Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 10:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nah, it leaves the old and adds the new, they overlap for 1 day, I think

When's that supposed to happen? It wasn't at JP midnight, that gave the character with completed dailies new tasks, but gave the characters with uncompleted dailies nothing new.

It's not on task completion, that just leaves the completed task.

It's not on zone.

It's not on character login.

I'll try POL login next just in case, but it sure looks like you only get to hold one day's worth of dailies, and the carry-over is just which day. (EDIT: POL login did not change the available tasks either.)
By jubes 2024-05-16 10:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

don't forget to max tonberry hate to efficiently clear the damage taken objective!

also, revised opinion seeing that you can skip most of the tedium if it doesn't appeal to you, definite improvement over round 1.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 10:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »

When's that supposed to happen? It wasn't at JP midnight, that gave the character with completed dailies new tasks, but gave the characters with uncompleted dailies nothing new.

It's not on zone.

I'll try POL login next just in case, but it sure looks like you only get to hold one day's worth of dailies, and the carry-over is just which day. (EDIT: POL login did not change the available tasks either.)

They autorolled at jp midnight, i have the new ones and the ones from yesterday i didnt do
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-05-16 10:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Here's our excuse to break away from the grind and try some things we never would have done otherwise.

The main thing that helps me break away from the grind is grouping with people who need help/Helping friends. SE isn't getting new players to play FFXI and my friends are egging me to play other games. When I bring up FFXI they look at me like some drug addict trying to shoot up in the middle of a line at Mcdonalds

SE needs to learn how to make their players happy again instead of just digging their grave
[+]
By drakefs 2024-05-16 10:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda feels like the VB daily goals are Monthly RoE Deeds quest that didn't make the cut...
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 10:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not on zone.

They autorolled at jp midnight, i have the new ones and the ones from yesterday i didnt do
I completed all the VBDs before JP midnight, none of those vanabout RoE have reset, anyone else have this happen?
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not on zone.

Interesting. Had you logged in at all between the first objectives being issued and JP midnight?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 11:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine reset, didn't logout

Heals reset, and the rest rolled to new ones.

Heals > heals
Do 500 thunder > do 500 wind
Do weaponskills > Survive one ambu
Can't do monster rearing > its still there
Cook sausages > mandragora mad
Didnt do campaign OP > its still there
Gathering Swarm > Emptiness
Didnt do incursion > its still there
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 11:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not on zone.

Interesting. Had you logged in at all between the first objectives being issued and JP midnight?
I logged my char out and back in, no reset of objectives, they are completely gone from my list, not even like in a completed status. I wonder if it's because I submitted my ranking to the moogle npc.
By jubes 2024-05-16 11:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i have clear 1 ambu, heals, and 5 ws complete. no new ones replacing them. have not talked to moogle.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you install xiview or some other dat modding thing despite knowing you shouldnt

I dont know if thats why, or whatever, but mines working as intended.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 11:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you install xiview or some other dat modding thing despite knowing you shouldnt

I dont know if thats why, or whatever, but mines working as intended.
I have not, running a file check. For all the objectives to vanish completely seems like very odd behavior. Did anyone else submit a ranking and have objectives stay/disappear?
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 11:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine reset, didn't logout

Heals reset, and the rest rolled to new ones.

Heals > heals
Do 500 thunder > do 500 wind
Do weaponskills > Survive one ambu
Can't do monster rearing > its still there
Cook sausages > mandragora mad?
Didnt do campaign OP > its still there
Gathering Swarm > Emptiness?
Didnt do incursion > its still there

Today's objectives are Clear an Ambuscade, Heal 300+ Damage, Deal 500+ Wind Damage, Mandragorian, Monster Rearing, Eternal Life, Master Angler, Emptiness, and Heroes' Combat. If you're missing any of those, then, surprise!

It seems like you get 9 daily objectives, and the ones you've done get replaced with the next day's at midnight while the ones you haven't done stick around for a day. It's not a catch-up mechanic, it's a "you didn't want to do this one? Well too bad" mechanic.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 11:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That tracks, saves the ones you didnt do, replaces the ones you did

Question becomes if you do yesterdays NOW (after the roll over) will it roll to the next so that it will be a catch up.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer, nope. At least, you don't get new ones as you clear old ones. Do you get double the tasks tomorrow if you do yesterday's today, though? That, I hope I can answer tomorrow. Emptiness and Heroes' Combat sound like a bad time though.

This is already starting to feel like a lot of work for 3 scoria (that'll tank in value anyway) or 594 alexandrite.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 11:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

File check was 100% a-ok. Shutting down and restarting the game did not restore them. Feel like I'm being punished for doing all the objectives prior to JP midnight.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 11:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer, nope. At least, you don't get new ones as you clear old ones. Do you get double the tasks tomorrow if you do yesterday's today, though? That, I hope I can answer tomorrow. Emptiness and Heroes' Combat sound like a bad time though.

This is already starting to feel like a lot of work for 3 scoria (that'll tank in value anyway) or 594 alexandrite.

1 Scoria, unless you mean 3 characters.

I wouldn't even pretend to do these as a multiboxer, I'll do it on one for varifications (and I want the deeds)
((And then they'll ban my one account I tested on as a punishment just like they did on my testing titles character))
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 11:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Scoria, unless you mean 3 characters.

I wouldn't even pretend to do these as a multiboxer, I'll do it on one for varifications (and I want the deeds)

That's for three, yeah. Like I said, a lot of work, I might give up and just push on the main instead but a lot of objectives look like things that everybody gets credit for at once (and the one-at-a-time ones are relatively quick.)

One character gets 198 alexandrite, which is... not a bad as it could be, I guess, I expected it to be one, or maybe a single stack.
By Dodik 2024-05-16 11:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
File check was 100% a-ok. Shutting down and restarting the game did not restore them. Feel like I'm being punished for doing all the objectives prior to JP midnight.

Disable xipivot if you're using that.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-16 11:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming the answer is no but can Ethereal weapons be dboxed?
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 11:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »

Disable xipivot if you're using that.
Not using it.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Assuming the answer is no but can Ethereal weapons be dboxed?

Not at the moment. Probably won't change because these are extra special costume pieces like the Bonanza ones, can't let somebody just have them all just because they spent the time and resources to earn them on a dozen mules.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***we're gonna hit all 4 million in one day. (as in by tomorrow)

823,860 / 4,000,000

The thirst for cornyface is real.
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 12:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Submitted a bug report in case anyone else has a similar issue and wants to chime in on their official forum:
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/61714-Vana-Bout-Records-of-Eminence-Quests-did-not-refresh-after-JP-Midnight?p=660444

Feels like I'm probably going to be screwed out of the reward tiers/title.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-16 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Or the goals were not tailored to soloists requiring locking down an instanced event with limited spots for 20 minutes three times a day so people are actually able to do it. Also the dailies having 20 and 30 plaudits as a reward opposed to all being 10 surely helps string things along quicker.

But sure, in an era where everyone has their own army of buffers, its "the thirst for cornyface"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-16 12:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels like I'm probably going to be screwed out of the reward tiers/title.

You wont have an issue getting gold still, as long as it comes back tomorrow, but you have no shot at a title (probably didnt anyway if we're being honest) looks like many people will max out and race to qualify first.
By Godfry 2024-05-16 12:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***we're gonna hit all 4 million in one day. (as in by tomorrow)

823,860 / 4,000,000

The thirst for cornyface is real.

SE doesn't deserve its playerbase. They always underestimate the passion FFXI fans have for the game...
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-16 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Here's our excuse to break away from the grind and try some things we never would have done otherwise.

The main thing that helps me break away from the grind is grouping with people who need help/Helping friends. SE isn't getting new players to play FFXI and my friends are egging me to play other games. When I bring up FFXI they look at me like some drug addict trying to shoot up in the middle of a line at Mcdonalds

SE needs to learn how to make their players happy again instead of just digging their grave

Hey man stop trying to normalize shooting up in McDs! We all know what this game is for the people it's currently made for.

I'm enjoying that it blatantly gives them the ability to make us do content that we skipped and have probably no clue even exists. No, none of it is relevant for end game so lots of people have probably never done some/any of these. They tricked me into doing my 2nd ever campaign ops and I don't remember the first one. I'd really like it if they start working on ilvl Campaign after Besieged if both are not completely awful AND pointless.
 Fenrir.Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-16 13:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, fun.

Can now confirm with a character I hadn't logged in previously: If you logged into POL but not a given character when the day 1 objectives were up, you seem to only get the day 2 ones for that character.

Would like to hear from someone who hadn't logged in to POL prior to JP midnight; if the last (VBD) objective on your list is Incursion (VBD), you got day 1, if it's Heroes' Combat (VBD) you got day 2, and if - and only if - both of those are in your list, then the system's working in a non-hostile sort of way.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-16 13:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe I'm going to agree with Eiryl here, but vanabout is the most *** thing they've done in some time.

I'm not dedicating any of my time to *** 20 year old quests DAILY. My time is too important for that. I might do the weekly things, but it will be by accident, and not because I'm "doing vanabout"
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17