Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-06-03 22:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Tomasello: Flat earther of the FFXI community

So am I supposed to prove it's flat or are you proving it's round?

It's hard to keep track of Prothescar logic lol.
 Valefor.Aspens
Server: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2024-06-03 22:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Back at my bee:

stp0 = 19
5stp = 19
6stp = 20
10stp = 20
11stp = 21

seems like 5-6 stp to add 1 tp with some weird rounding/truncation i'm sure.

Also w/ my previous sam roll example, 5.5 stp per TP is a close approximation.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
Server: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-06-03 22:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another variable is TP gained is based on monster delay. So just stack STP when taking damage. Pretty sure this has been common knowledge for tanking since forever.
 Asura.Warmoose
Server: Asura
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-03 23:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zedoma said: »
Another variable is TP gained is based on monster delay. So just stack STP when taking damage. Pretty sure this has been common knowledge for tanking since forever.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Tactical_Points#Getting_hit_for_more_than_0_damage

Quote:
Getting hit for more than 0 damage
Melee hits: A player gains 1/3rd of the TP that the monster gains. Monsters' TP gain can be calculated the same way a player's is. A rule of thumb is that you gain around 21 TP/hit on normal monsters (Most monsters have 240 Delay, and gain 64 TP per hit). Any Store TP gear/traits affect this the same way it affects melee TP gain (see below). Monsters with Subtle Blow reduce this value similar to how it works for players.

Magic: Any spell that does initial damage give the player 50 TP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zattano
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zattano 2024-06-08 14:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zattano said: »
I have some data I've been compiling for some time regarding Sortie Earrings. In short, the augment rate is terribly weighted to one side(and not the preferred one).
Considering the time it takes to obtain HQ earrings, especially +2's, it's sad to see the augment rate favor the low side of the spectrum. From the data I've gathered it looks like augment rate of HQ1's have an average of 12 macc/acc rounded to the nearest whole number, and 17 Macc/Acc rounded to the nearest whole number for HQ2's. Below is my data copied from my active sheet for those that would like to verify.

*Note: due to rarity of HQ2's the pool is smaller. I run with 2 statics, between them and my other friends this is what I have gathered. I only take submissions of data points at time of obtainment to eliminate duping of numbers.*

I tried to post the data but the formating is terrible, here is the active link for the sheet.
Sortie Earring Info...

Augment Rate(Acc/Macc):
NQ Average~~~~~~HQ1 Average~~~~~~HQ2 Average
6.852941176~~~~~11.98802395~~~~~~16.96153846

Augment structure:
HQ2 Attribute/Acc breakdown
Attributes ~~~~ Acc/Macc
7 ~~~~~~~~~ 16
9 ~~~~~~~~~ 17
11 ~~~~~~~~ 18
13 ~~~~~~~~ 19
15 ~~~~~~~~ 20
Exceptions: SMN confirmed, possibly BST and PUP
Store TP:7 pet:acc/macc:17 Pet DT:-6%

NQ box to HQ1 earring rate:
7 of 212
3.398% HQ rate

Shout out to all the contributors of the data points. It would have taken much longer without your assistance.

Will update when more HQ2 data is availalble.

Updated Info. Data appears to be in close alignment with OP.

Data spreadsheet if anyone wants to browse or verify:
Sortie JSE Earring Augment Data...

@Square-Enix... With the time and luck required to obtain these earrings, having the decency to favor mid-range augments, rather then low range, would have been considerate.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-06-13 02:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it's been said or tried, but our PLD was unavailable tonight and the only thing we could get was a RUN, so we had them sub WHM and went for the standard melee 9 boss pretending he was a PLD.
Hate was a little funky on Aminon but when the DNC pulled hate he super jumped and the RUN Sforzo'd. Slightly slower kill speed but we still managed the 9 boss with very little issue. Didnt go for extra objectives, and the RDM + DNC had to pick up some of the healing slack since we didnt have majesty going ham the whole time.

Either way, fun and interesting to know it can be done.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-06-13 07:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This was already done a while back using a huuuuuge data sample. Gave odds of getting lowest to highest tier of a given augment. Since the +1 versions augments directly match the first augment you get from a NQ earring, it's believed that the earring gets "one roll" that determines the augment tier, no matter if it's NQ, +1, or +2.

There's also a breakdown of the odds of getting an earring for a particular job as well.

[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-06-13 07:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warmoose said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
Quote:
To expand on this, it seems like aminon only gets TP from the specific target of his abilities

Mobs don't get tp from AoE melee swings beyond their primary target. I've gone to bumba on corsair and stood right next to him with the blue mage to keep an entrust bubble effect up. I was taking low but non-zero damage the whole time and it was fine. Having extra people near Mboze on KI1 doesn't make him more spammy. And when my sortie group fights aminon all 5 of the non-tanks are constantly taking hits from him. It never feeds him tp. Absorb tp wouldn't be enough to keep aminon's tp gain at bay if 5 people were feeding him tp EVERY swing he makes. Only the tank needs to maintain stoneskin and get hit for zero in that fight.

It's still a good idea to keep a reasonable defensive idele, but there's no reason the dancer can't throw up an AoE waltz now and again after reverse flourish. It affords them more than enough tp to both waltz and still weaponskill immediately after, and with centovente offhand it won't affect damage output much. I do it all the time when people are getting a bit low to ease the cure burden when our tank is busy with stoneskin recasts.

I only used the word seems because I haven't personally done any tests, but it's pretty much general knowledge at this point I feel like.

As for defensive sets, on DNC I think I'm actually taking net positive MDT due to my idle set. It's not too risky, and honestly haven't ever had to throw out a waltz, although you're right that I probably could.

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

Cape is PDT augment/tp cape

so my net MDT is +4 MDT taken

Man I enjoyed the regain from that set, but I felt really squishy. Was in the yellow HP alot, but it was manageable for my PLD

Don't forget, the Adoulin ring (Karieyh ring) gives another 5 tp per tick :D (Making the +1 version doesn't increase the regain unfortunately).
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2024-06-13 07:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I'm not in that group but they've mentioned that RUN/SCH is pretty much just to aoe sneak/invis etc. because they don't need /BLU for anything, and it generally helped speed things up in the running around phases.

I believe getting hit for 0 is pivotal to the strat, if you're being hit for real damage that is likely your problem.

Absorb-TP takes a % of the mob's TP, can't take above ~40% of the mob's TP, so it's a decent gauge of how much TP it has, and you can use it as a gauge for whether you can afford to continue giving it TP or not.

Hey just a quick question about the maximum/cap on how much tp can be absorbed from a mob. I've heard people saying ~40% is the cap. I can't find any testing to verify this. I checked bgwiki; ffxiopedia, ffxiah.com, etc. Does anybody know if there was testing to confirm this? If so would you possibly be able to link it?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 08:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Illuminate said: »
I'm not in that group but they've mentioned that RUN/SCH is pretty much just to aoe sneak/invis etc. because they don't need /BLU for anything, and it generally helped speed things up in the running around phases.

I believe getting hit for 0 is pivotal to the strat, if you're being hit for real damage that is likely your problem.

Absorb-TP takes a % of the mob's TP, can't take above ~40% of the mob's TP, so it's a decent gauge of how much TP it has, and you can use it as a gauge for whether you can afford to continue giving it TP or not.

Hey just a quick question about the maximum/cap on how much tp can be absorbed from a mob. I've heard people saying ~40% is the cap. I can't find any testing to verify this. I checked bgwiki; ffxiopedia, ffxiah.com, etc. Does anybody know if there was testing to confirm this? If so would you possibly be able to link it?

I'm not aware of testing, I'm primarily going off what I see when doing Aminon. If our absorbs are < 350 or so, we're normally fine. If she gets off a TP move, inevitably we find that we had a ~400ish absorb right before that.

This leads me to believe that 400 absorb = 1000+ TP = TP move (potentially). We've had DRK absorbing for 500+ before because of their JSE, but for non-DRK, this has been a hard and fast rule for us and it's worked for dozens and dozens of Aminons.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-06-13 11:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not aware of testing, I'm primarily going off what I see when doing Aminon. If our absorbs are < 350 or so, we're normally fine. If she gets off a TP move, inevitably we find that we had a ~400ish absorb right before that.

This leads me to believe that 400 absorb = 1000+ TP = TP move (potentially). We've had DRK absorbing for 500+ before because of their JSE, but for non-DRK, this has been a hard and fast rule for us and it's worked for dozens and dozens of Aminons.
we call anyhthing over 300, as high-tp and our buttholes pucker
[+]
By Taint 2024-06-13 15:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

Don't forget, the Adoulin ring (Karieyh ring) gives another 5 tp per tick :D (Making the +1 version doesn't increase the regain unfortunately).

You also want STP in the waist (sweord+1) ears and ammo. Damage is easily healed by the PLD and you gain TP faster. It was discussed on the previous page.

Our NQAminion are just melting now with the help of this thread. We've only done HQ once and he died in 7:30 with a 6 WC roll.
By Dortwo 2024-06-13 16:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Idle set is:
ItemSet 395796

You also want STP in the waist (sweord+1) ears and ammo. Damage is easily healed by the PLD and you gain TP faster. It was discussed on the previous page.

Our NQAminion are just melting now with the help of this thread. We've only done HQ once and he died in 7:30 with a 6 WC roll.

One last thing you can play around with is either using Jelly Ring or knocking your shell down a tier. It should ofc be coordinated with the PLD healing and such, but it's a nice little bump in tp gain
[+]
 Asura.Josho
user: Josho88
By Asura.Josho 2024-06-13 17:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Was curious on this so did some quick tests on Puk's with Aspir on Darksday.
Not a massive sample size, however gives an idea of the % range I guess, providing the Puk's do gain a flat 1000 every time.

DRK main with no Absorb-TP boosting gear.
Bind > Aspir > Absorb-TP
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2024-06-16 14:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Absorb TP change much from PLD/SCH keeping weather up? Or not really worth it on the PLDs end?
By Nariont 2024-06-16 14:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Want to say abs-TP is a set range that only cares about macc, and that only drk emp gloves increase in any capacity, possibly nether void. Dont think weather does much if anything, but could be wrong
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-06-16 18:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i have weathered brd and cor, but havent noticed it making any difference

if your SV Dark Thren2 falls from time, make sure they are using Marcato on the Dark Thren2 and youll be fine
[+]
 Valefor.Gryffen
user: gryff
By Valefor.Gryffen 2024-06-20 21:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a recurring issue in Sortie where my screen becomes almost entirely purple. When it happens, I can still see most of my UI, but it seems 50/50 on whether I can still move, change targets, or otherwise take any action. I'm unable to /logout properly and have to force-quit the game. This seems to occur most often with basement bosses, though not exclusively (tonight it happened on Naraka). Beyond that, I have not noticed any particular moves or situations that seem to trigger it. I've had this happen both with HD packs / DGVoodoo and without.

Obviously this has a big impact on the run since everyone has to wait for me to force-quit and log back in. I'd say I've experienced it on at least 10% of my runs. I've tried searching for any information or similar issues but haven't had any luck. My drivers, Windows, etc. are all up to date. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Here's one screenshot of the even-more-purple-than-usual Sortie.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-20 21:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like you're running out of VRAM and things are failing to load but not 100% sure on that
By TallyHo 2024-06-20 21:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried this? Seems to help a few people I've pointed it to who have had the black screen issue, so the Purple Screen may just be the Sortie Specific version of that.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin
 Valefor.Gryffen
user: gryff
By Valefor.Gryffen 2024-06-21 04:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

TallyHo said: »
Have you tried this? Seems to help a few people I've pointed it to who have had the black screen issue, so the Purple Screen may just be the Sortie Specific version of that.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin
Do you mean the 4GB memory address flag? I do already have that switched to 4GB, unfortunately.
By wick 2024-06-21 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange thing happened to me during Sortie. I did B and C objectives exact same time and the B objective coffer popped on the C coffer… anyone else experience it?
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-06-21 19:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

wick said: »
Strange thing happened to me during Sortie. I did B and C objectives exact same time and the B objective coffer popped on the C coffer… anyone else experience it?
Yeah, this has been known and reported before. See Pergatory's post:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57884/there-are-currently-no-known-issues#3706752
[+]
 Asura.Karppa
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-06-22 09:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy midsummer festival to all ffxi players veterans.. since 2005
seems my topic making is banned..no idea why..
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159