2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » TVR rings
TVR rings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Izanami 2023-05-29 18:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if Cornelia's Ring is actually Weapon Skill Damage +10%? The text on the ring matches Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt, so I imagine there is at least some chance that the devs gave it FTP+0.1 instead.

This should be incredibly easy to test with magic weapon skills, but I'm currently unsubbed.
[+]
By Taint 2023-05-29 19:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a quick test with Namas Arrow.

11711 base
12882 with Cornelia's
12122 with Fotia Gorget

Its 10% WS damage.

11711x1.1 = 12881

11711/2.75 = 4258
4258*2.85 = 12135
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2023-05-29 19:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Really minor nitpick, fotia is not +0.1 fTP, it's +100/1024 fTP or ~0.976. Not much difference but sometimes "better" gets down to sub 1% land.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-05-29 20:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »
Do we know if Cornelia's Ring is actually Weapon Skill Damage +10%? The text on the ring matches Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt, so I imagine there is at least some chance that the devs gave it FTP+0.1 instead.

This should be incredibly easy to test with magic weapon skills, but I'm currently unsubbed.
To add to the verification, I've also tested Cornelia's ring with Atonement, and observed exactly +10% damage(starting from 0% WSD). Atonement just gets more enmity from straight fTP+ like gorget and belt. So if it were fTP+ no dmg+ would have occurred.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-29 23:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Remains to be seen if it's 1 tally since acquiring or 1 tally since dropping but it sounds like it's since acquiring

Can confirm it's since acquiring. LS member dropped theirs post-tally and was able to choose another.
SE's way of letting people experiment with them before they go "oops sorry. Incoming update"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-05-29 23:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it wasn't a good thing to verify and check but I would like to mention that just about every piece of WSD gear is written that way. It's the gorget/belt that are aberrant.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-30 07:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
I'd actually argue that the SMN ring might let you clear Aeonics that you might have wiped on. Sure, you can do the fight again and land more BPs with less missed hits and such and do it just fine, but sometimes the difference between a wipe or a kill is just a few BPs or a few less dmg on some of the BPs. So to play devil's advocate, the SMN ring might be one of the few/only ring(s) where it does matter.

Also, that other dude is full of absolute sh_t. He's not hitting 99k BPs every single time, it's just not happening. I barely believe he's hitting 99k at all on Reisen HELMs. With a giant party full of every single possible buff, I can agree to a 99k during a DA proc, but not normally, and certainly not the every single BP like he claims. He said he does 15 BPs for 99k dmg and ends up doing 1.5mil in total. That means every hit was 99k and it's not happening.

I do agree though that I still probably won't end up getting it and might just choose the WSD ring, because that's never gonna not be good for my 87 melee jobs, but it's definitely something to think about depending on how often you do Aeonic runs and care about SMN and pet jobs in general.

The best/worst thing they did though was put 10% DA on it, too. It can still be a great TP ring for a lot of jobs, and open up really nice options for WAR, specifically, to change gear and still reach 100% DA. That's the real reason it's in the running. You can easily write off the pet part, and obviously the STP ring is best for TP, but this is a dual purpose ring that can be used on most jobs across the board, while, also potentially being one that will help you "clear" content you might have wiped on a time or two before you killed it.

The best I can do is slap on a bunch of filters the next time we do zerde so you can see the numbers aren't faked and post that here, but I have a feeling you wouldn't believe it anyway. The point wasn't about my numbers, but about the process of elimination I used when deciding on the ring. This was actually a group discussion among the other SMNs in my shell because at least 4 of us have experienced this and we have very similar gear. We have nirvana aftermath running, AFAC going, we have 4 bolstered idris Geo bubbles(geo frailty, geo maiaise, entrust indi-Torpor, entrust indi-languor) and 4 COR rolls(crooked pup, companion, crooked beast, drachen), we have a RUN doing rayke and gambit with fire, and a RDM doing frazzle, distract and have a dia 4 on the mob, BRD doing soul voiced fire threnody II, and crimson howl. I never said I 'm hitting capped damage, unbuffed, 100% of the time. I just feel, that for me, other rings will improve my overall damage across my gameplay more. I never demanded that anyone follow my lead, but I was under the impression this was the place to exchange these kinds of ideas. Justifications for or against getting the various different rings, and details about the amount of time the ring would be used is relevant to the decision making process.

And I will reiterate again, it seems you'll be able to exchange the rings once per weekly campaign, so I do highly encourage people to test them out if there's debate about which ring they want. Hell, if you know you'll be doing an aeonic run, and you habitually come smn to that, then get the pet damage ring for the duration of your run, then exchange it for something else when you're not doing aeonics. Treat it like swapping macros for different content.

One last thing I will say regarding reisenjima helms- if the run's going to fail because damage isn't there, then an additional 10% damage from a smn isn't going to automatically force a win. Case in point, 2 weeks ago we did a zerde, and the debuffs weren't right, or just random RNG failed us, and we only took off 13% of his HP. I couldn't tell who hit for what, but the highest flaming crush was 65k, with another hitting 40k and 25k, the rest hit for 3-12k across 4 summoners.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-30 16:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
I never said I 'm hitting capped damage, unbuffed, 100% of the time.

What i can and will tell you is this, I, along with a couple other summoners in my ls, do indeed deal 99k flaming crushes and 99k volt strikes when fully buffed on zerda, schah, vini.

All I can tell you in my personal experiences. Where 2 smns getting off 15 BP's during afac and the parse reported around 1.5 mil damage per smn. maybe it's a fluke, but I've seen the chat log flooded with all 9's on multiple occasions on multiple mobs. working on my 8th aeonic weapon now.

I mean, you did though. You literally said you and your group are hitting 99k every single time. That's completely believable for Zerdo with Crush when you literally overstack the alliance with every single buff, but I also specifically pointed out Volt Strikes and on the other HELMs, which you also said you can do that on. Now you are walking it back and saying you don't hit 99k every time even on Zerde, much less the others, so it just seems like you overstated yourself and are now trying to save face.

The best I can do is slap on a bunch of filters the next time we do zerde so you can see the numbers aren't faked and post that here, but I have a feeling you wouldn't believe it anyway.

Why wouldn't I believe screenshots and parses? I just pointed out your claim was absurd and while the purpose of this thread is a discussion on the TVR rings, you are using your claims of 99k every single BP, on both Volt and Crush, on MULTIPLE HELMS, as the reason why a 10% dmg boost to them isn't good. So it's entirely and wholly relevant, it just seems like you are realizing you got called out and are trying to walk it back but the text from previous posts are right there....

-------------

Anyway, as for the point about rings, sure. I don't think anyone in here was arguing for a multiple-job player to take SMN ring over stuff like the WSD ring in general. The discussion, before we found out you get a free swap every week, was whether or not it's a good ring if you can only pick one and are stuck with it for a while. The previous argument, under the previous conditions still hold true, it's a decent ring with DA10 and also has BiS pet dmg on it, but it's now lackluster due to being able to grab it right before Aeonics and then swap it back to a different ring right after.

If you wanna go through the trouble of popping a Schah and showing me everyone doing all 99ks, I'd love to see it and happily admit I was wrong, but I'm not worried about it one way or another. Not gonna read that stuff without calling it out when I see it though. Make sure to DM or ping me in some way if you do it so I don't miss it.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-31 06:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »

Anyway, as for the point about rings, sure. I don't think anyone in here was arguing for a multiple-job player to take SMN ring over stuff like the WSD ring in general. The discussion, before we found out you get a free swap every week, was whether or not it's a good ring if you can only pick one and are stuck with it for a while. The previous argument, under the previous conditions still hold true, it's a decent ring with DA10 and also has BiS pet dmg on it, but it's now lackluster due to being able to grab it right before Aeonics and then swap it back to a different ring right after.

The DA for other jobs is indeed something I hadn't considered when first looking at the ring. I think I saw it and assumed it was pet DA, so I just dismissed it. it will be interesting to see which rings people end up taking and how they are applied.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-31 07:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You keep going back to "I can prove we all do capped damage on zerde", but thats the easiest one to cap damage on.
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
Server: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-05-31 08:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cornelia's Ring: Weapon Skill Accuracy+10 Weapon Skill damage +10%

looks like a good replacement for Epaminondas's Ring. Might see a slight price drop.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-31 08:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If by slight, you mean fire sale, yes

If there is currently one in your inventory you're *** up. Buy it back in a week for under 10
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-31 11:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

The price drop is almost solely because of the AMAN campaign. Last time it also dropped 20-30m in price, just like it did now. They will go back up in the coming months. The ring itself doesn't lose any value because you still want to pair Epa ring with it though. There might be some cases where you want PDL instead, but the only alternative is Sroda Ring, which is only 3 PDL and also comes with -DEX. Most people are just using Ody armor, Crep ammo, Sortie Earrings etc. for PDL instead though, and tbh, I don't think most people understand when they are atk capped and when they need PDL to begin with.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-31 11:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

PDL is indeed an idiot trap, majority of them haven't the first clue about anything other than Copy Paste.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-31 12:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean how are you suppose to hit pdif cap when youre fighting a mob thats 20lvs over you plus has 50% resistance to geo debuffs?

Are they going to be bringing BSTs and RDMs to hit the pdif cap? Because spngs, rolls and JAs can only take you that far
[+]
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-05-31 17:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

If there is currently one in your inventory you're *** up. Buy it back in a week for under 10

fortunately I was able to get one from AMAN so not worried but if someone was "looking" to get their hands on one they could now.
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2023-05-31 17:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Izanami said: »

I always forget about the TP not depleted part. Always surprised when I have 3k TP after WSing now I know.
 Asura.Nesspoot
user: Nesspoot
By Asura.Nesspoot 2023-06-01 11:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Epaminondas's Ring in our post-TVR world, I've been using a mix of it, Sroda, and Ephramad's Ring on Samurai and it's been pretty killer so far.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-01 13:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You keep going back to "I can prove we all do capped damage on zerde", but thats the easiest one to cap damage on.

It's the next mob we're fighting in our aeonic run, that's all.
By Asura.Jacktheripperr 2023-06-02 06:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Took the WS dmg ring.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-02 08:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold up, What do you mean "the next mob were fighting in our aeonic run". This was like 3-4 days ago. You "do indeed deal 99k flaming crushes and 99k volt strikes when fully buffed on zerda, schah, vini", but you're doing one single HELM NM every 5 days or whatever?
[+]
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-06-02 09:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold up, What do you mean "the next mob were fighting in our aeonic run". This was like 3-4 days ago. You "do indeed deal 99k flaming crushes and 99k volt strikes when fully buffed on zerda, schah, vini", but you're doing one single HELM NM every 5 days or whatever?

The group I run with gathers every Friday(not relevent to this thread, but we run dyna wed/sat, and sortie/oddy sun, mon, tues, thurs, so friday is the open night). We're currently getting people caught up who missed specific mobs in the last LS aeonic run we did, and Zerde happens to be the mob we're on next. It's low man since only a couple people still need the clear, so we make a plan ahead of time. I'm not sure how a group does aeonic runs really matters though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-02 12:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I figure a group that can "do 99k on every HELM NM" would have Reisen HELM's done in an hour, not be sitting on it for 5 days. Thats just me though.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-06-02 15:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can pretty much guarantee they're not hitting consistent 99k on any HELMs except Zerde & Vini. Zerde because Flaming Crush, and Vini because of Raksha Stance. So neither one is a very good example in my mind. It's like doing your testing on qutrubs.

Schah & Albumen are better test cases. I haven't done much HELMs lately but not much has changed for SMN besides master levels being added, and I'd be seriously surprised if that gets you to consistent 99k on either of those NMs. I remember 60-80k being fairly normal, with around 1.2m on the parse for a good run.

Personally, I chose Fickblix without a second thought. SMN still has plenty of room to grow and I use SMN for lots of things where damage isn't capped. I used it for all the VR missions and I don't recall seeing much in the way of capped damage there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
Server: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-06-02 18:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people say the ws dmg ring is great for all situations. Are people forgetting ws dmg only applies to first hit of ws? :/ anyway pick what u want not hard to switch if u want to try a different one later.
By Nariont 2023-06-02 18:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1 hit WS are the vast majority of go-to WS for many jobs, or hits where the 1st hit is the bulk of the damage i.e savage blade
By zixxer 2023-06-02 20:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I started an exclusive club of Cornelia's Ring owners only.

If you had made the mistake of getting a different ring, fear not. Provided below will be a list of requirements to join.

Step1) Must toss the bad ring you chose.

Step2) Choose the correct ring.

(screenshots required of step 1 and 2)

Step3) Pay the "I initially chose the wrong ring at first" fee. (the amount of entry will vary by a panel of correct first ring board members and is subject to their discretion.)

We have blackjack and hookers.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-02 21:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My mage only mule took Medada's, can I still bring them as a guest?
By Hopalong 2023-06-02 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Every ring has so much more to offer than the weaponskill +10% damage ring.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7