First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-29 09:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I didn't ask if it was potent, I said it was probably not infinite and asked if there was data about it. Without knowing more than that, you can't decide conclusively whether it can be dealt with.

It's not infinite. It's the same blink effect that all Bztavian posses. It's just an ability they have. You can see it firsthand fighting the wildskeeper reive version - Colkhab. You can eat through it easily enough with a bunch of trusts whacking at it and a high attack rate, but you'll also be accuracy capped and fully hasted in there. It's really hard to use single hit weaponskills against him. I can't tell you the number of times I've had my rudra's eaten up by his shadows. I usually just break out terpsichore, get mythic AM 3 up and spam pyrrhic kleos for that reason. If you're banking on using prime weaponskills in a melee setup against the bee, which all work like rudras where only the first hit really matters, then you're going to have a very bad time fighting him that way. Multi hit is pretty much required to melee a Bztavian.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-29 10:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
In 1 single run, 147 light skillchains. all ranging from 10k to 99k. Coronach is also used occasionally due to enmity capping during mid phase of the fight. Hits for 70k~ on average. Used less than 15 times in 1 pull.
Counting all Last Stand in 1 fight, around 400~

400 WS could be 280+ skillchains with terminus, at 60k a pop that's over 7 million damage on the table (whether it's more or less in practice is hard to say; you absolutely would lose some WS frequency to accomplish it, but if you can also skip coronach and save some august regen by clearing faster, it can save more time than the damage implies).

Can't say it's that exciting to think you may need 3 of the same prime to win though, so still not ready to completely give up on a possibility for another strategy.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-02-29 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't tried this fight yet, so 0 frame of reference, but reading through all the accuracy issues associated with this fight, I can't help but wonder what a SAM would do with Regal Capt. Gauntlets + Zanshin procs.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-29 10:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
In 1 single run, 147 light skillchains. all ranging from 10k to 99k. Coronach is also used occasionally due to enmity capping during mid phase of the fight. Hits for 70k~ on average. Used less than 15 times in 1 pull.
Counting all Last Stand in 1 fight, around 400~

400 WS could be 280+ skillchains with terminus, at 60k a pop that's over 7 million damage on the table (whether it's more or less in practice is hard to say; you absolutely would lose some WS frequency to accomplish it, but if you can also skip coronach and save some august regen by clearing faster, it can save more time than the damage implies).

Can't say it's that exciting to think you need 3 of the same prime to win though, so still not ready to completely give up on a possibility for another strategy.
I do believe the fight could be meleeable If a proc mechanic can remove adds' aura. If the fight can be melee'd I could see August going by faster, not sure on the adds though. Hard to say in theory. But as things stand with ranged setup, we would need an extra 14 million damage to beat the fight.

Which leads me back to my previous points a while ago, I don't see it being beatable unless a proc mechanic is found to deal with the aura, let alone the regen.

Edit: So August only regens during adds being alive, similar to Odyssey. As of right now, we kill Tree, Lion, Watzka, Gabbrath within 3:30 equating to roughly 10%~ regen give or take 2% either end.
Bee and Shark take anywhere from 3 minutes to 5 minutes with RNG variance in hate resets being a major factor.
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-29 10:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note and with no idea of what Shiraj's party compliment is... but to me it doesn't seem worthwhile to bring a RDM with the amount of resists and even half duration stuff with rayke etc.

Focusing on staying out of dispel range and maintaining buffs, this is where my strategy thought process goes.

RUN,SCH,BRD,COR,RNG,BST... this is reasoning.

RUN and SCH pairs well for regen and helix/kaustra/embrava. Thus contributing to DoT out of range.

BRD self explanatory, buffs op stay out of range and focus on Pianissimo RUN I suppose.

COR and RNG obvious, ranged dps.

BST because you can maintain an unresistable strong att/def down on mobs without ever having to engage and be in range of dispel. Killer instinct for damage+,SDT,intimidation and Ranged DPS support with Mistral Axe from 15 yalms away. BST can self buff with attack boosts, and berserk even if /war considering dual wield not necessary as not actually engaged plus gets fencer trait anyways. Drop chaos roll perhaps specifically on BST for Tacts to maintain (I am assuming hunters roll) as the other roll.

x4 damage sources of ranged "dps" while maintaining distance from dispel.

BST could pull naakual off (Assuming no weird hate mechanic) if desired to engage and fight it away from august. Killer effect DT set can be pretty tanky with some decent intimidation rates.
By Nariont 2024-02-29 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

May have already been brought up/tested but has procs of the naaks been tried on august given hes the one summoning them?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-29 10:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

RUN,SCH,BRD,COR,RNG,DNC sounds like it would be better to me. Dancer has very high native accuracy, and steps sound like they should be a bigger boon over beastmaster no?
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-29 10:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:

RUN,SCH,BRD,COR,RNG,DNC sounds like it would be better to me. Dancer has very high native accuracy, and steps sound like they should be a bigger boon over beastmaster no?

box step isn't as strong as bst ooze and requires dnc to be within dispel range. I think DNC has a very strong place in this fight if a melee approach is figured out. But from a point of strictly staying out of range of dispel BST fits that role quite well. GEO can buff/Debuff potentially more but doesn't contribute to damage from afar. I thought about a ranged WAR and using mistral axe... but war requires to be in range for breaks and they would be extremely likely to resist outside of rayke and even then probably half resist and warcy for a minute every 4 minutes potentially doesn't outweigh BST utility for this hypothetical approach.

BST can maintain a strong att/def down without ever being within 10 yalms. Buff party with killer instinct for every naakual. While contributing some damage from afar.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-29 11:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need BST or DNC in a rng setup, shiraj said they're hitting 99k already (presumably with BRD GEO COR RNG RNG tank).. so either of those changes just cost a RNG for no large benefit. But, box step's 23% stacks with the 25% you can get from defense down WS while ooze doesn't, so DNC is still going to be better in most setups.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-29 11:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Don't need BST or DNC in a rng setup, shiraj said they're hitting 99k already (presumably with BRD GEO COR RNG RNG tank).. so either of those changes just cost a RNG for no large benefit. But, box step's 23% stacks with the 25% you can get from defense down WS while ooze doesn't, so DNC is still going to be better in most setups.

yes it would be better, with the exception of having to stay in range, I was assuming only 1 ranger present with them and they had a healer outsider of /whm on geo and or brd as it was made out to be quite healing intensive. Also sounds as they are using a RUN which would have limited healing potential for everyone out of range even if /sch.

My thought process was strictly considering staying out of range of dispel while also enabling some buff/debuff/dmg potential. DNC does not fill that role. Neither does a job using breaks as outside of rayke seems extremely likely to resist and even half resist with rayke. BST can do it without being in range or resisted and contribute some damage provided they have good regain from tacts/gletis.

Also was assuming that there is some level of geo nerf but consistently hitting 99k and assuming they have a geo with them to me implies that if it is nerfed... maybe not that much if at all? Maybe I am naive to Ranger but I haven't seen 99k last stands on Arebati v25 ever lol.

Either way, my hypothetical approach was simply taking into account staying out of range. Which is why I didn't include jobs like DNC or WAR.
 Odin.Valisk
Server: Odin
user: Valisk
By Odin.Valisk 2024-02-29 15:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to pull out the logger addon, excuse the scuffed look. Had to censor names cos idk who wants to be known etc. This was 56 absorbs of blink by the bee within a 4:24 period. I didn't want to include the entire list of blink absorb or it'll just be too big of screenshot, so I just showed you a decent chunk. While the bee is absorbing all of our spells/auto attacks it's dying fast paced.

Has your BRD tested to see if Horde Lullaby or Maiden’s Virelai will completely strip the shadows?
By Nariont 2024-02-29 19:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If its the same as the other bees their blink ignores AoEs wiping them
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-01 05:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Curiosity, there hasn't been a single mention of waktza/ongo in this thread unless I missed it. Has it actually been seen and is just harmless to RNGs so it went unmentioned, or is it possible it's omitted or saved for a specific point later?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-01 06:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Waktza are completely harmless. Just erases. Nothing of anything worth mentioning I'd imagine. No doom no weakness no insta death.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-03-01 07:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The watzka add is as Eiryl says basically harmless. The aura gives it huge DT, that's about it. Not really anything else to mention. I guess he can dispel with Static Prison, but nothing else.
Aura is avoidance down + magic defense down.

Edit: WSs go from 60k to 99k with/without aura
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-01 07:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured, just wanted to clarify since every other naakual had been explicitly mentioned somewhere.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-01 09:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as how he aligned with "Light" does heavy darkness skillchains/damage have any additional effect/proc/disablement of some sort? I only ask because Noctohelix was doing double the damage compared to any other element when I was testing stuff on SCH.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-03-01 09:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness was doing the same as Lights, nothing out the ordinary compared to the weaponskill closing.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-03-02 05:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing solo on rdm. para / slow never immunobreaked seemed like pure macc check to land it took multiple casts to land each.

Distract / frazzle both landed after multiple casts each. Elemental seal allowed me to land debuffs each time even a 7 min distract (could increase duration set for it to last a bit longer) but you can land it without elemental seal just takes many casts might not get it up during sab without ele seal.

Grav would only immuno break once and after you land it ... it was falling off almost instant.

Para / slow were pretty potent after they landed which was nice considering I was getting beat on the entire time without trusts solo on rdm.

I started the fight with stymie sleep 2 and it lasted a good amount of time 3 ish minutes?

So it seems his resist ranks aren't too crazy high its just he has very high mevasion / evasion (except his gravity and maybe silence resist). I didn't do much silence testing BUT I did remember it immunobreaking once (para / slow never did they either full resisted or landed).

Dispel wasn't too hard to land he likes to cast shell / protect once in a while.

Melee hits on rdm went from 100-500 depending on set he caught me in except his shield bash move that would do 800-1200 (had a 700 block once also). Most of his hits were in the 200s. Null field hit me for ~500 and dispel'd normally 1-2 buffs. Tart sigil was doing about 250 and put amnesia on me for 25~45 ? seconds. Alabaster burst was hitting me for about 500 (stun + dia'd me?? I think?)

While I wasn't able to instantly get up debuffs its not impossible to put them up without outside support like SC / threnody / rayke. I feel like doing max duration distract with ele seal should make keeping that up pretty easy for the DD on August at least.

Sang blades were doing ~17-22k so he seems kinda weak to dark so maybe with proper macc leaden can wreck as well (or kaustra noctohelix)

If SCs are doing good dmg something like terminus(cor) > last stand (rng) > terminus (cor) > last stand (rng) (frag > light > radiance) should do pretty crazy dmg compared to last stand > last stand spam
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-02 13:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your para/slow/distract/frazzle landing was just a matter of meva being capped at 95%, so you was casting until you was lucky.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-03-02 14:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Sounds like your para/slow/distract/frazzle landing was just a matter of meva being capped at 95%, so you was casting until you was lucky.
Ya prolly a good fight to swap moonshade ear aug to max macc proc
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-03-03 09:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

That would imply he casted 20 times on average to land it once. It doesn't seem that bad from his write up (which is excellent btw). People tend to give up quickly when something doesn't land. Back in my day, casting 5 times to stick a spell was pretty normal. Everyone's spoiled now.
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2024-03-04 16:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was the RDM that helps Myamoto test some things.
Some de-buffs were VERY hard to land, My RDM is pretty much BIS enfeebles, ML50, I think with GEAR she has 640 enfeebling. I didn't eat food (I should have) It was him on PLD, my RDM, and my COR (who put up Hunters and Tact rolls, I guess I could have tried MACC rolls).

Stymie worked for Frazzle 3 first try, after that it took some time to reapply.
Distract 3 I think I landed once over the whole fight (When I stymied the second time) he is either SUPER resistant to it or the elemental type I can't even tell you how many times i cast it.
Break surprisingly landed fairly easily (1-3 casts) as did Slow 2 at first but then became harder to land.
Innudation and Addle landed fairly easy as well (maybe even first cast)
Para 2 took a number of attempts to land (20+), as did Gravity and Sleep 2.
Silence had a moderate amount of attempts to land.

I never once got a "Completely Immune", and some things did Immunobreak (Para, Slow, Gravity) but it was just mainly a lot of Resists.

Either way you look at this, landing enfeebles is VERY hard on August almost not worth it (outside of maybe taking /blm for the elemental seal to see if it helps land things).
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2024-03-04 17:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm Geomancy is nerfed by 50% on August, Mew is also nerfed (Lilith/Ody nerf). Geomancy/Mew are not nerfed on Naakuals.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-04 17:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, so GEO also nerfed combined with a relatively frequent random dispel and grossly high eva/meva lol. SE is winning so far this round!

Out of curiosity... those that have tried, are you getting moderately close to a win? Has anyone tried to conjure up an effective melee strat? Or is everyone staying out of range? Not a lot of feedback from any other party attempts besides Shiraj. Looks like a few of us, including myself have done some solo testing of random things but it would be interesting to hear anyone else's actual strategies versus theory crafting(which I am guilty of lol).
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-03-04 23:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ele seal makes it land 100% tho so keeping distract (the important debuff) isnt hard for august).
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-05 07:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ahlen said: »
Ele seal makes it land 100% tho so keeping distract (the important debuff) isnt hard for august).

Yeah, between rayke and ele seal I imagine you could rotate and have it on full time. The problem I see (from an outsider perspective anyhow) is bringing a RDM/BLM and not having much output from them other than debuffs makes it hard to justify bringing a dedicated healer like a whm or sch lets say. So they may find themselves as the healer and I am unsure that would be sufficient given the reported aoe damage and not having /whm or /sch for easy aoe curing. RUN,RDM,COR,BRD,RNG,RNG? (speaking strictly from a ranged dd set up, sounds like keeping up with damage output is a tough go so likely need the x2 RNG) I Suppose if the RUN is able to efficiently hold both august and naakual out of range of everyone then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.
By Bosworth 2024-03-11 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone beaten this yet
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-03-11 16:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

think most people are too busy doing sortie with their freetime...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8