Forum » FFXI » General » Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-26 01:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cryptic earring(+4) and Trux earring(+5) are all jobs. And even with Trux being from the Divine Might HTMB, still probably easier to get than pluto's. Last sale on my server.. 2020. Asura.. more recent, even some up right now... but 10mil. <,<;

Eihwaz ring and supershear ring are also both +5. Although in that case Vexer's are the cheaper easier option. Just less enmity+ total. Vexer's MDB+ on midcast is potentially pretty useful for this anyway though, consider how often you'd likely be spamming casts. There's also Provocare, and pernicious rings also at +5 enmity.

I poked around at a few augment systems, but yeah, whm isn't getting any enmity+ that I could find. DM enmity+ augs should be possible though. Just... not likely.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-26 05:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Yeah man, and then I go to bed at 9pm instead of 11pm. I'm old like everyone else here, sounds like a good time either way. If they blow up my accumulated gear treasure horde, then I'm done. That monthly sub is never coming back and I'm certainly not spending more money on the game after an account ban when I know every EP zone is being permanently bot farmed and RMT shouts are going out all the time.

What am I going to miss? Being prepped for that very real future expansion they have planned? Another Prime Weapon? Grind some more ML50 jobs?

The point wasn't that you could get banned. It was that when you actively try to convince others they can't get banned, someone who does care about it might be taking risks they didn't understand were risks.
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-26 05:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to see someone sub out PLD for BLU and have the blu tank it bumba style. It'd be Harder, but perhaps would pay off in other aspects of the run + have more WS variety. Could be cute
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-26 06:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Yeah man, and then I go to bed at 9pm instead of 11pm. I'm old like everyone else here, sounds like a good time either way. If they blow up my accumulated gear treasure horde, then I'm done. That monthly sub is never coming back and I'm certainly not spending more money on the game after an account ban when I know every EP zone is being permanently bot farmed and RMT shouts are going out all the time.

What am I going to miss? Being prepped for that very real future expansion they have planned? Another Prime Weapon? Grind some more ML50 jobs?

The point wasn't that you could get banned. It was that when you actively try to convince others they can't get banned, someone who does care about it might be taking risks they didn't understand were risks.

There has been cheating in this game since year one. You've always been weighting risk vs reward the second you wanted to be able to alt-tab. The only thing that has changed is you're significantly less likely to be banned since they clearly aren't putting in the work. I'm not trying to convince others to do something risky, since it's the least risky it's ever been.

But you're paying a monthly sub to a game that has given up on itself and is fully checked out. Please do what you want to enjoy the time you're spending playing and don't ruin other people's fun that you're playing with by judging them for what they want to do with their time.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-26 06:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not trying to convince others to do something risky, since it's the least risky it's ever been.
Quote:
It's still a fun game to play, and you're allowed to play it however you want so long as you pay a sub because ToS is a suggestion and won't be enforced.

You're saying point blank (and you have in other threads as well) that bans don't happen. It's objectively true that they happen, whether the relative likeliness is currently low or not. If someone who doesn't live on the forums pulls up a thread and sees people posting with that tone, they get the impression there isn't risk using tools.. because people like you are outright saying it. It's a disservice to the forum, the game, and the players.

I'm not trying to convince you to stop using whatever you use (really, you brought the topic back up after 2 pages just to take a comment personally), I'm just pointing out that it's harmful to the game and potentially the reader when you try to portray it as allowed and accepted.
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-04-26 07:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any GEO (Alfylicious?) using Dagda on HM Aminon? How's damage? Better than judgment?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-26 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
Any GEO (Alfylicious?) using Dagda on HM Aminon? How's damage? Better than judgment?

Our GEO uses Dagda on Aminon and other bosses. He hasn't tried Judgment that I'm aware of since he's always had a S4 club, but Dagda does do well. For HM I'd say 35-45k? Haven't been parsing, just listening to what he says about his WSD.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-26 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I'm not trying to convince others to do something risky, since it's the least risky it's ever been.
Quote:
It's still a fun game to play, and you're allowed to play it however you want so long as you pay a sub because ToS is a suggestion and won't be enforced.

You're saying point blank (and you have in other threads as well) that bans don't happen. It's objectively true that they happen, whether the relative likeliness is currently low or not. If someone who doesn't live on the forums pulls up a thread and sees people posting with that tone, they get the impression there isn't risk using tools.. because people like you are outright saying it. It's a disservice to the forum, the game, and the players.

I'm not trying to convince you to stop using whatever you use (really, you brought the topic back up after 2 pages just to take a comment personally), I'm just pointing out that it's harmful to the game and potentially the reader when you try to portray it as allowed and accepted.

It's not allowed nor accepted, but yet it still is because of a shift in culture that originated at the developer that you were attempting to attribute to the player which is
Quote:
a disservice to the forum, the game, and the players.
because it's dishonest.

The year is 2024, the ignorant person you say you're safeguarding does not exist. New players don't exist in any statistical significance or else they might be spending money on this game. Anyone who returns is doing it because their friends randomly send them a DM on some platform and those friends will have a significantly larger impact on what addons they will use compared to this forum. Even if they use NOTHING, That person can only remain ignorant of the widescale cheating that is not remotely concealed once they get anywhere near any zone that involves EP farming.

You're being D.A.R.E. There are only paying adults here. You're attempting to enact forum censure to undo the damage done by SE's negligence because that's how you'd like it to be rather than how it is. I am taking personal offense to that because I enjoy wasting my time on forums where people are honest with reality AND aren't attempting to create a sub-culture based on convenient lies to keep things how they'd like it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chimerawizard
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Chimerawizard 2024-04-26 09:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Back before I was banned, I remember the same sort of discussion happening. SE stopped banning people years ago. Look at all the other people also selling thousands of alex every day. Go ahead and tele hack salvage for your 1~2k alex a day.
Next thing I did was make a mythic via salvage duping. And got banned when SE FINALLY decided to drop a massive ban wave.

SE always does nothing, until one day they want to scare the players straight and drop a massive hammer on a bunch of accounts to actually scare the rest into not crossing some arbitrary line for a while. Then SE goes back to doing nothing significant again for a long while.

Why did SE add the invisible NPC to salvage who follows the player around? no one knew for like a whole year why.
Why did SE add an insta-logout for speed hacking too much? hmm...
By Dodik 2024-04-26 09:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

shift in culture that originated at the developer

The developer does not play the game and cannot influence culture within it. The culture around the community within the game is 100% up to the players.
By Beau 2024-04-26 10:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you try replacing PLD with WHM, could everyone but the WHM benefit from wearing Yngvi choker? Does the Boost Enmity Decrease +8 do anything meaningful?

What about great sword on PLD? Helheim.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-27 06:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
shift in culture that originated at the developer

The developer does not play the game and cannot influence culture within it. The culture around the community within the game is 100% up to the players.

You are currently playing Sortie and Odyssey with a full alliance. The devs can't affect the culture in the game at all with their decisions and you have robust LSs.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-27 11:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What does alliance content have to do with player culture normalising cheats. What are you even on about.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-27 12:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what he's saying is SE could release 18-man content, which would affect the game's culture because it would change the way we play with other players/incentives.

AKA they have control over the culture, even though they're not the ones participating in it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-27 14:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

^He got it
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-27 22:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I am sure making sortie alliance would get rid of all the EP bots and all the rest of the bots.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-28 00:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chimerawizard said: »
Why did SE add the invisible NPC to salvage who follows the player around? no one knew for like a whole year why.

Is that true? that's cool AF
By drakefs 2024-04-28 03:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I am sure making sortie alliance would get rid of all the EP bots and all the rest of the bots.

What does this have to with

This statement is patently false and moving the goal post doesn't change that.
By Dodik 2024-04-28 08:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What does alliance content have to do with player culture normalising cheats. What are you even on about.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I think what he's saying is SE could release 18-man content, which would affect the game's culture because it would change the way we play with other players/incentives.

I agree, alliance content and normalising cheats are not relevant to each other.

I still don't see how a person or organisation outside a community can influence culture within it.
By drakefs 2024-04-28 09:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't see how a person or organisation outside a community can influence culture within it.

A simple example has already been given. If Sortie or Odyssey had been alliance content, there would very likely be a different culture around said content.

Another way, more relevant to the supposed player culture of normalizing cheats, would be if SE was more stringent in enforcing EULA\ToS.

The point is, devs of a game can absolutely influence the culture of the players in said game.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-28 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
If Sortie or Odyssey had been alliance content, there would very likely be a different culture around said content.

That's reaching and a hypothetical. If your gramma had male parts would she be granpa?

Agreed on TOS enforcement, already been over that. Dead horse, beating.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-28 10:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »

A simple example has already been given. If Sortie or Odyssey had been alliance content, there would very likely be a different culture around said content.

Another way, more relevant to the supposed player culture of normalizing cheats, would be if SE was more stringent in enforcing EULA\ToS.

They absolutely are, sufficient reports initiate an investigation.

But that's not what you really want. Instead you want a swat team to rope in and eliminate anyone you suspect is breaking your personal definition of "cheating".

Which is why I openly laugh at you guys. Using any third party programs is a banable offense according to the highest and most definitive authority of this game, this includes Windower. If you use Windower then you are using a third party program and subject to banning. If you you use gearswap in any capacity, then you are using a third party program and are in violation of the ToS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-28 11:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chimerawizard said: »

What??? Where are you getting that information from?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-28 12:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

From your own eyeballs. It's common knowledge that "an npc" shadows you in salvage.

In all these years it never even occurred to me to use ASE to see what it is either lol. (Might not even work but never thought to try)
[+]
By Godfry 2024-04-28 14:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody heard from Alfy how good the club is for aminon HM? (or sortie melee in general).

On the same note, anybody using Caliburnus on PLD (for damage)?
 Asura.Alfylicious
By Asura.Alfylicious 2024-04-28 19:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey sorry I hadn't seen this. I am the red mage in our 9 man sortie runs. I will go geo when I can and give a comparison. Dagda is pretty underwhelming due to the crummy aftermath for Aminon. Our Geo does judgment while I black halo on RDM. I made the club first because I wanted the glow while I sortie every night and im mostly locked in to maxentius the whole run.

I am almost certain that the geo using dagda with lorg, black halo with maxentius or judgment with aeonic are all going to provide fairly similar results.

Ill report back with numbers next time I need to go GEO!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-28 20:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I made the club first because I wanted the glow while I sortie every night and im mostly locked in to maxentius the whole run.

Perhaps the best flex I've seen in modern times, kudos
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69