First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-10 06:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Serjero said: »
Feels like they are just trying to force people to do sortie to increase engagement metrics since so little of the population ended up continuing or even touching odyssey.

Whenever you guys think something is "like" this or that. It's not. It's never "like" anything. It simply is that thing.

It's not "as if they're trying to", they are.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-10 06:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Time Gated content is bad Really bad for a game like FFXI at this age when we have solo Capabilities I don't understand why its not an open world Event Like Abyssea, and not instanced i dont want to feel like playing a Mobile game, thats why i left a grp Real fast was so annoying to deal with there is always some 1 not joining
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2022-11-10 06:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
But all the kids on private servers claim EXP is premium XI content
actually is diffrent and better it was designed that way no over the top items and so on.
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 06:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The RDM had TWO jobs at 75 (omg!) and was in an endgame LS. His gear wasn't stellar but definitely much better than the rest of us.

This is the guy that carried you with debuffs most likely and WHM with good cures.

You can say there wasnt any special requirements back then, but just level and midrange gear, but to make that level and get that mid range gear (or buy medicines for some fights) you would need to grind for months. Here you need 10k Galli and open few chests. Seriously, I could do it on my naked 99lvl mule in like 10 Sortie runs. My 99 RDM who I did just for free solo Sortie runs for a chance to get +1 cases started with nothing but +1 empy and some shitty gear worth of maybe 1M gil total or some easy to get R/E. Now I have 4/5 +2 and one +3 empy armor. Please...
By Draylo 2022-11-10 06:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »
actually is diffrent and better it was designed that way no over the top items and so on.

Wot?
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-11-10 07:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wot?
Translation: he likes the pserver grind because it makes him feel nostalgic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-11-10 07:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrxi said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Vaerix said: »
Our group cleared every v20 with mixed jobs between 10-30
10-30 is not 0
People legit think you can't but v20 nm's without ML? My ongo v20 clear was done with ML1 BLM same with most of sortie nms my blm is ML 3 now because of sortie. People putting way too much stock in ML.
And everybody in your pt was ML1? Or were you the only one?
Aside from the fact that ML1 is not ML0, kudos to you if your group managed to do Ongo V20 with everyone at ML1.
Now I'm even more confused snd don't know if this is troll or not. Do you think from ml0 to ml1 they give you +600 to all stats? The gain from ml isn't that massive also I said ml1 because I assume it started you out as that I've not done much at all for ml. My blm is ml2 so from sortie I got it from 0-2. Also blm would be the key factor in that fight so being ml0 for it would be bigger than others.
Meta strat is just bad hes actually one of the easier ones, like 6 min kill once get strat down. I asume people still using Rayke only and steel cyclone with SCH and GEO nuking to get 1 lucky kill then just amp cheese the rest. 40 INT does like nothing when not getting nuke walled and casting in right order.
Not sure if you think I thought he was hard or not was just more so pointing out that you don't need ml for things in the game to be done is all. But I don't wanna derail the topic anymore.
By Thunderjet 2022-11-10 07:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wot?
you know 1-75 is less exp than 1-50 ML? it is actually enjoyable this is not this is Designed for botting every 1 and their moms bott even some people admitted that its fine to bott why are you delusional? the only diffrence is that its accessible for solo, even through that ppl bott box so yea go figure man please use your mind a lil bit, you keep memeing the 75 era in every post for every chance lol.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-11-10 07:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So be it. I'm just saying we have never encountered once in these ~20 years a situation where they have been "forced" to do some incredibly grindy requirement.

Come off it... this entire derailment of yours has been bizarrely disingenuous.

"Requiring RMEA progress for story progression" is really overselling what's being asked here. It's far from "incredibly grindy," even for the lowest geared players. It can literally be completed naked in just a few days of trivial objectives in Sortie. Or in one day if you have a few geared friends -- or just one geared RDM -- to carry you through E boss.

Someone who's gotten to this point in TVR will have already had to defeat NMs that would prove somewhat challenging for a freshly geared player -- more so than Sortie trash, certainly. Moreover, this isn't something that's unique to TVR; the final boss of RoV, Cloud of Darkness, is a total wall for a freshly geared 99 who's stomped all the preceding story, often needing the assistance of a geared player.

By comparison, this modest Sortie participation requirement is a total non-issue. It can be completed solo, with entry-level gear, or even totally naked. It can be completed with zero combat if they so wish. All it requires is a few days of doing Sortie, not some intense grind. There's literally no reason to be bemoaning it this hard for the sake of this ostensibly existent group of people who refuse to step into an "endgame" instance, people who aren't posting or complaining themselves.

Call me when they continue to require Prime Weapon progress for TVR, and it actually turns into a grind-gated story. and I'll grab a pitchfork. This isn't that, though. Not even close.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-10 07:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If y'all didn't have these stupid tangent discussions in update threads, it would be a lot easier for more casual XIAH users to get actual information about the update. If you have something that you'd prefix with "unpopular opinion but" in a tweet, instead make a thread for it so people who don't care can ignore it.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-11-10 07:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Wot?
you know 1-75 is less exp than 1-50 ML? it is actually enjoyable this is not this is Designed for botting every 1 and their moms bott even some people admitted that its fine to bott why are you delusional? the only diffrence is that its accessible for solo, even through that ppl bott box so yea go figure man please use your mind a lil bit, you keep memeing the 75 era in every post for every chance lol.

What you said didn't make sense honestly. It's a little hypocritical honestly. It's enjoyable to grind crabs from 1 to 75 but grinding the same crabs in a golden color is too much work. I thought that was the whole point? And you do realize those p servers can be botted too? I doubt this was "designed" as bot content. It's probably comparable to pre TOAU 1 to 75, the grind is really quite similar except we have way more options now. So plz enjoy it
By Seun 2022-11-10 07:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Now if the game always had intense grind/gear requirements since day one I would have nothing to say honestly.
But this is the first time in a loooong history of this game and yes, I'm quite puzzled why they decided to do that, giving a big kick in the balls to those players who are exclusively interested in the story.

During RotZ, the 'end' for most people was Rank 6. This was where people stopped because it was the entry point for Dynamis and essentially your first taste of endgame. From that point you decide if you want to commit to the climb and join a shell or not.

CoP was already addressed, but I do want to highlight one thing. It wasn't until much later in WotG that they removed the level cap restrictions from the CoP missions. Until that point, the 'end' for most players was still much earlier in the chain than Sea access.

That happened literally right before they increased the level cap so there really was no precedent for casually finishing the story in the 75 era.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-10 08:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
SimonSes said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The shield is size 6 with 140 defense and shield skill +118. Does that make it our best physical shield now against high level content?

That would be a huge lol :D

Overthrone (by far) Ochain with shield that you can get in 2 Sortie runs.

That amount of skill with size 6 will also easily cap block on almost anything right? Especially with ML40+?

I think so, also I believe that size 6 has a much higher base % reduction, so I bet it reduces more damage than Srivatsa.

Light the Martel signal! I must know!
Duban now crushes Ochain. All Ochain is left with is VIT(countered by the higher def on Duban) and converts dmg to MP on block.. which is nearly useless since blocks nearly always hit for 0 with Phalanx up.

I haven't run any numbers yet, but it should be very easy to cap blockrates with Duban. I'll see about doing mathy things later.

Regarding block dmg reduction, Ochain actually has lower block dmg reduction than Aegis(and Srivatsa.) -60% vs -75%. This doesn't tend to actually matter much, because in both cases blocked hits tend to hit for 0 after phalanx.

Also the precedent set by Aegis and Srivatsa, two size 5 shields with vastly differing def values but the same block dmg- value(-75%), suggests that despite Duban's higher defense it will very likely only have -60% dmg reduction on block like Ochain does.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-11-10 08:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine throwing such a fuss over requiring players to collect 10k muffins and a drop that comes from every blue/red box and boss in sortie. Stage 2 weapons cost the same as a single +2 empyrean upgrade. And we have all month to do it before the next story arc releases in December. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-11-10 08:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
CoP was already addressed, but I do want to highlight one thing. It wasn't until much later in WotG that they removed the level cap restrictions from the CoP missions. Until that point, the 'end' for most players was still much earlier in the chain than Sea access.

It was Abyssea and the level 80 cap raise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 08:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Wot?
Translation: he likes the pserver grind because it makes him feel nostalgic.
Nostalgia is a... powerful feeling.
But it's like Eiryl said.
I've experienced it again and again and again.
On PSO, on FFXI, on WoW.

Most of the time it's completely gone after a few days.
At least it's like that for the majority of people. Not all I guess, but most.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-11-10 08:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

WoW classic is more popular than the current version of the game.

the thing i love about FFXI players is they make sweeping statements that they just apply to everyone because of their own anecdotal experience. it's absolutely wild to continuously witness this lens so consistently being applied.

blame nostalgia, blame rose colored glasses, blame intelligence. the fact of the matter is some eras of some games were better than others. the "majority" of people would agree with this.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-10 08:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Disclai said: »
It's far from "incredibly grindy," even for the lowest geared players.
Granted the concept itself of "grindy" is highly subjective and what we on these boards perceive as a laugh can be perceived completely different from other people.
But I'll acknowledge 10k Gallimaufry is not 6 months of grind, point taken.
It *is* grind nonetheless though.
It still stands to the fact that this has never been done before, and ~10 days of farming a content that it's gated behind daily entry on its own is a peculiar choice for a game that, so far, never required anything of the sorts.

What's the requirement for Stage 2 btw? For Stage 1 it's "only" 10k Gallimaufry, do you require Eikonstones for Stage 2 I assume?

Quote:
the final boss of RoV, Cloud of Darkness, is a total wall for a freshly geared 99 who's stomped all the preceding story, often needing the assistance of a geared player.
Oh yeah, not denying that.
Cloud of Darkness is undoubtely one of the (very few) "hard" story mission fights.
They would've never made it, had I not carried 'em around.
It's one of the few fights I was thinking about in my mind when I mentioned "a couple of fights tougher than the rest" in one of my earlier posts.

Again though there is no "specific" requirement here either.
To make a 1:1 comparison we could say that a special NM in TVR requires to be hit with a Prime Weapon at least once to be defeated.
That would've been a compareable scenario.
But requiring each and every participant player to have a Stage 2 Prime Weapon in their inventory is conceptually a completely different "requirement" imho.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-11-10 08:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

November Update:
Windower Resources: Updated.
KParser Memloc: 00626FC0 (No change.)
Box Destroyer/Digger (No change.)
Slip 30 info was added to slips.lua
[+]
By Seun 2022-11-10 08:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Seun said: »

It was Abyssea and the level 80 cap raise.

Yeah, there was so much going on that summer. We had servers merging making you think the game is dying, but here comes Abyssea... and XIV a few months later /headscratch
By SimonSes 2022-11-10 08:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

GetHelpNerd said: »
WoW classic is more popular than the current version of the game.

the thing i love about FFXI players is they make sweeping statements that they just apply to everyone because of their own anecdotal experience. it's absolutely wild to continuously witness this lens so consistently being applied.

blame nostalgia, blame rose colored glasses, blame intelligence. the fact of the matter is some eras of some games were better than others. the "majority" of people would agree with this.

Afaik WoW classic isnt much different than current WoW in term of speed of progression? or maybe its faster even? Correct me if Im wrong. Leveling also is probably similar? Can do it solo or in party? Current WoW seems to be just more stats and more options, but in general pretty much the same, just lower ilvl.

75cap FFXI and current FFXI are miles ahead if you dont count "optional" MLs. Leveling was completely different process, that required tons of time and preparation and usually full party (soloing was SUPER slow). You couldn't progress in MSQ at all without party. It's basically months of grind to even touch end game and endgame was mostly HNMs that I can't possibly imagine in my age (camping in one place for up to 3h in various hours each day? no *** way). No to mention it would be SUPER botted now (it was in the past, but now you wouldn't be able to touch and HNM without bot). Instanced events were rare, while now its a standard. It's completely different game. Progress in 75cap FFXI was just possible for kids, teenagers or no-lifers. Casuals or people with limited time wouldn't be able to do almost anything, beside soloing EP in 2 years grind to level 75, only to notice that they can't do almost anything in end game.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 10