Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Can't start Provenance Watcher glitch/bug
Can't start Provenance Watcher glitch/bug
 Asura.Zalama
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zalama
By Asura.Zalama 2022-11-12 13:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Title says it. I've beat it before and was trying to get mules access and completion. Made it to the area, fought one of the caturae battles, won the fight, and exited. Now when I click the Provenance Watcher crystal it says some ***about debilitating fear and the cat's crystal says i can't enter while my party is engaged.

There is a post about this on the off. forums but that was in March.
Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know what's wrong? This happened 20 hours ago; I've restarted computer, left zone, waited till JP midnight to check again, checked in party, checked solo, same problem.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-12 14:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened last time too, I don't remember what happened with it though
By Kraunik 2022-11-12 14:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Had this happen a few times farming with my chars. The only thing that fixed it was after a version update. It seemed only a zone/server reset corrects it. It's possible a GM might be able to do something sooner, but good luck on that.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2022-11-12 14:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll second the update thing. I'd helped a friend get through all the stuff up to Prov and they got stuck with the same error and couldn't do anything at all until after an update. I don't think they ever contacted a GM about it, but not sure what a GM would have done for them anyway.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-12 14:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A GM would've done *** all. They dont even answer calls for a week.

I would still call the GM, if nothing else than to submit a complaint that they don't answer the call. As that is completely unacceptable.
By macy85 2022-11-12 16:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here.
 Asura.Zalama
user: Zalama
By Asura.Zalama 2022-11-12 16:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

called a gm, got an automated response to post it on forums.. i'll just wait till update.. tried using all my voidstones and kupofried's and getting new ones, didnt work. I know stones have *** to do with it but just in case. thank you everyone