Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM Gear choices for Para/Slow
RDM Gear choices for Para/Slow
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-07 10:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, bojack. On earlier levels, sure. Up to lvl 55, enfeebling is a terrible must. But once you start getting those reflects, it becomes tiresome. A blinda and blind spell combined cost is around 24 I think.. Which is 100 hp of a cure II.

If you go to adeewa (I love that place) enfeebling the crawlers and diremites will really save you ALOT of mp. Espc a proc on paralyze during a tp move.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-11-07 20:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Belius:

I said MND=LOLbecause if ever... IF EVER in a colibri party, you as RDM take hate, you should just disband right then and seek another party, due to the speed of kills, amount of dmg dealt to mob, and the fact one simple voke should have hate safely planted on a DD... you should NEVER have a situation where you should need blink or SS.

You shouldn't even have time to cast such *** in a decent party, much less benefit from a MND boost to it.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-07 23:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Smurfo said:
@ Belius:

I said MND=LOLbecause if ever... IF EVER in a colibri party, you as RDM take hate, you should just disband right then and seek another party, due to the speed of kills, amount of dmg dealt to mob, and the fact one simple voke should have hate safely planted on a DD... you should NEVER have a situation where you should need blink or SS.

You shouldn't even have time to cast such *** in a decent party, much less benefit from a MND boost to it.

I'm not much of a princess RDM.. but even if I was, I'd just put up composure and SS/Blink. It lasts a VERY long time and refresh covers your assets anyway.

Little reason to note use it. It's not like anyone else is going to heal me so may as well mitigate the dmg done to me, just in case.

SE hates me sometimes.
And ***happens. Alot.
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-07 23:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on your race really..
As a taru I never really focus on mp, but I do put in alittle extra mp in my idle set to get a free blink, or maybe a free RR.
But as said before, as long as you'r in a exp-party on the lower levels, mp will help you way more than stats.
On higher levels, this usually isnt true (except for maybe merit, but I personally dont bother, as i have 1k+ mp without even trying)
I have my sets up on my page, think they'r mostly up to date, feel free to check them out and\or send me a pm if you want some tips.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-11-08 23:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

when i was lvling i never worried on Max MP coz i made my PTs and i always got a WHM or SCH and i backup heal, even now with endgame i dont wory about MP, half the time i have about 700-800 ish.

only time gear for MP is for convert or merit PTs, as for macro's i have one for skill+mnd for main casting and one for pure MND for use with ES (for example ES+Slow II with MND 65+55)