2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 75 76 77
By Guyford 2023-10-09 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea so I fail at testing, I used 266/256 for 10 pdl instead of 281/256 on the previous math. Now, there's some inconsistencies in the math (can look at the fimbulvetr thread).

Right now tho looks like 50/50 str vit with 3 ftp at 1k, 6 ftp at 2k, and 9 ftp at 3k.
By Taint 2023-10-09 15:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Yeah.. if I was making a prime for DRK alone, I would go for scythe for the additional utility. Of course saying helheim is on par with caladbolg, one of the absolute top tier physical damage weapons, isn't exactly a bad thing, it's just most serious DRK's probably have caladbolg already at their disposal.

War helheim + warcry/savagery + MS is probably the best physical DPS in the game though.

I agree. Scythe needs Warcry to shine. GS has similar DPS and more utility via job selection.

I was going to swap paths to Scythe but after playing with a few I'm all in on Stage 4+ Helheim.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-09 16:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Yeah.. if I was making a prime for DRK alone, I would go for scythe for the additional utility. Of course saying helheim is on par with caladbolg, one of the absolute top tier physical damage weapons, isn't exactly a bad thing, it's just most serious DRK's probably have caladbolg already at their disposal.

War helheim + warcry/savagery + MS is probably the best physical DPS in the game though.

I agree. Scythe needs Warcry to shine. GS has similar DPS and more utility via job selection.

I was going to swap paths to Scythe but after playing with a few I'm all in on Stage 4+ Helheim.

I think Scythe's healing properties make it pretty ridiculous. The WS has linear TP and good SC properties to match Scythe's already impressive list. Plus Scythe doesn't exactly have a super powerful WS right now.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-10-09 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

any light based WS is +1 in my book which is just another edge for scythe
By Taint 2023-10-09 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s definitely excellent. But DRK already had a great way to make light. Darkness SC was weaker, Fimb gives DRK a much stronger darkness option.

Scythe gets you HP/MP.

GS gets you 4 jobs. (3 usable)

Ideally you’d have both.
 Bahamut.Mischief
Server: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-10-10 03:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Stage 5 Prime has purple glow, because of course it does.

From about 30 minutes playing around with them on Locus mobs:
-The double damage proc on basics is now triple damage. Same rules as Stage 4, first hit only.
-No change in Aftermath duration. Staff's AM potency seems to have gone up, but I'm too tired to math out the numbers for now.
-Weapon skills didn't seem hugely different, but hitting Locus mobs for a few minutes isn't exactly rigorous testing.
-Max damage from one hit is still 99999. There wasn't much hope of that changing anyways, but alas.
-After upgrading, I checked stage 3's requirements - still the same as before. Trading the stage 5 to Gama-Shama does nothing, so there's no augments or any extra things (yet...).
-No new title from finishing stage 5, like there was for Aeonic.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-10-10 05:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info and Congo rats

Prolly gonna do a 2nd stage 4 unless there's some nutty hidden thing as yet undiscovered. Double -> Triple relic proc isn't enough for me to give up a whole 'nother weapon personally
[+]
By Trillium 2023-10-10 06:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

CG folks! You have all been super consistent in working towards this! Hat off to you all.
[+]
By Taint 2023-10-10 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats!
By Ranoutofspace 2023-10-10 07:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
-No new title

[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-10-10 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Stage 5 Prime has purple glow, because of course it does.

I was kinda hoping for the engaged glow from the end of vr
Like a pulse weapon
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-10-10 11:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stage 5 no.2!
[+]
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-10-10 14:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gg guys time to unsub, you beat the game
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-10 18:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sensarity said: »
gg guys time to unsub, you beat the game

Unsub? ...Nah, 15 more prime weapons to go! :D
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-10-11 17:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s definitely excellent. But DRK already had a great way to make light. Darkness SC was weaker, Fimb gives DRK a much stronger darkness option.

Scythe gets you HP/MP.

GS gets you 4 jobs. (3 usable)

Ideally you’d have both.

Entropy > Cross Reaper isn't that bad of a dark SC option then you can add Quietus on top for a 3step double Darkness. Now you're not wrong that Torc > Torc Light SC is stronger. It does mean you don't need to swap weapons and potentially lose PDL AM which would also potentially increase the WS dmg of the Darkness WS's. ( which could be said about GS aswell being able to use Torc + Fimbu)

I really enjoy the Scythe. I will run off solo in sortie to do objectives without needing a healer follow me which I find very useful also TPing in Schere earring without having MP issues for spells. (Unless in the undead zone (C)).

The only thing that was tempting to me with the GS was the fact I could use on WAR as well. But I play and care for DRK far more than WAR and I just feel like the Scythe is better and more useful for DRK than the GS is.

Personal preference though. Also I just like Swinging a big *** scythe around lol.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-11 18:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at Origin, can always to Entropy -> Origin -> Origin -> Origin for four step light. First WS kinda sucks but the reverberation property setups up a perfect link into Induration -> Fragmentation -> Light.
By Taint 2023-10-11 19:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »

Entropy > Cross Reaper isn't that bad of a dark SC option then you can add Quietus on top for a 3step double Darkness.

If you wanted to make Darkness with Scythe you'd swap to Liberator or Anguta for the TP gain/scaling.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-12 06:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone with a Pinaka or Earp stage 3+ confirm that there is no actual ranged accuracy stat on them? Just skill and AGI
By Nariont 2023-10-12 06:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
not really super important information, but I guess I can contribute something beyond snarky comments^^

The Description of Pinaka says "Accuracy+25, Magic Accuracy+25", but when compared against Fail-Not, mainhand/offhand accuracy does not move. Just like the Crepuscular Earring originally, its a localization error and it IS +25 Ranged Accuracy.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-10-12 06:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »

Entropy > Cross Reaper isn't that bad of a dark SC option then you can add Quietus on top for a 3step double Darkness.

If you wanted to make Darkness with Scythe you'd swap to Liberator or Anguta for the TP gain/scaling.

Apoc only :P Cata > Cross > Cata or Corss > Cata x2 is GOAT and it works well even without any tp bonus buffs. Cata is really underrated when spammed at 1000TP. Anguta is pretty good too, but requires much better cratio to use more PDL gear/buffs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-12 09:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
not really super important information, but I guess I can contribute something beyond snarky comments^^

The Description of Pinaka says "Accuracy+25, Magic Accuracy+25", but when compared against Fail-Not, mainhand/offhand accuracy does not move. Just like the Crepuscular Earring originally, its a localization error and it IS +25 Ranged Accuracy.

Thank you. My child is destroying what's left of my mind and memory
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-12 21:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we have any more data on polearm/diarmuid? Do we have enough to math it out vs other polearm options?
 Bismarck.Jabrolout
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Jabrolout 2023-10-13 00:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I did grab some more numbers since my last post, but never really managed to settle in on some values. If someone better with the math than me could take a look, it would be appreciated. Confirmed no modifiers other than STR+VIT. They seem roughly equal.

To fit the numbers I obtained, I came up with FTP values of 2.17/5.36/8.55 with WSC of STR/VIT 55. Something seems off here, but I haven't had the time to go back and look things over.

Used atmas in abyssea to assist with stat modifiers.

[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-10-13 00:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! Are you accounting for PDL from aftermath (and different values at different tp levels) and the fact all these mobs will be dying before the second hit of the natively two hit ws?
 Bismarck.Jabrolout
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Jabrolout 2023-10-13 00:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, I was using the results from earlier in this thread for the different pdl values in the aftermath.

I basically treated this as a one hit ws for the purposes of working out any values. I did record a 2nd hit only at 1k with fotia on wild rabbits for 4208 and 2k without fotia for 4333
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-10-13 02:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone wondering, the horn has a glow as well.

I need to test the +4 and +7 values a bit further (testing PDL with ranged attack on Bard didn't give big enough numbers with DMG:1 bow/arrow to guarantee an accurate estimate), but updated results on Aria PDL are as follows:

+2 = ~+15%
+3 = ~+16%
+4 = ~+18%
+5 = ~+19%
+6 = ~+20%
+7 = ~+22%
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-13 02:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, this game will forever be purple from now on. Nyame, Prime AfterGlow, Sortie....Sorry, carry on with your testing, please.
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-10-13 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the horn glow took priority over carn glow?
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 75 76 77