Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Request: Recipes over 100
Request: Recipes over 100
 Pandemonium.Tymora
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: tymora
By Pandemonium.Tymora 2008-09-05 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe all craft recipes over 100 as cap are not being listed (or visible).
Some examples would be Mezraq(103) and Thalasocrat(106) for Woodworking.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2008-09-05 12:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always wondered about this .... how is it possible to know that a recipe has a lvl over 100? Is that information stored in the dat files?

I'd always thought the way the caps were figured out was by people finding if they could get a skillup off the recipe or not when they were below the suspected level.
 Caitsith.Maleko
Server: Caitsith
user: Maleko
By Caitsith.Maleko 2008-09-05 12:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just my opinion but.......As you cannot get Skill-ups beyond Level 100 isn't it kind of irrelevant what level a craft is "Guessed" to be? I mean just because you are Level 100 in a skill and have Synth support and you are wearing both the glasses and the apron and the Synth fails this does not necessarily mean that the craft is 103+. It might just be bad luck.

If the synths were listed at 100 where SE set the synth cap then not seeing a synth listed as 103 or 106 would not be a problem. We have for the most part come to accept the Synth recipies on ffxiah.com as being accurate. Why even list higher capped items based only on speculation?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-09-05 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There are not actually any items that have synth caps over 100. The dat files can tell us what they are, and 100 is the highest. Items that are said to have over 100 caps are really more user determination of what constitutes a skill up under the formulas that players have interpolated and guessed by.
 Midgardsormr.Odangoatama
Premium
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Odangoatama 2008-09-05 13:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maleko said:
This is just my opinion but.......As you cannot get Skill-ups beyond Level 100 isn't it kind of irrelevant what level a craft is "Guessed" to be?

setting aside for a second whether the caps are available in the .dats...IF there are recipes with a cap over 100 then yes, it's perfectly relevant what the cap on those recipes is. Failure rate increases the further you get from the cap and there is no reason to believe that this is not the case for high-level recipes.

example: I am 60 Smithing. I can attempt any recipe up to and including 60 with the same minimal break rate, but if I try something 60 or higher, the break rate increases until 74 (you can't even attempt a recipe 15 levels over yours).

there's no reason to believe that the same doesn't hold for my Weaving (100+3), so I should be able to do any synth up to 106 (with +3 from adv. support) with the same break rate; over that the rate would increase.

all of that is predicated on the idea that there are recipes that cap above 100. If Jaerik is right, of course, then the whole point is moot.
 Pandemonium.Tymora
By Pandemonium.Tymora 2008-09-05 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You can narrow down the range of skills by using the recipes each NPC in a guild gives you. After that it would be user determination of the exact level through actual break rates.

The NPC that gives you advanced boosts will give you recipes 6 levels above cap for example and Thalasocrat falls into this category, so it is 106+. Max cap for skill is 106 so I doubt they would make it higher than 106. After ~50 synths, I am not observing a break rate that would suggest >106.

Recipes that are the same skill level as you and below are listed by the basic NPC - also the one who gives you entire recipe history. This NPC also gives you recipes in increasing skill order. So if a recipe is nested between 2 known ones, it will fall within the range set by the known recipes.

1-5 levels above given by the 2nd NPC. Mezraq falls into this category, meaning it is 101-105. My error here, it isn't 103. I don't think anyone has confirmed the exact cap for Mezraq (material prices forbid testing) but ffrecipe lists it at 101.

Unfortunately, this method does not apply to sub-skills.

---------
If someone tries a Thalasocrat synth based on 100, he will probably quit crafting the same day. I have heard some people experiencing break rates close to 2/3 when it first appeared, when it should have been ~15%. (~5% base break rate for each craft/sub involved.)
 Pandemonium.Tymora
By Pandemonium.Tymora 2008-09-05 15:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I am no longer able to verify the exact cap of recipes in the 101-105 since I am at 100 WW.
However a user 95+ is able to do so.

At 95, a 101 recipe will be given by the advanced NPC and not the intermediate NPC. The same recipe will switch to the intermediate NPC when the user hits 96. That is how we verify the exact recipe caps for those over 100.

Another way to verify recipe caps is to attempt to synth it. You can attempt synths for recipes 15 levels above your current skill. For example someone verified elemental rings to be 102 by using this.
84+1 = Cannot synth
84+2 = Cannot synth
84+3 = Can synth
But this is more expensive.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-09-05 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible that the cap is not hard coded into the .dats but is a special "extra" bracket that's been coded into the server for users executing certain functions with skill over 100. This would make some sense, seeing as skill level over 100 was never even possible in the original FF server build, but was grafted on later through updates/expansions.