2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17
By jubes 2024-05-16 21:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i didn't participate at all last time, are the points a running total like total hallmarks or you spend from each tier separately?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 21:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I don't know an easier way to explain how the dailies are "supposed" to work.

Without like, literally drawing the damn thing so even the most clueless can figure it out.

There's a list of X dailies.

At midnight, all cleared dailies are replaced by the next ones on the list, everyone SHOULD have the opportunity to get every daily, but you can fall behind.

Will be able to confirm tomorrow when the first people load 15-22 and the people behind load 8-14 Then we will have a comprehensive list of dailies and how they work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 21:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
i didn't participate at all last time, are the points a running total like total hallmarks or you spend from each tier separately?

Running total, they arent expended so you can pick a bronze, a silver and a gold
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 21:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, I don't know an easier way to explain how the dailies are "supposed" to work.

Without like, literally drawing the damn thing so even the most clueless can figure it out.

There's a list of X dailies.

At midnight, all cleared dailies are replaced by the next ones on the list, everyone SHOULD have the opportunity to get every daily, but you can fall behind.

Will be able to confirm tomorrow when the first people load 15-22 and the people behind load 8-14 Then we will have a comprehensive list of dailies and how they work.

We don't need to wait. You got Heroes' Combat, but didn't clear all nine of the day one objectives. Heroes' Combat was the last day two objective. It's slots, not roster.

Clear Ambuscade: Seems to repeat (same in 1 and 2.)
Heal 300+: Seems to repeat same in 1 and 2.)
Deal 500+: Lightning, then wind. Same job different element?
Summit > Mandragorian > ???
Monster Rearing: Seems to repeat (same in 1 and 2.)
Weaponskills > Eternal Life > ???
Campaign Operative > Master Angler > ???
Gathering Storm > Emptiness > ???
Incursion > Heroes' Combat > ???

Apart from the Ambuscade ones being replaced with other Ambuscade ones, there doesn't seem to be a cohesive theme to any slot. You'd think Gathering Storm would lead into Heroes' Combat, login battlefield to login battlefield, but nope. Campaign and fishing don't look alike. It's anarchy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-16 21:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting if it works that way. TBH it's probably better this way, so people don't just end up getting the same objectives 14 days in a row, they get some variety even if they're always completing the 5th objective or whatever
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 21:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »
We don't need to wait

We do need a third day, and/or a screenshot to verify order, i picked an example order at random. Not being able to verify heroes was last based on unreliable sources etc

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Interesting if it works that way. TBH it's probably better this way, so people don't just end up getting the same objectives 14 days in a row, they get some variety even if they're always completing the 5th objective or whatever
After 2 jp midnights, uncleared ones will cycle regardless.

hey randoms, are yours in the same order mine are or not, screenshot plz (have completed different/more or all day one objectives)

Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 22:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys talking about how theres not enough proof when he's showing proof.
"Next man up" would mean his second screenshot should be:
Heal 300+
Deal 500+ wind
Mandragorian
Monster Rearing
Monster Rearing (unless someone wants to argue they cant have duplicates, in which case it would skip to Eternal Life)
Campaign Operative
Eternal Life (or Master Angler if the second Monster Rearing got skipped)
Incursion

The fact he has Emptiness instead of Master Angler is proof that each slot is on an individual rotation, is it not?
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-16 22:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

day2: objective1 is clear ambu. cleared all the day1 objectives.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 22:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it is indeed slot based, option 1 of the 2 postulated.

Now; how many cycles are there, SS tomorrow if you clear all

1>2>1>2>1>2
1>2>3>1>2>3
1>2>3>4>1>2
1>2>3>4>5>1
1>2>3>4>5>6

etcetc
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 23:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it is indeed slot based, option 1 of the 2 postulated.

Now; how many cycles are there, SS tomorrow if you clear all

1>2>1>2>1>2
1>2>3>1>2>3
1>2>3>4>1>2
1>2>3>4>5>1
1>2>3>4>5>6

etcetc

One horrible cruel unfair objective away. How am I even supposed to deal with an ENM with less than a full party, those things were a challenge back when people actually geared for 30.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 23:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, better team that *** up if you want dem pointies.

Or at least 2 box it doublepup

It's only relevant in the context that you really want a top ten title and an extra ~2k exemplar points. You can skip it and still clear gold with ease.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-05-17 00:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably already been said but avatar damage does not count for wind/thunder damage.
By Nariont 2024-05-17 00:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

One horrible cruel unfair objective away. How am I even supposed to deal with an ENM with less than a full party, those things were a challenge back when people actually geared for 30.

Use busted pets to clear it
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-17 00:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
It's probably already been said but avatar damage does not count for wind/thunder damage.

Kind of expected, because SE hates summoners. I put in a bug report about it, can't wait to see them say "yes, this is exactly as we will it to be."
By Tarage 2024-05-17 00:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »

Kind of expected, because SE hates summoners. I put in a bug report about it, can't wait to see them say "yes, this is exactly as we will it to be."
This should come as a surprise to no one, but I am blocked from the OF.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-17 01:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably mentioned already but Sabiki Rig catching 2 or 3 sardines counts each individual fish toward the catch 30 sardines objective
[+]
By Beau 2024-05-17 04:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Halcyon Rod is the fastest also (even though I have ebisu+1).
By Chimerawizard 2024-05-17 04:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

reposting from discord w/o permission. apparently jug pet didn't despawn on entry. looks like it did get level sync'd but at its level, probably wouldn't be able to summon it inside.
makes me wonder if that's possible for automatons too. get more attachments than should be possible under the level cap.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-17 05:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, better team that *** up if you want dem pointies.

Or at least 2 box it doublepup

It's only relevant in the context that you really want a top ten title and an extra ~2k exemplar points. You can skip it and still clear gold with ease.

Yeah this is how I see this. If you need completion or a title, then this is hard and even more so if you didn't start with the JP on the first day. If all you want is gold, you're going to get it easy.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-17 05:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Halcyon Rod is the fastest also (even though I have ebisu+1).
What are you basing this on? My understanding was that rod doesn't change what fish you hook at all, just the chance of line break or fish too small. The enhancements on ebisu should make the minigame easiest as well.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-17 06:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Weirdly enough, the rod can affect the fish you can catch.

Some specifically will not target small or large etc
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-17 06:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get the message 'the fish was too small' if it was too small, or 'the line broke' if it was too large, but I thought you still hooked them.
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2024-05-17 06:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »

reposting from discord w/o permission. apparently jug pet didn't despawn on entry. looks like it did get level sync'd but at its level, probably wouldn't be able to summon it inside.
makes me wonder if that's possible for automatons too. get more attachments than should be possible under the level cap.

Yeah, the first time I went in on PUP my automation wouldn't spawn due to my attachments. I took a few off and tried it and lost.

Then I actually used the attachment set that people use for Up in Arms and got the level 50 oil and did the fight in Promy-Vahzl. I practiced on a level 50 BCNM to make sure all my attachments were accepted. I also used the level 40 Turbo Animator. Needless to say I was able to solo the level 50 Promy. I also brought a few dawn mulsums in case, but didn't need them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-17 06:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

You can get the message 'the fish was too small' if it was too small, or 'the line broke' if it was too large, but I thought you still hooked them.

Well yeah, it'd say too small or large etc and not let you reel

As ebisu would target everything, suppose the bite rate on a rod that specifically targets small only could be better. Sibiki rig should eliminate that though, so idk.

I think it'd be a minor difference though, really.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-17 07:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabiki Rig should isolate sardines and quus on the boat while also having the advantage of being able to hook multiples. Forgot about cone calamary, that's probably going to be the one that gets hooked a lot.

My understanding is a higher-level fisherman would skew towards more quus as it's the higher level fish so a level 0 fisherman should actually have an easier time. Certain rods like composite and mithran (iirc) were notorious for missing out on smaller fish back in the day. I don't see why you wouldn't use Ebisu if you have it.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-17 07:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
Chimerawizard said: »

Yeah, the first time I went in on PUP my automation wouldn't spawn due to my attachments. I took a few off and tried it and lost.

Then I actually used the attachment set that people use for Up in Arms and got the level 50 oil and did the fight in Promy-Vahzl. I practiced on a level 50 BCNM to make sure all my attachments were accepted. I also used the level 40 Turbo Animator. Needless to say I was able to solo the level 50 Promy. I also brought a few dawn mulsums in case, but didn't need them.

And if you do it BST, then make sure you are in the zone that lets you enter the battlefield to summon your pet because BST pets wipe between zones.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-17 07:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Sabiki Rig should isolate sardines and quus on the boat while also having the advantage of being able to hook multiples.

My understanding is a higher-level fisherman would skew towards more quus as it's the higher level fish so a level 0 fisherman should actually have an easier time. Certain rods like composite and mithran (iirc) were notorious for missing out on smaller fish back in the day. I don't see why you wouldn't use Ebisu if you have it.

Lu/Ebisu should target more quus/calimari, higher skill cap means higher bite rate vs lower cap fish.

It would depend on how the fishing table/process was written, priority order in the algebra and all that

Stuff that no one has ever cared about or looked into. (I wouldn't go buy a new rod if I had 110 and ebisu unless it was significantly noticeable)
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-17 07:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I edited, but I forgot that cone calamary also bites sabiki rig. That didn't exist way back in the day.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2024-05-17 07:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ENM30 in Dem was an extremely easy trio with MNK MNK WHM. We ignored the add and used Hundred Fists. Getting there took longer than the actual fight.

Heroes’ Comba(a)t was also an easy trio with BRD WHM MNK. I had intended to Overdrive it, but we got Ajido and his magic just shredded my puppet. Also didn’t have level appropriate oils, but he probably wouldn’t have been an issue if I had used magic defense attachments and brought oil. Will try again if the objective rerolls.

30 sardines took me 2 boat rides and my friend 3. I think I easily had 30+ quus and calamari before getting the sardine quota. I was using Lu Shang +1 and he used Ebisu +1, both using sabiki rigs. Reeling in 2-3 fish will count for 2-3 objectives, similar to the region fishing RoE quests.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-17 08:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Sabiki Rig should isolate sardines and quus on the boat while also having the advantage of being able to hook multiples.

Lu/Ebisu should target more quus/calimari, higher skill cap means higher bite rate vs lower cap fish.

It would depend on how the fishing table/process was written, priority order in the algebra and all that

Stuff that no one has ever cared about or looked into. (I wouldn't go buy a new rod if I had 110 and ebisu unless it was significantly noticeable)

Yeah skill is the big thing. My 110 main took 1.5 boat rides longer to finish than my 30 and 0 skill mules. I did the latter half w/ Halcyon on my main since the mule using that finished and still got tons of Calamari and Quus

Worth noting that if you live on a server w/ a big JP population and the quests work the way I think they do, you shouldn't expect rank 1-10 unless you were able to play early yesterday morning. They've got a major advantage due to the time this thing started and had a much better shot at getting 2 sets of quests than the rest of us.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 16 17