Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 08:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to fail even harder than the first try.

Hope you like fishing.

Absolutely no one is going to get on the boat and fish every day for 2 weeks. Not even the hardest core Stan. *(unless the gold reward is f.u.c.k.i.n.g. a.m.a.z.i.n.g.)

Silver Tier was lowered from 900 to 750

If you want a top ten exclusive title you better be awake at jp midnight on the last day and register first.

In fairness the OP was just to be incendiary.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-05-10 09:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was it announced that it's fishing? I really hope it is!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 09:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the requirements of the fishing quest? Does it have to be fishing on a specific boat for a specific fish? There are a lot of degrees of difficulty in fishing from insanely annoying to absurdly easy. Depending what they're asking us to do, it could be a 3 minute breeze or an obnoxious grind.

I'm inclined to say, especially with fishing fatigue being what it is, they aren't going to make one of the vana'bout quests to fish up level 110+ fish on a boat with an ex bait...it's probably going to be like "reel in 10 large fish" or some BS.

Even if it were "catch 10 legendary fish" it would just be...optional? Like if you're given 20 quests a day and you just do whichever ones you can/want to?

Did they give any details about the actual requirements for any of the vanabout quests this round?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 10:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fish up x level zero fish on the selbina-mhaura ferry

Extremely easy. But highly obnoxious.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-10 10:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fishing up x level zero fish is "highly obnoxious" when the only baseline was attaining these daily goals in a congested instanced event:
Clear Ambuscade Clear any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (3).
Heal 300+ HP Heal yourself, a party member, or alliance member for at least 300 HP in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Ice Damage Deal 500 ice elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Lightning Damage Deal 500 lightning elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Wind Damage Deal 500 wind elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Execute Skillchains Execute a skillchain in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10)
Don't Die Clear any Ambuscade without dying the requisite number of times (3).
Execute Weapon Skills Execute weapon skills in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (20).
Execute Magic Bursts Execute magic bursts in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Clear Normal Difficulty Clear any Ambuscade on normal difficulty or higher the requisite number of times (3).

Fishing x level zero fish on the ferry is not "highly obnoxious" compared to those other goals, simply because those goals were tied to a congested instanced event.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-10 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it highly obnoxious? You can get a rod and bait off an NPC, teleport directly to Selbina or Mhaura, and if you time it right get straight on the boat, be done in probably less than 5 minutes, certainly no more than 10. No skill involved, no job requirements, no gear requirements...this is much much easier than anything in the ambu one last time.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-10 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they say when the details would be out? I thought the original plan was to run it in May
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 10:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I'm reading it wrong you don't even have to do it every day this time, it stores missions up for 2 or 3 days at a time.
By drakefs 2024-05-10 10:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Heal 300+ HP Heal yourself, a party member, or alliance member for at least 300 HP in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Ice Damage Deal 500 ice elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Lightning Damage Deal 500 lightning elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Deal 500+ Wind Damage Deal 500 wind elemental damage to monsters in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).
Execute Skillchains Execute a skillchain in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10)
Execute Weapon Skills Execute weapon skills in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (20).
Execute Magic Bursts Execute magic bursts in any Ambuscade the requisite number of times (10).

Oh good, I am so glad they learned and made them group friendly this time around...

Sigh, goddamn it SE.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 10:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Unless I'm reading it wrong you don't even have to do it every day this time, it stores missions up for 2 or 3 days at a time.

Not home to look deeper into it, only had a cursory glance.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-10 11:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Oh good, I am so glad they learned and made them group friendly this time around...

Sigh, goddamn it SE.

Those are last time's objectives, quoted to make a point. By all accounts, this time seems likely to be much better thought out. Though, I don't think the measure of it should be how easily you can get credit for all your multiboxes that you can't control effectively.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-10 11:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I really thought it was clear that those were December VanaBouts objectives.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 11:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Not home to look deeper into it, only had a cursory glance.

The slide in question. There's also mention of objectives giving different amounts (mostly higher) points, and the requirement for silver/gold being lower this time. They also mention adding items like dynamis currency and alexandrite to personal rewards as well as some Shantotto lockstyles.
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-05-10 12:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Sigh, goddamn it SE.

Lol so i don have to clear enter as paladin than rune loo?
By jubes 2024-05-10 12:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

where is this info coming from?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The freshly picked

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/presents/info/20240510003928.html
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 12:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bastardine lmao
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that they're trying to drive competition with the top 10 earners getting special titles.

That's, how you motivate crackheads.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 12:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's taking more of the Ishgardian Restoration's design choices from over in XIV. That was a rather successful implementation of what Vanabout was probably supposed to be, including the top 10/top 100 special titles.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 12:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-10 13:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, if "we" hit the goal, the new campaign is Odyssey Bonus

Sheol gives 1.5x bonus segs and bonus exemplar, double crates and unlock Cornelia for 2 months

Just guessing the stretch goals will include Cornelia to 6 months cause 2 seems odd.

6 months of cornelia, and extra segs for 1 month(ish) and a special title for SuperStans... Maybe this one won't actually fail as hard as the first.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2024-05-10 18:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

unlock Cornelia for 2 months

Could be 2 days, SIGN ME UP!!!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2024-05-10 21:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys think they will add Mesos for Aminion RoE? Please baby jesus
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-10 21:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

would be nice but, because of that, the answer is 'no'
[+]
By jubes 2024-05-10 22:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

it's like the guy who forgot his anniversary and didn't buy anything, well this year someone reminded him

glad to see fujito remembers how to have fun
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-05-10 23:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, if "we" hit the goal, the new campaign is Odyssey Bonus

Sheol gives 1.5x bonus segs

Funny enough, if y'all hit this I'll prob come back to XI during the event period. I liked doing Ody c, but farming segs is painful @1x speed.

Edit: I appreciate that I am the epitome of the Free Rider Problem.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-10 23:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I interpreted it as 1.5x the bonus at the end, not overall.
By drakefs 2024-05-11 10:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I interpreted it as 1.5x the bonus at the end, not overall.

It looks like the 1.25x seg bonus we get for touching the exit is being increased to 1.5x.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-11 10:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »

It looks like the 1.25x seg bonus we get for touching the exit is being increased to 1.5x.

This, Or; Total*1.25*1.5

Total*1.5 instead of total*1.25 is functionally zero increase for such a large amount of effort.

Whereas total*1.25*1.5 is almost double, more appropriate for a campaign
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13