2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Gearing PLD 2024
Gearing PLD 2024
First Page 2
By Shunnedbahamut 2024-03-30 08:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been searching forums and it seems each topic you click on has a "new" idea of the best set for this and that. I don't know anything about these spreadsheets people are using to verify what sets are the best while maintaining stats x,y,and z capped. So this may seem like a simple enough questions but I'm sure it will also cause some heavy debates but can someone share their sets for current content? (Omen, Ody, Sortie)

Also without the use of lua's can you macro in a fast cast and mid-cast set into the same macro and it be dependable?
example:
/equipset 1
/ma "Cure IV" <me>
<wait 1>
/equipset 2
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-30 09:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

/equipset 1
/ma "Cure IV" <me> <wait 1>
/equipset 2 <wait X>
/equipset 3

eq set 1 is your fast cast, set 2 is your potency, X is how long until the spell goes off, and set 3 is your idle/engaged

you can put the <wait 1> commands on the end of macro lines to save you lines so you can make more complicated macros if you need them
By Shunnedbahamut 2024-03-30 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input on that, I kind of assumed it might be possible but not having a fast cast set myself I didn't know if the game would register the equipset changes before the spell went off
By Nariont 2024-03-30 09:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The bgwiki community guide under brahmz(sp?) sets has fairly up to date pieces with some having content levels associated like basic tank sets.

As for swapping yeah the above is the best way though not perfect as youll need to find the wait that matches the casting time of your spell, was one of many reasons i went to luas myself
 Asura.Slugger
Server: Asura
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugger 2024-03-30 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

<wait 0.5>
By Shunnedbahamut 2024-03-30 11:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
The bgwiki community guide under brahmz(sp?) sets has fairly up to date pieces with some having content levels associated like basic tank sets.

As for swapping yeah the above is the best way though not perfect as youll need to find the wait that matches the casting time of your spell, was one of many reasons i went to luas myself

Thanks, I wasn't sure how updated that guide was as the Sakpata's was considered the end all, be all for gearing. I will revisit it though as I do have Sakpata's so it would just be accessory hunting.

Asura.Slugger said: »
<wait 0.5>

I'll try this along with the previous advice and see how it all works together. I may have to get the equipviewer addon
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-30 11:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For all intents and purposes you can't use FC with SIRD without gearswap, as you'll be interrupted during the 1 second wait.
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-03-30 12:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use FC in your SIRD.equipsets as a non GS player, just not very much of it.

Macro would look like this:

/equip Head "Chevalier's armet +3"
/equip Body "Reverence surcoat +3"
/equip Back "Rudianos's Mantle" # (Make sure your FC PLD cape is in a seperate wardrobe from your other PLD capes)
/equip Feet "Chevalier's sabatons +3"
/ma "Cure III" <stpc>
/equipset # (Your Cure.SIRD equipset)
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-03-30 12:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you would need to drop one of those pieces, as ingame macros are only five lines long.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-30 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In game macros are 6, but presumably you want the 6th line to swap back to idle gear
By Seun 2024-03-30 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slugger said: »
<wait 0.5>

This works in a macro, but gets rounded up to 1 second. That said, FC is kinda overkill for anything you'd need to change gear for in under a second.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-03-30 19:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why... Wouldn't you just use gearswap? I genuinely don't understand why anyone would play without it in 2024.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-03-30 20:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
Why... Wouldn't you just use gearswap? I genuinely don't understand why anyone would play without it in 2024.

I'd really love to at least have the option of being vanilla compatible, but... yeah. They really screwed the pooch on the implementation of equipset, 1 second cooldown doesn't sound like much but it just makes certain things impossible.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-31 00:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't want to cheat and/or break TOS.

Some people might just not be able to figure out or want to deal with managing lua files and handling errors.

Everyone has their own preferences on how to play the game; if you cannot comprehend that other people would hold a different opinion than yours, that's really close-minded.
By Seun 2024-03-31 01:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Zenion said: »

I'd really love to at least have the option of being vanilla compatible, but... yeah. They really screwed the pooch on the implementation of equipset, 1 second cooldown doesn't sound like much but it just makes certain things impossible.

PS2 limitations. Actually, data traveling long distances on the internet 20+ years ago limitations.

Vanilla in 2024 is actually easier than it ever was. Gear creep allows us to combine idle/precast in most circumstances and completely cut out a step.

idle > preacst > midcast > idle

idle/precast > midcast
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-31 06:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people don't want to learn or it's not fun for them so they won't do it. It's not like there aren't other places where people don't need to do the requirements but can still get rewards, asura merc culture.
---

On topic, PLD and WHM both use SIRD sets regularly at high level so they can't be stopped from completing their casts from damage. They are much more functional using gear swap. You can still be interrupted other ways so you may want to look into anchor as well.

Martel did provide how to do knockback reduction legit. It's high level but it's also cool to have goals
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2024-03-31 07:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anchor is solidly within ***that can get you banned territory. How about we not teach relative newbies to do one of the few things that will still get them in trouble when just standing in front of a corner fixes knockback problems?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-03-31 09:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Anchor is solidly within ***that can get you banned territory.

There is not a single piece of content in the game where knockback can't be overcome with legitimate means (ie gear or the tried and true back to the wall).

People who use Anchor are the same people who use bots. Lazy cheaters who pat themselves on the back for winning despite not having the skill to win without exploits.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-31 16:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Anchor is solidly within ***that can get you banned territory. How about we not teach relative newbies to do one of the few things that will still get them in trouble when just standing in front of a corner fixes knockback problems?

Cheating is rampant and no one is getting banned. Why don't we not lie to the relative newbies about the current state of the game. There is no high horse anymore, they let donkeys and all sorts of crazy ***in these days so long as they pay their sub and they aren't antagonizing other players.

The only thing that is going to get you in trouble is getting reported by another player AND it being something that is obvious. So please don't cheat in the open world or in pugs that you don't trust. Everything important is done with 6 people, those are the people that can get you in trouble. Play with good people and have a good time.

If they were looking for cheaters, all they would have to do is query ML 50 characters and check when they were gaining EP. The servers would be ghost towns.
By Hopalong 2024-03-31 16:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anchor and React, might as well buy gil. Totally missing the point of today's ffxi.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-31 17:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To enjoy playing a game with other people? Or I guess you and 5 of your bots.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-03-31 17:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Anchor and React, might as well buy gil. Totally missing the point of today's ffxi.

I have more sympathy for the React folks. If you play this game in Japan, you see messages in your log 3-4 secs faster than an N/A player. It's a gross disadvantage.

I was doing Ambu with a JP group last week. They literally had the mob pulled to the corner and engaged as I was zoning in. Every single time. And I'm playing this game on a 4070 TI. I load into zones pretty damn fast for an N/A. There's just no comparison.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-31 17:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you derail this with arguing about which version of moral high ground you think is best, actually contribute to a new/returning person's knowledge on how to play PLD in the current era.
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2024-03-31 17:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Hopalong said: »

I have more sympathy for the React folks. If you play this game in Japan, you see messages in your log 3-4 secs faster than an N/A player. It's a gross disadvantage.

I was doing Ambu with a JP group last week. They literally had the mob pulled to the corner and engaged as I was zoning in. Every single time. And I'm playing this game on a 4070 TI. I load into zones pretty damn fast for an N/A. There's just no comparison.

What job did you join with
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-31 18:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of anyone's feelings about how easy JPs have it, you can do everything in this game without react, gs, or anchor. If you're not capable of doing that, feel free to add whatever crutches you need to help get you across the finish line. Ease up on the excuses though, might make you feel like you earned it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-03-31 18:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping for some 2024 PLD stuff, but instead we got the regular grievances like if any of this stuff prevents you from playing and be successful.

#MakeVanadielGreatAgain

Now if only someone can post PLD stuff…
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-31 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately PLD is one of those jobs where you have too many variables to worry about and a lot of different ways to get there. I think the guides are reasonably up-to-date with their equip sets.

I'd say try to make sure all of your sets have 50% DT in them and have roughly the same HP amount (within ~200 of each other). After that, you'll want to prioritize the stats needed for them (+phalanx, SIRD, enmity, cure potency, or whatever).

It's not as simple as a DD job where you can just say "get these sets and you're all set" as there's a lot of nuance, including whether you're tanking a single enemy or a giant pile of mobs and what kind of damage/debuffs they're doing, how often you're being dispelled, etc.

If you're looking for a complete lua to give you a list of items to collect, you're going to get 5 different answers from 5 different PLDs, and even then you would need several hours of sit-down conversation with them about what they built their sets for and how they use them.

I'll gladly post all my sets, but I doubt it would be very useful for most people since I use equipsets and have 6 macro sets for PLD which is pretty unwieldy for most beginner PLDs.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2024-04-01 03:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

Hi!
I do small updates intermittently on the Community Guide, but I honestly haven't had much reason to add to it and couldn't think of better options that felt objectively better outside of personal preference. I still keep an eye on the forum in case a question pops up I can possibly answer. I just don't post often.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-04-01 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD isn't overly complex, doesn't really "need" fast cast or a whole lot of bells and whistles.

Most content maintaining capped SIRD/DT with enmity+ is going be more favourable which you can do and not have massive dips to HP/DT that a fast cast set is tyically known for. IMO focus should be on making the following sets maintaining capped DT/HP balance.

Tanking set
SIRD enmity set
SIRD cure set
Phalanx set (this one will fluctuate a lot and lacks DT but a very important set)
Max Enmity set

Outside of using fast cast efficiently for casting jobs, gearswap is more just a QoL thing. Equipsets can and do work just fine.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-01 11:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
PLD isn't overly complex, doesn't really "need" fast cast or a whole lot of bells and whistles.

Most content maintaining capped SIRD/DT with enmity+ is going be more favourable which you can do and not have massive dips to HP/DT that a fast cast set is tyically known for. IMO focus should be on making the following sets maintaining capped DT/HP balance.

Tanking set
SIRD enmity set
SIRD cure set
Phalanx set (this one will fluctuate a lot and lacks DT but a very important set)
Max Enmity set

Outside of using fast cast efficiently for casting jobs, gearswap is more just a QoL thing. Equipsets can and do work just fine.

where is WS set and TP SET!!
First Page 2