables are handled. only ever subbing ninja, I wouldn't have access to being able to use the universal tools.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-05 10:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

When I sub nin I usually don't cast any ninjutsu or if I do, it's only ever Utsusemi so I never use the other tools. I suppose if you have a reason to use the nukes or if you want to save some gil by using Monomi/Tonko then you might carry those tools, but I never bother with that because Silent oil/Prism Powder are cheap enough as is. In my experience NIN needs 1-4 inventory for tools and /NIN needs 1, but I could see how that could be different depending on the content and your objectives.

It could be what Thorny said, they're not expanding inventory because it would restrict their wardrobe income, but I'm inclined to say it's because of the technical limitations of how slow it is (for some reason) to load extra equipment. After they introduced all the wardrobes my inventories are constantly "blinking" and doing annoying things, and it takes FOREVER to load them after zoning, so clearly there's something going on there and it's the reason they started with 4 wardrobes and not 8. You'd think if they were money-grubbers they'd have come right out the gate with 8, or even 10 or 12, wardrobes.

Call me a gullible sucker but I'm still of the opinion that the reason inventory sucks is an infrastructure/code problem, not a greed one.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-05 11:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's highly possible, I 'm not a programmer to know either way. the very instances I /nin are abyssea farming, and the specific mob i was using tools on was the bateye nm that you cant hit with physical attacks, and my lua swaps out ranged equipment so using a boomerang wasn't viable, but again, that's a me problem. also for this most recent vanabout, going /nin for the random elemental damage that thief couldn't deal with a WS
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-06-05 11:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
only ever subbing ninja, I wouldn't have access to being able to use the universal tools.

TBH, they should just make the universal tools usable by all jobs. There's no reason for the petty restriction on /NIN players, it's not affecting game balance in the slightest if they can use a single inventory slot for a stack of Shikanofuda to cast shadows AND sneak/invis.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-05 11:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They should take it even further. 1 tool for all spells, delete all the other tools from the game to make space.

I would say eliminate them all, but I don't want a menu full of ja
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-05 12:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the topic at hand though- how could SE reasonably improve the game. Implementing new I-level variants of the magean trials for weapons. they alreaady have 199 weapons in the emp, mythic, relic weapons, so there's little reason they can't complete the upgrade paths for all the o0ther weapons they made for 99 content. The TP bonus weapons would hold great appeal if they were actually relevant in 119 content, having boosted accuracy, damage, and possible stats.

I'm not necessarily suggesting new augment options, but having weapons at I-level does make a big difference for end game content and would open up more weapon combos than already exist
By Pantafernando 2024-06-05 12:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Make cutscenes skipable
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-05 14:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiggle physics
[+]
By K123 2024-06-05 14:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to the topic at hand though- how could SE reasonably improve the game. Implementing new I-level variants of the magean trials for weapons. they alreaady have 199 weapons in the emp, mythic, relic weapons, so there's little reason they can't complete the upgrade paths for all the o0ther weapons they made for 99 content. The TP bonus weapons would hold great appeal if they were actually relevant in 119 content, having boosted accuracy, damage, and possible stats.

I'm not necessarily suggesting new augment options, but having weapons at I-level does make a big difference for end game content and would open up more weapon combos than already exist
Offhand TP weapons would be OP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-05 14:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Really wouldn't make a noticeable difference aside from freeing up a madrigal.

Offhand having 100 more base damage means nothing.

Go to the dps spreadsheet thread and give thibron +100 base damage and 200 acc, see the dps increase enough to make you *** in your pants but be meaningless. Plus what, 500 dps when you're already at 10000. Not really ground breaking. Its more and its better but its nothing brokenly op.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-05 14:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »

Offhand TP weapons would be OP.

[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-05 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make aeonic tp bonus work in the offhand and call it a day. 2handers already have prime weapons. 1h only have naegling!

Sure there is slightly more nuance, but how much?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-06-05 16:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Jiggle physics
seconded
[+]
By waffle 2024-06-06 08:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiggle physics
Mumor in Heroine's Holdfast.
By LightningHelix 2024-06-06 11:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiggle physics
Then a DQX crossover event for that jiggly slime hat they have in FFXIV

and also make sure it doesn't scale down in size for tarus
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-06 19:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
Jiggle physics
Then a DQX crossover event for that jiggly slime hat they have in FFXIV

and also make sure it doesn't scale down in size for tarus

Only if the slime hat has jiggly boobs on top.
[+]
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-06 19:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Allow for /wait macros of decimal delays.

Ex: <wait 0.3>
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-07 04:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the best QoL things they could do, and that would be fairly easy to implement would be a balloon type 3rd chat window for mission / NPC interactions.

It's crazy to me they still have the game setup in the gross and messy way they do, where people talking in ls chat or shouts interfere with communications from the story or npc.

By Kadokawa 2024-06-07 05:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't Allow Multi-boxing that will fix lots of Modern FFXI issues.
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-06-07 06:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Kadokawa said: »

How will that specifically fix lots of issues?
 Bahamut.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-06-07 06:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d argue removing multi boxing won’t fix issues.

A lot of people multibox because they can’t find certain jobs for content. Most notably: Healer, Brd, Cor, Geo, Tank.

Given soloing content on a DD is so much easier, it makes sense why new players would be turned away from setting up such support roles. Imagine trying to Solo all missions while leveling Whm…

That being said, I have experienced multiple occasions whereas we disband @5/6 because we cannot find a job listed above. Multi boxing fixes this problem for a lot of people.

If SE didn’t create content that required a Tank, Healer, Geo, Cor, Brd to win —- and allowed only DD —- you’d see a lot less people multi boxing.

Maplestory, as an example, is an MMORPG where you can do bosses without a healer or tank.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-07 06:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree! This has to end to save our game!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-07 06:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How will that specifically fix lots of issues?

Let me mansplain this.

99.9% of ppl who played and are playing(even Horizon incels), say "OMG teehee partying with different from ALL OVER THE WORLD was awesome teehee I especially liked it when we did endgame teehee"

All the bots are multiboxers, that includes the RMT.

2 problems fixed right there immediately. Teehee.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-07 06:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the love of that idea but it just simply would not work at all, because not only are ffxi players not neet teenagers with unlimited time to burn anymore but the entire mmorpg genre is too old for that shi* in general.

LFG on your *** in jeuno, waiting hours to build a party, looking for key jobs like tank or healer or bard, schedules to enter based on when everyone is available to do Dynamis (when you already did it to death years ago anyway). It simply does not work outside of your rose tinted mindset.

People have this binary idea of mutliboxing, as in they either use trusts or they will play with you in the glory lands of everyone playing together and skipping and jumping. No they would just take the 3rd option and quit the game. Which would lead to it closing cause it's not making enough money for the disgusting money vampires that work at square nnix gimme money inc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-07 06:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
LFG on your *** in jeuno, waiting hours to build a party, looking for key jobs like tank or healer or bard, schedules to enter based on when everyone is available to do Dynamis (when you already did it to death years ago anyway). It simply does not work outside of your rose tinted mindset.
RIGHT??
By RadialArcana 2024-06-07 06:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Let me mansplain this.

[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-06-07 06:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t multi box, don’t even have 1 mule, but multi boxer aren’t the problem;
- cant multi box content that matters (try ody v20+ or sortie 8/8, bet ya it ain’t happening)
- help small group get something going (think ambu/low men unlock dyna…)
- multi boxer actually enjoy the struggle to get something working, it’s part of gaming for them, understanding, making line code… an evolution of gaming for some
- just like gearswap, there’s no other game than tolerate it, so it’s very niche and challenging for them, and they also love playing with just 1 character
- multiboxer tend to help a disproportionate amount of people in comparison to single boxer that just *** about it
- can’t pay to victory with multi boxing (no multi boxer has beat a V20), yet some pay 1-2-300$/month, so that actually help you/me guys with the SE/FFXI books
- who said dyna is good content?!?
- don’t confuse RMT with multi boxing, I bet you most aren’t having this galka army spamming salvage/old dyna 24/7 sounds way to time/energy consuming

If people want a clean vanilla server, then SE should make it clear with 1 free transfer and said “this server is free range, this server is straight vanilla, those server will be slightly monitor for abuse…” And see where that bring us in a year
By Dodik 2024-06-07 07:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
- cant multi box content that matters (try ody v20+ or sortie 8/8, bet ya it ain’t happening)

Is happening, I know people that do it. Fun, not particularly. But feasible.

V25s are a no-go as of yet though.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-07 07:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've 2boxed T3 and Bumba v20. Also half of the T1 and T2 at v25. BRD is pretty easy to 2 box to a bunch of them

Lots of people 2 box 8/8 too, I've been in pug that did it

Or you just mean 6 boxing?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 24 25 26