Quetzalcoatl.Klynn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: kacici
By Quetzalcoatl.Klynn 2023-12-10 17:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Who knows how much of that 2600 is bot-population and mules too.
At LEAST half right?

There is no financial incentive for a bunch of dudes who run a free pserver for fun to allow bots / mules / multiboxing. Could they still be doing it? Sure! No clue! I'm not privvy to that information but I've never seen any obvious botting personally.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 17:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vethric said: »
Not trying to deviate, just commenting on how i find it interesting/funny how both communities are culty in their promotion of their games & both share a strange "why are you attacking us? we're the nice guys" mindset when there's any pushback- regardless of quite a lot of evidence to the contrary

All communities are culty, including retail XI imo. XI players would say the community is better than the toxicity of WoW back in the day when the majority of WoW toxicity was just because it was more popular. More people playing = more ***. I know this place also dislikes XIV and as such it's community because they feel that game was the end of the real support for XI.

All that everyone has to do is be respectful of each other and of the communities they are part of/not part of.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-12-10 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Klynn said: »
At LEAST half right?

There is no financial incentive for a bunch of dudes who run a free pserver for fun to allow bots / mules / multiboxing. Could they still be doing it? Sure! No clue! I'm not privvy to that information but I've never seen any obvious botting personally.
WOOPS! I was thinking retail My bad my bad.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-10 17:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

At LEAST half right?

WOOPS! I was thinking retail My bad my bad.

Asura is all bots, you should have known
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-10 17:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As a horizon player, I don't play on it bc it's free, I play on it bc it's the game I wanna play. Do you guys really think people are just *too cheap* to play on retail? That's some grade A copium lol.

Where else can you get hours of entertainment for the low low low cost of zero dollars? You really think it being free is a non-factor? I literally added AC: Syndicate to my Ubisoft library last week because it was free. Am I gonna play it? Probably not, but its there, and it was free.

Yes, there are absolutely people playing on private servers because its free.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Klynn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: kacici
By Quetzalcoatl.Klynn 2023-12-10 17:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stephenjd said: »
Not trying to deviate, just commenting on how i find it interesting/funny how both communities are culty in their promotion of their games & both share a strange "why are you attacking us? we're the nice guys" mindset when there's any pushback- regardless of quite a lot of evidence to the contrary

All communities are culty, including retail XI imo. XI players would say the community is better than the toxicity of WoW back in the day when the majority of WoW toxicity was just because it was more popular. More people playing = more ***. I know this place also dislikes XIV and as such it's community because they feel that game was the end of the real support for XI.

All that everyone has to do is be respectful of each other and of the communities they are part of/not part of.

For sure, there's like a real ridiculous in-group out-group mentality that doesn't need to exist.

Even as content creators, it's not like pserver streamers are "stealing" viewers from retail. Usually ppl wanna watch one or the other, or are only there for the streamer anyway. I am friends with a few retail streamers but I am afraid to go in a bigger channel like Ejin's bc I know ppl can be so vitriolic.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-12-10 17:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

At LEAST half right?

Paying to run a private server, paying for advertisements, paying bots to spam comments on social media, all for a private server that has zero return on investment? I cant think of a stupider thing to do with your money....unless
Guess whos responsible for selling that gil that is being sold for Horizon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 17:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure, there's like a real ridiculous in-group out-group mentality that doesn't need to exist.

Even as content creators, it's not like pserver streamers are "stealing" viewers from retail. Usually ppl wanna watch one or the other, or are only there for the streamer anyway. I am friends with a few retail streamers but I am afraid to go in a bigger channel like Ejin's bc I know ppl can be so vitriolic.

Oh I'm not agreeing with you at all. Horizon players have been the worst since that server opened. Don't harass retail players, it's that simple. Stick to your lane, and don't cry when streamers get banned for streaming things they are not supposed to (Blizzard has banned WoW private server streaming too).

If you want to go into a retail streamers channel and talk about retail XI and you're not being an *** then there will be nothing to worry about. Go into a retail streamers channel and spam about how Horizon and the 75-era is better and you deserve all that comes to you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
user: fusional
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 17:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you guys really think people are just *too cheap* to play on retail? That's some grade A copium lol.

i mean, you say you're not new to online games or streaming, but you sound pretty new. there's always been a fairly large segment of online gamers who do not want to pay a subscription to mmos (or for any game of any kind really). retail streamers have been dealing with randos coming into their streams for years with variations of the same two initial comments:

1. lol this game still exists?
2. is it free yet?

and then a third comment about how they remembered some ***they did in some low level party before quitting

As for Horizon staff, I didn't know any of them before playing here - several of them come to my stream and I have nothing bad to say about them. But I'm also not gonna defend people I barely know either. I have no clue about their personal dramas. I just enjoy playing on their server and have met lots of friends there. I've really only had to block like 2 people in all 8 months I've been here for being sucky.

allegations?! what allegations??

i pretend i do not see it :) as long as i get to relive my nostalgia idc who they're harassing
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2023-12-10 17:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

wassa said: »
Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
wassa said: »
I just go on twitch and report the horizon streamers daily.

ngl that's pretty pathetic.
Pathetic?

Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 17:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All communities are culty, including retail XI imo.

when's the last time you saw someone say to come play retail ff11 in a random facebook post? twitter thread? stream chat? subreddit? whatever few there are extolling the virtues of retail, they don't typically venture too far out of the already-insular retail circle.

part of what makes a cult a cult is the exponential recruitment schemes. ff14 has its "have you heard of the critically acclaimed..." twitter meme and horizon just sends their players door to door like jehovah's witnesses. retail absolutely does not share this quality with those communities
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2023-12-10 17:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether you like private servers or not. Telling people "jUsT dOn'T lEvEl uP pAsSeD 75" is a dumbass argument to make for retail. Admitting that you spend time out of your life worrying about people playing on private servers and going as far as reporting them IS pathetic. You are basically just free content for these streamers who are literally reading these threads on stream and making fun of you.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 18:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You are basically just free content for these streamers who are literally reading these threads on stream and making fun of you.

if you wanna risk DMCAs for your free content, go off sis :)
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 18:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All communities are culty, including retail XI imo.

when's the last time you saw someone say to come play retail ff11 in a random facebook post? twitter thread? stream chat? subreddit? whatever few there are extolling the virtues of retail, they don't typically venture too far out of the already-insular retail circle.

part of what makes a cult a cult is the exponential recruitment schemes. ff14 has its "have you heard of the critically acclaimed..." twitter meme and horizon just sends their players door to door like jehovah's witnesses. retail absolutely does not share this quality with those communities

It's a 20 year old game with a small playerbase. Back at it's peak there were plenty of XI players who would go and be toxic in other communities.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 18:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether you like private servers or not. Telling people "jUsT dOn'T lEvEl uP pAsSeD 75" is a dumbass argument to make for retail. Admitting that you spend time out of your life worrying about people playing on private servers and going as far as reporting them IS pathetic. You are basically just free content for these streamers who are literally reading these threads on stream and making fun of you.

No one has a problem with people who want to play on a private server, that's up to them. What is also up to them is if they stream it or not. If they stream it they run the risk of getting DCMA'd, that isn't something new.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 18:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a 20 year old game with a small playerbase. Back at it's peak there were plenty of XI players who would go and be toxic in other communities.

i kinda feel like a fair number of those people quit retail ages ago & are on horizon now, but maybe that's just me...
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 18:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda feel like a fair number of those people quit retail ages ago & are on horizon now, but maybe that's just me...

Perhaps yes, either way there are still toxic people in the XI community, just on a much smaller scale to what there used to be.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps yes, either way there are still toxic people in the XI community, just on a much smaller scale to what there used to be.

(and mostly concentrated on one particular server which shall not be named)
 Asura.Gweivyth
Server: Asura
user: gweiv
By Asura.Gweivyth 2023-12-10 18:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's obviously Bahamut.
By kacici 2023-12-10 19:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm not agreeing with you at all. Horizon players have been the worst since that server opened. Don't harass retail players, it's that simple. Stick to your lane, and don't cry when streamers get banned for streaming things they are not supposed to (Blizzard has banned WoW private server streaming too).

If you want to go into a retail streamers channel and talk about retail XI and you're not being an *** then there will be nothing to worry about. Go into a retail streamers channel and spam about how Horizon and the 75-era is better and you deserve all that comes to you.

Nice strawman you're talking to there. I have never done that and neither have any of the people who I know that got striked. Most of us don't interact with retail streamers at all. Would love the names of the horizon streamers who do this, though, because they would be pretty quickly ousted from my community if this is true. Unless it's just like, anyone discussing private servers at all that you are whining about? Um... sorry that things you don't like exist buddy. I think it's time to grow up. The vast majority of the "harassment" complaints seem to boil down to.... people talking about how much they enjoy something you don't enjoy.
By kacici 2023-12-10 19:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You are basically just free content for these streamers who are literally reading these threads on stream and making fun of you.

if you wanna risk DMCAs for your free content, go off sis :)

Is FFXIAH gonna DMCA me for showing these posts? Lmfao too bad it's permissible under fair use laws! Even if these posts were copyrighted I could use them for purposes of commentary & criticism. Seems that people here have a very poor understanding of copyright law. Not surprising.
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 19:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

kacici said: »

Nice strawman you're talking to there. I have never done that and neither have any of the people who I know that got striked. Most of us don't interact with retail streamers at all. Would love the names of the horizon streamers who do this, though, because they would be pretty quickly ousted from my community if this is true. Unless it's just like, anyone discussing private servers at all that you are whining about? Um... sorry that things you don't like exist buddy. But I think it's time to grow up.

What are you even talking about lmao. I said Horizon players, not streamers for a start.

You signed up to this forum to troll and abuse, you are the problem.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 20:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is FFXIAH gonna DMCA me for showing these posts?

Seems that people here have a very poor understanding of copyright law. Not surprising.

was it poor understanding of law, hubris or willful ignorance that got you DMCA'd in the first place? :) anyway DMCA deez, nerd (gottem)
[+]
By Draylo 2023-12-10 20:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes pretty much talking to you like he thinks all opposing opinions are from boomers who are too dumb to be on his level. Then going back to his discord to giggle with his other p server dummies
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-10 20:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If she is the streamer i think she is, then she seemed much more measured and chill about the whole DMCA thing on Friday. I would assume, and she can feel free to correct me, that she got saltly/riled by these threads and the fun we may have had at her's and the other DMCA'ed streamer's expense.

At any rate I am surprises that would be enough to bother her based on how she seemed in the stream i watched friday, which i was watching to confirm some of the point made during the other DMCA discussion thread she did a good job clarifying a lot of points, She seemed mostly fine and just skeptical that it was a actually issued by SE (which i still think could be a fair stance until SE actually says "yeah it twas me").

Anywho I wouldn't pay much mind you us (ffxiah) if I was you kacici.
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 20:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say they were all that measured, saying this is a boomer forum, calling the game dead and that they were doing a service promoting a dead game, all in the first few posts.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-12-10 20:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say they were all that measured, saying this is a boomer forum, calling the game dead and that they were doing a service promoting a dead game, all in the first few posts.
measured on friday on a stream i assume before they knew anything was being discussed here, not so much today.
 Bahamut.Vethric
By Bahamut.Vethric 2023-12-10 20:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"boomer forum lol" i snicker to myself, a grown *** adult, just blasting AFI and Taking Back Sunday while trying to relive my middle school glory days in a 20 yr old bootleg version of the game i keep calling dead
[+]
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2023-12-10 20:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
measured on friday on a stream i assume before they knew anything was being discussed here, not so much today.

Coming in here to troll because some people on a forum they aren't even signed up to might have laughed at a few streamers getting DCMA'd is extremely petty and their discourse in here gives me no reason to have any sympathy honestly.

Edit: just watched some of that Friday stream. 20 mins in and they are shitting on this very forum.
[+]