First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Secare
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2023-11-10 10:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Since drops are from a shared pool, it's going to be a YPYD scenario like what we did with BCNM/KSNM orbs. Lets say a semi-static have three pop items between six people, can the first person enter / beat the fight, then pass lead and come back an hour later to assist the 2nd person, and so forth.

It's not a your pop your drop thing. I was not the one to pop the flans (that was Zixxer) and it was an individual direct drop.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 10:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The 1 hour lockout for not using item is because they know Troll-Asurans will tie up the area.

That's not the question. Is the party leader, who used the box, locked out for helping for a day?

Since drops are from a shared pool, it's going to be a YPYD scenario like what we did with BCNM/KSNM orbs. Lets say a semi-static have three pop items between six people, can the first person enter / beat the fight, then pass lead and come back an hour later to assist the 2nd person, and so forth.

I know the idea of helping others and forming groups is completely alien to you six boxers, so this might require thinking a bit differently.

It seems based on what people said above that if you pop/kill the flans, you're locked out for a day, not an hour. The 1 hour lockout might be for if you enter the battlefield but don't use a box. Or there is no 1 hour lockout.

Seems like if you go in you have a chance at a meat, but you're locked out for a day, regardless if you used your box.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 10:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Since drops are from a shared pool
They're not
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 10:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Secare said: »

It's not a your pop your drop thing. I was not the one to pop the flans (that was Zixxer) and it was an individual direct drop.

Ah it made it sound like it dropped in the pool. So everyone gets a roll regardless, that's more promising.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-10 11:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The item seems a bit convoluted, but it may be an attempt to streamline future content. Since the rewards are given on mob death, and the mobs are spawned by using an item, they could theoretically recycle this instance for many different fights.

Use the same entrance method, use a different item, fight different foes, receive different rewards.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-11-10 11:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the direct drop the same for all participants, or each rolls its own?
 Asura.Secare
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2023-11-10 11:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Each rolls their own, no one else in my group got a drop.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 11:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 11:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What? This seems like the best possible option.
-Only one person has to farm a box for 6 people to get a chance at drops
-Everyone has equal chance at the drop, no bickering over who gets it
-More people means more flans which (probably) means more chances at drops, incentivizing people to group up instead of hog instances

What's the downside? I guess you can't spam it for EP 6 times in a row, since there's a 24h lockout, but we knew about that since the announcement, right? I think this is the best we could've hoped for, since learning the basics. This solves the "everyone has to master THF" problem, solves the problem of congestion on imps and steal items...24h lockout even further reduces demand for all that nonsense
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 11:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sure, let me know if you still have that "its the best option" when Mekillthings, Samuraiking, everyone in your group has gotten 5+ meats and Maletaru still hasnt seen one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-10 11:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
The item seems a bit convoluted, but it may be an attempt to streamline future content. Since the rewards are given on mob death, and the mobs are spawned by using an item, they could theoretically recycle this instance for many different fights.

Use the same entrance method, use a different item, fight different foes, receive different rewards.

This is a more precise evaluation of what I expected it to be. (The benefit of seeing how it was implemented)

The fight may not "rotate" but they'll add more pop items expanding it, using the same field.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sure, let me know if you still have that "its the best option" when Mekillthings, Samuraiking, everyone in your group has gotten 5+ meats and Maletaru still hasnt seen one.

I mean, the odds of that are (drop rate)^5 so I think it's extremely unlikely, but sure that could happen.

Alternatively, you could go to 200 runs and lose the lot every time, to a distinct group of people, and never get one. I don't think the odds of losing a /random against 5 other people are better than the odds of getting personal loot, and there's no drama, no cliques, no favoritism, nobody getting things on their mules before someone gets it on their main, nobody deciding which jobs are most deserving of it...
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-10 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Really think everyone is looking at the BC in the wrong frame- but I place the reason for that squarely on SE.

Had they introduced a "special battlefield" as something special for Exemplar Points, with a "chance" at some classic FF-themed armor, I feel the reception wouldn't focus so much on a sidegrade or niche-use piece, and instead be championing a way to get a solid amount of exemplars daily in a quick burst, in particular for jobs that don't EP well solo.

Instead, people losing their ***that the drop is a direct drop vs. pool when the reward is honestly not that overwhelming when put against existing options. I couldn't give a ***about the Adamantine Body....but if my GEO can get 60k exemplars a day without me having to GEO w/ trusts for 2+ hours,I'm all for it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-10 12:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If nothing else, you can get up to 60k EP daily while attempting to get a drop for a nifty item. You're rewarded passively every day instead of a boring grind. Allows you to bring friends, and when someone in the group gets the drop, you can bring another friend in his place and keep the cycle going, or stay in the group for a quick EP. You're not sitting in a queue for hours on end, or a party for hours, not irritated that you are grinding for minimal gains, but you also won't feel bad for missing a day here or there since the drop is more of a novelty than anything. If it takes you a full month to get the body drop, you get close to 2m EP without much effort. two birds with one stone kind of deal. Yeah it's another daily, but it's quick and rewarding, mimics seg farming to a degree. Decent change up from other grindy events like Shinryu/EP Party/Sortie.

They tried a different model, and I think it's a good start. It almost reminds me of the old ENM fights where you had the lockout timer on between attempts but materials that appraised into potential gear. Kept you attempting it often. Something different to do, thumbs up imo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-10 12:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The exemplar points are the point and the useless armor is a "bonus"
(I mean ***, it doesn't even have trashy wings or douchebagglow ffs)

Not how they intended it, but the reality of it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been against explicit personal loot pools since they were created in Voidwatch. They are *** stupid.
By K123 2023-11-10 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

60k Exemplar points a day if you waste hours trying to steal a stupid item
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-10 12:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The alternative is trove or Shinryu and Merc culture continues. Can't please everyone, but this item is skippable, so nbd.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-10 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
60k Exemplar points a day if you waste hours trying to steal a stupid item

Hours? Thief/cor and Corsair/thf in a party resetting steal with RD, you'll get a box between 6 people fairly quickly.
By Godfry 2023-11-10 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Hours? Thief/cor and Corsair/thf in a party resetting steal with RD, you'll get a box between 6 people fairly quickly.

Thus spake Goltana, The Ballista King.

That's actually a great idea!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 12:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been against explicit personal loot pools since they were created in Voidwatch. They are *** stupid.

Yes makes it really hard for you to sell stuff from it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 13:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've literally never merced. I'm not poor.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, it sucks when your character without WAR gets a WAR item and your other character has WAR and could've used it.

However, if it was a treasure pool system, they would adjust the drop rates accordingly, so you'd have an 18x lower chance of getting that WAR piece and it would work out to the exact same chance as before. Except now you introduce greed, personal politics, stealing, mercing, selling, etc. into the system
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 13:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop quoting from the textbook of Eiryl's ***.

"NOOOOOOO BAD BECAUSE MERCS"
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-10 13:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The alternative is trove or Shinryu and Merc culture continues. Can't please everyone, but this item is skippable, so nbd.
Why can't the alternative be something like Odin, Lilith, Caith Sith or Alexander instead? °-°

With that said, I'm cool with this new attempt of theirs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 13:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they should just get rid of party content too, because that also promotes mercing and selling clears.

Good luck selling clears and loot when the content is solo only.
By Godfry 2023-11-10 13:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they should just get rid of party content too, because that also promotes mercing and selling clears.

I'm gonna lower the bar here.

Is being in a party a type of P2W?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
However, if it was a treasure pool system, they would adjust the drop rates accordingly, so you'd have an 18x lower chance of getting that WAR piece and it would work out to the exact same chance as before. Except now you introduce greed, personal politics, stealing, mercing, selling, etc. into the system

OK try again, sorry I triggered you.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 14:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Godfry said: »

I'm gonna lower the bar here.

Is being in a party a type of P2W?

Needing a subscription is P2W.

:trollface:
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Homie's talking about "greed", "personal politics", "stealing" over...[checks notes] Guimauve Meat which can be exchanged for a DT body and then subsequent exchanges for [puts on a pair of glasses to make sure I have this right due to the amount of disbelief I am in] a usable item that gives you a baby lynx costume.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12