What Are Some "out Of Era" Items Obtained?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » HorizonXI » What are some "out of era" items obtained?
What are some "out of era" items obtained?
By K123 2023-12-27 03:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw in ToS you have to drop and report any "out of era" things you obtain in the game, but what has been obtained and how were they obtained?
By Felgarr 2023-12-27 12:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a private server so it's very likely that exploits exist or certain code paths have not been tested thoroughly. So.....yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-27 12:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some kind of hullabaloo with Tomoe on one of them

Tomoe being level 72 but added after their time stamp and being stronger than other SAM options or some silliness.

So there's a catch-all "if we *** up or square changes something we miss, you're supposed to know better" statement. Something new added to old mobs that aren't supposed to be there etc. Changed spawns etc
[+]
By K123 2023-12-28 03:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I get it. NMs added to old zones later had to be manually removed but they missed some?
By Shioban 2023-12-28 07:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Items, Quests, NMs, Cutscenes.

Pretty much anything really; makes sense that they'd like to know if anythings been missed.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-12-28 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shioban said: »
Items, Quests, NMs, Cutscenes.

Pretty much anything really; makes sense that they'd like to know if anythings been missed.

I think what is ridiculous is being punished for having such item or really doing anything that "out of era". Wtf they expect people to remember what exactly was available at that time? It's even more confusing when you realize they made lots of changes in the game and how would I know what is intended or unintended. I wouldn't be able to tell after playing era for thousands hours, so I have no idea how would that be possible for any new player. I guess now after a longer time Horizon is on, it's not happening a lot, but when it was starting, I remember something about one rod being good to fish some fishes and they punished/reversed people progress for that. How would any player coming to FFXI for the first time knew, that one rod is not working as intended lol.
[+]
 Asura.Rekcuf
Server: Asura
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-12-28 08:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
I saw in ToS you have to drop and report any "out of era" things you obtain in the game, but what has been obtained and how were they obtained?
you don't even have your jobs working right, when they fix jobs as how square intended than you can talk about out of era items, your job abilities are out of era.
The irony of Having a TOS LOL
Anyway HQ Rainbow Staff and the NQ rainbow staff is def out of era it was a 2012 item if ir ecall right at the mid cycle of level 90 or 95, somehow nasomi.
By GetHelpNerd 2023-12-28 08:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

here is the proof that the retail andy's absolutely cannot handle horizon being a thing. it's actually quite hilarious to watch their mentals shatter.

this guy just asks questions in this topic and the retail andys are SWARMING him. he's not even stanning horizon and saying retail is bad.

cringe
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-28 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the things that drove me nuts about HorizonXI is that they made a bunch of changes without telling anyone what they were, but then threatened disciplinary action on anyone exploiting things that weren't meant to be there.

The regular players had no idea what was a "feature" and what was a "bug". The devs and their friends did, though. So they were having a jolly old time abusing every buff and change they made. Meanwhile everyone was super apprehensive about even using stuff like Boost because it was made so much stronger than it was in Era. But that was a feature. But when people started abusing a glitch in making money fishing, they were banned.

Doesn't help too that they didn't even have a beta test. The stress test doesn't count because none of their Era Plus changes were included in that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-28 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Swarming? Seems very civil in here.

I guess when you wanna be the victim you gotta pretend.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-28 14:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage seems normal compared to how just how unhinged GetHelpNerd is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-12-28 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like GetHelpNerd when he is ragging on retail. We have the same POV when it comes to the ***stain retail is currently.

But his horizon slurping is *** mental. Gethelpkid.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2023-12-28 19:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

both things can suck. ragging on horizon isn't relevant though since no one that posts here plays it